Volleyball coach under investigation

Volleyball coach under investigation

There are 9 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Apr 23, 2008, titled Volleyball coach under investigation. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Police are investigating allegations that a Bonita High School girls volleyball coach behaved inappropriately with a player, police and school officials said Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

Club Parent

Covina, CA

#1 Apr 24, 2008
Club West Coach again? Two years ago Club West Coach Jarod Dodson was arrested and convicted of this type of thing with a Club West player. Is this accuser a Club West player accusing a club west coach again?
Club Alumni

Orange, CA

#2 Apr 24, 2008
This is rubbish. There is no way this man would be guilty. Not all coaches are the same. These "accusations" are not a reflection of the values of Club West. Club West has done nothing but try to help young athletes improve their skills to be able to play volleyball in college, and further into the future. The club has been a positive thing for many young boys and girls, and nothing should be assumed yet. This is simply an investigation. Innocent until proven guilty.
concerned citizen

San Mateo, CA

#3 Apr 24, 2008
If your looking for a child molester you should look up Ken Roberts on Grove Center in West Covina. He prefers boys though
anonymous

Long Beach, CA

#4 Apr 25, 2008
coberly is ( or was ) the varsity coach at bonita, this player in question is a bonita player AND club west player...
Volleyball parent

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Apr 25, 2008
First,+1 to "Club Alumni"

Secondly, Coach Morgan KNOW that you have MANY supporters and have had hundreds, if not thousands of athletes you have coached over the years that have a great deal of respect for you and everything you are about.

I pray that the truth comes out soon so you can put all this behind you.

VBer

Sevilla, Spain

#6 Apr 26, 2008
Volleyball coaches abusing their players is an epidemic. Talk to any female volleyball player, and you will find that either they have had a coach who made inappropriate advances, or they were on a team where that occurred.
Volleyball parent

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7 Apr 28, 2008
....and as sad as that may be, doesn't mean this man is guilty of or even being accused of the same types of "inappropriate advances".

The sad part is that once this runs its' course you aren't likely to see coverage in the papers that clears his name.
Club Parent - La Verne

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#8 May 6, 2008
I know that one is innocent until proven guilty, but based on the facts that the police are investigating the allegations and that he resigned from his coaching job at Bonita, shouldn't he at least be suspended from coaching and conducting clinics at Club West(which keeps him in contact with minors) until the investigation is finished? For the welfare of the players and the club's reputation, I think it would be better for Club West to err on the side of caution.
Chris Peterson

San Diego, CA

#9 Jun 11, 2008
Unfortunately for Morgan Coberly, the facts don't have to be in order before news organizations report on what "might be true". Morgan's reputation and career have suffered irreparable harm due to these false accusations. I think it is time that Morgan's name be cleared in the media with the same gusto that was used to smear and damage his good reputation and excellent professional record.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Fugitive Accused In Nursing Home Assault... Jan 10 greymouser 5
News Watson and Clemson dethrone top-ranked Tide, 35-31 Jan 10 Go Blue Forever 1
News Columbus semi-finalist for futuristic, high-spe... Jan 10 They cannot kill ... 3
News Multiple Dead In Ft. Lauderdale Airport Shootin... Jan 8 Spotted Girl 8
News 'A real player's player' (May '10) Jan 7 Eddiecaine 3
News Community volunteers thanked for dedication to ... (Aug '09) Jan 5 Not all sports Vo... 4
News Bevier back to .500 (Aug '07) Jan 3 Bigsnake 4
More from around the web