Nothing to cheer about

Full story: GoErie.com 35
Landing a spot on the cheerleading team at Millcreek's Walnut Creek Middle School wasn't easy. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LazyDavy

Erie, PA

#25 Jun 30, 2008
Interesting observation. M.A. Anderson filed a Whistleblower suit against the district, and her handling of her Millcreek program is under investigation by the state. Mr. Cobert and several board members attempted to settle with her this past winter regardless of what this state investigation or a Federal judge might say. I agree that it doesn't matter who the Superintendent is…Anderson and Cobert run the district…and the other board members don't seem to be able to or want to do anything about it.
Mary

Erie, PA

#26 Jun 30, 2008
ShirleyUJest wrote:
I realize that an injustice may have been done here. But, come on. Is this story really worth 20+ paragraphs of the ETN? More investigation when into this hard-hitting piece (??) then went into the removal of Dean Maynard or the Whistleblower suit, combined.
I agree. There are sooooo many other things going on in this city/county that need to be investigated - things that are/will be affecting a lot more of us than this - ETN must have a lot of people on vacation or something. Slow news day? What a waste of ink.
MissionMan

Erie, PA

#27 Jun 30, 2008
This past winter I had the pleasure to attend several middle school basketball games in the county. Several cheerleading teams obviously had 'no cuts'…there were 15-20 or more cheerleaders…and I thought it was great. There should be no cuts at this level. As far as this gentleman (Cobert) changing rules to suit himself (or his daughters) and then hiding behind compliant administrators and intimidated fellow school board members, well, shame on them. Ask the coach what really happened…but she'd probably be fired if she did.
Cobert

Erie, PA

#28 Jun 30, 2008
And thats Mr Cobert to you low liefs. I am GOD HERE IN MILLCREEK.So shut your traps and get over. I will change any rule I want to.

Elitism is the belief or attitude that those individuals who are considered members of the elite — a select group of people with outstanding personal abilities, intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes — are those whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight; whose views and/or actions are most likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities or wisdom render them especially fit to govern [1]. Alternatively, the term elitism may be used to describe a situation in which power is concentrated in the hands of the elite.

Opposed to elitism are "anti-elitism," "populism," and the political theory of pluralism. Elite theory is the sociological or political science analysis of elite influence in society - elite theorists regard pluralism as an utopian ideal.

Elitism may also refer to situations in which an elite individual assumes special privileges and responsibilities in the hope that this arrangement will benefit humanity.

At times, elitism is closely related to social class and what sociologists call social stratification. Members of the upper classes are sometimes, though inaccurately, known as the "social elite."

The term elitism is also sometimes misused to denote situations in which a group of people claiming to possess high abilities or simply an in-group or cadre grant themselves extra privileges at the expense of others. This debased form of elitism may be described as discrimination.

I am GOD of millcreek schools And your all a bunch of peons.
macsdaddy

Fairview, PA

#29 Jun 30, 2008
Millcreek should not look far for their new superintendent. The most talented folks are just to the west.
Cobert

Erie, PA

#30 Jun 30, 2008
I did fire her. She said she quit but everyones knows that I got rid of her.
Taxed Payer Erie Co

Lorain, OH

#31 Jun 30, 2008
Cobert wrote:
And thats Mr Cobert to you low liefs. I am GOD HERE IN MILLCREEK.So shut your traps and get over. I will change any rule I want to.
Elitism is the belief or attitude that those individuals who are considered members of the elite — a select group of people with outstanding personal abilities, intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes — are those whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight; whose views and/or actions are most likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities or wisdom render them especially fit to govern [1]. Alternatively, the term elitism may be used to describe a situation in which power is concentrated in the hands of the elite.
Opposed to elitism are "anti-elitism," "populism," and the political theory of pluralism. Elite theory is the sociological or political science analysis of elite influence in society - elite theorists regard pluralism as an utopian ideal.
Elitism may also refer to situations in which an elite individual assumes special privileges and responsibilities in the hope that this arrangement will benefit humanity.
At times, elitism is closely related to social class and what sociologists call social stratification. Members of the upper classes are sometimes, though inaccurately, known as the "social elite."
The term elitism is also sometimes misused to denote situations in which a group of people claiming to possess high abilities or simply an in-group or cadre grant themselves extra privileges at the expense of others. This debased form of elitism may be described as discrimination.
I am GOD of millcreek schools And your all a bunch of peons.
You tell them Mr.Cobert.
lakerman1

Erie, PA

#32 Jun 30, 2008
If the times-news wants to investigate something, they should consider the scoreboard at Seneca H.S. football field. It is much too small, and difficult to see from the stands. This is a serious matter.
The cheerleader thing is much less important.

And I think cobert's late night comedy show on the comedy channel is becoming too predictable.
Give it up, Cobert.
Omniscient1

Akron, OH

#33 Jun 30, 2008
lakerman1 wrote:
If the times-news wants to investigate something, they should consider the scoreboard at Seneca H.S. football field. It is much too small, and difficult to see from the stands. This is a serious matter.
The cheerleader thing is much less important.
And I think cobert's late night comedy show on the comedy channel is becoming too predictable.
Give it up, Cobert.
There's nothing "serious" about Seneca football; never has been and never will be. They should have a 4-wheeler sport, so they can dominate something at least.
Pompous Egotist

Pittsburgh, PA

#34 Jul 25, 2008
How do you spell pompus[sic], egomaneac[sic] or self-apsorbed[sic]?? C-O-B-E-R-T.
Cobert

Erie, PA

#35 Jul 26, 2008
you spell it GOD.Get off me or I will send some cheerleaders to break your face....
reliable

Raeford, NC

#36 Jul 27, 2008
here is a fact for you! The Cobert girls both hold national tiltes in cheer and dance....so they are both more than qualified to have made the "middle school" team...this not NFL for heaven's sake.

After knowing that fact, why should they suffer because their father is disliked....one of the judges is the wife of a school board member who dislikes Cobert...THINK ABOUT THAT ONE!!!

to those of you who really think that this poster named "Cobert" is really Bill Cobert, you should'nt. Obviously he has enemies and it looks like one of them is posting under "Cobert"
yogi

Erie, PA

#37 Jul 27, 2008
...as far as national titles...BALONEY. It's which rich districts can send their kids to these events via flying there. Not too many black schools are involved and they're head and shoulders over their counterparts but can't afford to go. It's not an even plsying (cheering) field. As far as school board member vs another board member, shame onthem for getting the kids involved. When are the pricipals and the superintendent (acting) going to put an end to this madness. National title - PUHLEEZE!
reliable

Raeford, NC

#38 Jul 27, 2008
"yogi"
yeah, it seems you have a rebuttle for everything said so i'll just ask you to go to the middle school games and see for yourself if they should not be cheering....come on yogi, can you not see the forest for the trees???? with all the mess Cobert is in "involving the school board" it's really hard to believe that it had nothing to do with his girls not making that team....

also, im pretty sure it was policy that all girls make the team but never inforced until now.

i think his girls were paying the price for his mistakes....that's the point i was trying to say..PULLEEZE!
Cobert

Erie, PA

#39 Jul 27, 2008
reliable wrote:
"yogi"
yeah, it seems you have a rebuttle for everything said so i'll just ask you to go to the middle school games and see for yourself if they should not be cheering....come on yogi, can you not see the forest for the trees???? with all the mess Cobert is in "involving the school board" it's really hard to believe that it had nothing to do with his girls not making that team....
also, im pretty sure it was policy that all girls make the team but never inforced until now.
i think his girls were paying the price for his mistakes....that's the point i was trying to say..PULLEEZE!
YOU TELL THEM MOM...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle School Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should middle schools have team sports? (Nov '08) Apr '14 Sports player 70
Show your shcool pride with Titanium Twisters!!! (Mar '13) Mar '13 Anonymous 1
Discounts code for sports fundraisers! (Dec '12) Dec '12 Anonymous 1
Should schools require a 2.0 gpa for sports? (Feb '10) Dec '12 jimmie 3
Louisville school board to hold public meeting ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Mitt Rmoney 1
Middle School Sports Programs Gone in September (Feb '12) Feb '12 meme 2
Height of basketball goal in middle school (Jun '09) Jan '12 lpj1198 2

Middle School Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE