calling a game in the 5th for a schoo...

calling a game in the 5th for a school event

Posted in the Little League Forum

bren152

Roseville, CA

#1 May 9, 2012
Last night, our LL Majors game was called before starting the 5th inning due to several of the opposing teams' players having to leave for a band concert event. They were up 7-2. The umpires called the game and the officials/board of directors have no intention of either deeming it a forfeit or requiring the game to be finished at another time since we've been told that 4 1/2 innings played makes a game. Using this logic, potentially any team ahead in runs could just walk away from a game in the 5th inning and "win".
I'm curious to know how others feel about how this was handled. Our players and spectators were extremely disappointed..especially since we were starting to shut them down and had the potential to come back which is exactly what we did the last time we played this team and went into extra innings.:)

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Since: Jul 08

USA

#2 May 16, 2012
In this instance, the game should have ended when it did, due to a lack of 9 players. although, the right thing to do would have been to finish the game at another tome, even though it is not required.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little League Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Travel Question Nov 19 Mcgraw 2
Umpiring Poll Nov '17 rcschmidt 1
New 2018 USA Bats for the upcoming Little Leagu... Sep '17 dodgersfan777 1
CFZen 2 5/8 (May '17) Sep '17 dodgersfan777 2
Moving to a team outside of boundaries Sep '17 Bbhelp 1
News Bigler's "True Renaissance Man," Ray S. Walker,... Sep '17 Lol 197
News A monster grab goes viral Aug '17 Watching phartzz 4
More from around the web