Long Island senior softball players s...

Long Island senior softball players still got game -

There are 23 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 1, 2007, titled Long Island senior softball players still got game -. In it, Newsday reports that:

All Jim Reilly wanted to do was play a little ball. Back in 1975, however, the notion of a middle-age men playing a kids' game was absurd, unheard of.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LINDA

Milford, CT

#1 Sep 3, 2007
WOULD LOVE TO SEE IF THE OVER 50 LEAGUE STILL PLAYS IN SETAUKET, BROOKHAVEN, MEDFORD?
barbara

Powder Springs, GA

#2 Sep 9, 2007
ya
ken

AOL

#3 Jun 8, 2008
Hi, I'm 55 and looking for a men's over 50 softball team or league on Long Island. I haven't played in a while, but I'm looking for some exercise and fun. Can anyone help?
don

AOL

#4 Aug 20, 2008
there is a men's Over 60 league in long island (look under LISSA). I could join next year but i am not sure if i want to play 2 doubleheaders every week for 17 weeks (66 games) it is a big commitment and i have not decided if i want that big of a time commitment. i wish there was a way to play FUN games once a week or once in a while for older players (over 50 55 or 60) I think possibly at eisenhower park, but not sure of all the details). hope you find what you want
Pete from Middle Island

Lodi, NJ

#5 Aug 20, 2008
Hi

I too am looking for a fun softball team. I will be 59 this Nov. Did you have any luck finding a team?
pasquale marcasciano

AOL

#6 Sep 14, 2008
looking to play softball in brookhaven. i,m 55, have a great bat good legs and very good arm. you probably think i love myself but let me help your team softball is my game .
Debbie

Lake Mary, FL

#7 Mar 25, 2009
LINDA wrote:
WOULD LOVE TO SEE IF THE OVER 50 LEAGUE STILL PLAYS IN SETAUKET, BROOKHAVEN, MEDFORD?
There is an over 50 and over 60 women's team that does tournaments The Metros
Meghan

Flushing, NY

#8 Jul 21, 2009
Don - you better not even try to play in another league. You are already playing in that silly league in Central Park with those ridiculous shirts and your Geriatrician told you that too much physical activity can lead to broken bones or worse. Act your age, go play shuffleboard.
Gary

AOL

#9 Mar 24, 2010
Great Neck Weekend Softball are very friendly, casual, but organized, pickup games that have been around since 1991. There is no team committment. You can play as many games as you please. We always welcome new players and you can join at any time. All games take place from 8-10AM every Saturday and Sunday from April through the 2nd week in December. For more info please visit www.gnsoftball.com
Gary

AOL

#10 Mar 25, 2010
Pete from Middle Island wrote:
Hi
I too am looking for a fun softball team. I will be 59 this Nov. Did you have any luck finding a team?
Pete if you are still looking htere's a great organized pickup game in Great Neck with lots of players your age. It's been in existence since 1991 and has 65 members. There are 3 separate games. We always welcome new players.`You can play in as many gaames as you like. Last year there were 72 playing dates. Some guys played in only a handfull. That's ok. There's no team committment. Our Web site is www.gnsoftball.com
Gary

AOL

#11 Mar 25, 2010
don wrote:
there is a men's Over 60 league in long island (look under LISSA). I could join next year but i am not sure if i want to play 2 doubleheaders every week for 17 weeks (66 games) it is a big commitment and i have not decided if i want that big of a time commitment. i wish there was a way to play FUN games once a week or once in a while for older players (over 50 55 or 60) I think possibly at eisenhower park, but not sure of all the details). hope you find what you want
Don check out www.gnsoftball.com . It has exactly what you're asking for.
HangUpAndDrive

Bethpage, NY

#12 Mar 25, 2010
I'm 52, short, balding and blind in my left eye. I would like to join an Under 30 Women's League. I have my own bat but I'm down to one ball and my cleats are rusty, but boy do I have heart (it was donated). I can still run like a 44-yr old!
Put me in coach, put me in.

P.S. I have a big cooler.

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#13 Mar 25, 2010
HangUpAndDrive wrote:
I'm 52, short, balding and blind in my left eye. I would like to join an Under 30 Women's League. I have my own bat but I'm down to one ball and my cleats are rusty, but boy do I have heart (it was donated). I can still run like a 44-yr old!
Put me in coach, put me in.
P.S. I have a big cooler.
oh crap you scalawag, that's twice in one day, kukdos.
HangUpAndDrive

Bethpage, NY

#14 Mar 25, 2010
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
oh crap you scalawag, that's twice in one day, kukdos.
I did have a good breakfast this afternoon...

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#15 Mar 25, 2010
HangUpAndDrive wrote:
<quoted text>
I did have a good breakfast this afternoon...
ovaltine no doubt.
Mike

Watertown, CT

#17 Jun 12, 2010
I am looking to get on a 50m and over league can someone help me out with getting hooked up?
Copiague, NY

Since: Feb 08

Nassau County

#18 Jun 14, 2010
Mike wrote:
I am looking to get on a 50m and over league can someone help me out with getting hooked up?
Copiague, NY
try this: http://www.popsoftball.com/
Ern ie

Sagaponack, NY

#21 May 4, 2011
LINDA wrote:
YES THEY DO PLAY IN MEDFORD (NEAR LOWES) MORRICHES, BELLPORT, BABYLON, NESCONSET TUESDAY AND THURSDAY MORNINGS FROM 10 TO ABOUT NOON. THIS IS AN 60 AND OVER LEAUGE. BELIEVE OR NOT THEY'RE ARE A COUPLE OF GUYS IN THEIR MID 80'S
Joe

Teaneck, NJ

#22 May 23, 2011
We all want to continue playing over 50, but our bodies need help to manage chronic ailments. This natural supplement has been available for the past eight years and has had tremendous results for chronic ailments (see testimonials). For those of you who want to remain active playing sports, take 5 minutes and visit www.systemsaversupplement.com . Competitors like us are always looking for an edge to win. Hopefully, you find the information informative and helpful. Enjoy the season.
Ernie

Dover Plains, NY

#23 Nov 15, 2011
don wrote:
There a field in DIX HILLS off Wolf Hill Rd where fun games are played every Monday and Wednesday during the summer for older men. It's called Caladonia. I also play on a team in a Brookhaven league if you bare interested (over 60)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little League Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pitching Apr 19 rookiecoach 1
Intermediate drop down all star Apr 18 YYY 2
News Morton Marcus: Trump forces state and local cho... Apr 9 Thisisnuts 1
Batting order for a locked in, continuous order Apr 7 Threepeaks 1
Cheapest equipment online Apr 7 Chris Miller 1
All Stars Age Question (Jun '09) Mar '17 To Pharts 92
Favoritism in Little League (Jun '09) Mar '17 Torn Pharts 72
More from around the web