Pittsfield

Pittsfield

There are 43 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 18, 2008, titled Pittsfield. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

A 19-year-old Pittsfield man, whom friends and family described as a talented high school athlete who had just completed his freshman year in college, was killed in a one-car accident on Merrill Road early ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SAL

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Jun 18, 2008
What's to say-- 19 years old-- many States to not allow driving until age 21-- couldn't, shouldn't Massachusetts change driving until age 21--???
jimbob

Northampton, MA

#2 Jun 18, 2008
21 year old's die all the time in car accidents, SAL.

Raising the age is not the answer.

Awareness and education about the dangers of driving along with responsibility is the only answer.
mike ca 38

Norwich, VT

#3 Jun 18, 2008
So, you are saying that 18 year olds can enter the military, fight , kill people and die but do not deserve the privilege of driving a motor vehicle on the streets of America. All states have a reciprocal agreement, anyone possessing a valid drivers license in one state may drive in any other state and I am not aware of a single state that has a minimum age of 21 to operate a motor vehicle.
SAL

Lincolnton, NC

#4 Jun 18, 2008
jimbob wrote:
21 year old's die all the time in car accidents, SAL.
Raising the age is not the answer.
Awareness and education about the dangers of driving along with responsibility is the only answer.
Well said. Thank you. I still worry about my children, grandchildren and great grandchild. I drive no more than 60 miles an hour. Saves gas also.
SAL

Lincolnton, NC

#5 Jun 18, 2008
mike ca 38 wrote:
So, you are saying that 18 year olds can enter the military, fight , kill people and die but do not deserve the privilege of driving a motor vehicle on the streets of America. All states have a reciprocal agreement, anyone possessing a valid drivers license in one state may drive in any other state and I am not aware of a single state that has a minimum age of 21 to operate a motor vehicle.
Look it up in your Funk & Wagnal.
Anonymous

Adams, MA

#7 Jun 18, 2008
Im pretty sure these are to say nice things. Ben was a great person who made a mistake. people make mistakes so get over it. Benjamin Rest In Peace Only The Good Die Young
Erika

Pittsburg, CA

#8 Jun 18, 2008
I've known Ben since middle school... He was an awesome person. I cannot believe this happened to him... This is a huge loss to us and our community... Great things were always expected of him... whether your 18 or 21 it doesn't matter. 21 is a number not a representation of driving responsibility. We will all miss you Ben. Rest In Peace. and its true Only The Good Die Young.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 Jun 18, 2008
Accidents happen, and it is very sad when someone dies because of it.
It should be a lesson to us all, how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away.
murph

Clifton, NJ

#10 Jun 18, 2008
you were an amazing athlete ben and everyone has to die sooner or later. You just made a mstake but i guess god needed another great angel in heaven. only the good die young. okay well i guess i will c ya when i get up there. Rest In Peace Ben we will miss you

Since: Jun 08

Plumas National Park, CA

#11 Jun 18, 2008
Although I did not know this young man, I can only say RIP Ben.
Kline

Huntington, MA

#12 Jun 18, 2008
Joslyn, you were like a brother to us and we're gonna miss you, I can't wait until I get to see you again. I love you man, rest in peace.
art

United States

#13 Jun 18, 2008
here ya go, driving age genius...

http://golocalnet.com/drivingage/

minimum age in new jersey is 17, every other state in the US it's either 15 or 16.
zach

Albany, NY

#14 Jun 18, 2008
r.i.p. ben
you will be missed greatly
So sorry

AOL

#15 Jun 18, 2008
I know his mother and just want to say how very sorry I am for her loss. RIP Ben.
sorry

Christiansburg, VA

#16 Jun 18, 2008
Ben will be missed terribly. I knew him from afar, but admired his athleticism and character.
Edison

New York, NY

#17 Jun 19, 2008
He probably dozed off. You have to stay awake.
dazed

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#18 Jun 19, 2008
Or he was sending a text message and took his eyes off the road for a split second - I have to young adult children and worry about this all the time. Whatever the reason, the loss is great to all who knew him. God Bless the family and friends of this young man.
Tim

United States

#19 Jun 19, 2008
Swinson wrote:
Accidents happen, and it is very sad when someone dies because of it.
It should be a lesson to us all, how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away.
That is all that needs to be said.
George

Bedford, MA

#20 Jun 19, 2008
Good Kid making a bad decision. I pray to God I never get that call in the middle of the night.
very sad

Huntington, MA

#21 Jun 19, 2008
my condolences to his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little League Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can the player agent coach? (Feb '13) May 22 April 8
Agent May 22 April 1
All star eligibility question (May '09) May 20 Kev 56
Wristbands May 9 311rulzz 1
Can a girl that is league age of eight play on ... (Feb '16) May 3 Acedupx 4
CFZen 2 5/8 May 3 Jmartin6754 1
CFZen 2 5/8 May 2 Jmartin 6754 1
More from around the web