One more time for Belanger

There are 37 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jul 10, 2008, titled One more time for Belanger. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

For Mark Belanger's family, it was an honor to witness the unveiling of his plaque at the Belanger Athletic Complex yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Simba

Latham, NY

#21 Jul 11, 2008
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>It's despicable to point out that a great guy was claimed by cigarettes? And is it despicable to point out drugs claimed Jim Morrison, AIDS claimed Nureyev and alcohol claimed Mickey Mantle. Give me a break. Pretending great people don't have vices is stupid.
Well said
Eric

AOL

#22 Jul 11, 2008
Simba wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said
Thank you.
Vassar Clements

Hartford, CT

#23 Jul 11, 2008
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>It's despicable to point out that a great guy was claimed by cigarettes? And is it despicable to point out drugs claimed Jim Morrison, AIDS claimed Nureyev and alcohol claimed Mickey Mantle. Give me a break. Pretending great people don't have vices is stupid.
Someone suggested that he had a drug problem and that he was homeless-neither of which is true. Pay attention.
i am Sparklings sister

Albany, NY

#24 Jul 11, 2008
i am SPARKLING wrote:
I find it despicable that people choose to focus on the way this man died rather than how he lived ...
There's another thread associated with the subject you're trying to push here.
He was a good man. The Belangers are very good people.
Please have some respect.
If you wouldn't say it to their faces, don't say it here.
Coach Al - it's nice to see Mom up and around. Much love to you and the family.
Well said sis. Al was at the family party I went to in Dalton this past weekend for July 4th. He is a great guy!

“it's good to be back ... ”

Since: Mar 08

the forest

#25 Jul 11, 2008
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>It's despicable to point out that a great guy was claimed by cigarettes? And is it despicable to point out drugs claimed Jim Morrison, AIDS claimed Nureyev and alcohol claimed Mickey Mantle. Give me a break. Pretending great people don't have vices is stupid.
NONE OF US are perfect.
Yet, I don't see any of you discussing your weaknesses on any of these threads.
No one wears a badge of self rightousness with honor.
Would you discuss his 'vices' if his mother were standing in front of you?
I doubt it - because those of you who choose to do so anonymously on this thread are COWARDS.
The article isn't about his vices, it's about his accomplishments.
LIKE I SAID,
There is another active thread dedicated to the subject you speak of.
werlizter

Glens Falls, NY

#26 Jul 17, 2008
i am SPARKLING wrote:
<quoted text>
NONE OF US are perfect.
Yet, I don't see any of you discussing your weaknesses on any of these threads.
No one wears a badge of self rightousness with honor.
Would you discuss his 'vices' if his mother were standing in front of you?
I doubt it - because those of you who choose to do so anonymously on this thread are COWARDS.
The article isn't about his vices, it's about his accomplishments.
LIKE I SAID,
There is another active thread dedicated to the subject you speak of.
A hobo who smokes cigarettes is considered a bum, whether he smokes or no, just because the guy was an athlete, doesn't preclude him of the same addiction.
Vassar Clements

Hartford, CT

#27 Jul 17, 2008
werlizter wrote:
<quoted text>A hobo who smokes cigarettes is considered a bum, whether he smokes or no, just because the guy was an athlete, doesn't preclude him of the same addiction.
He wasn't a hobo. What's the matter with you?
werlizter

Glens Falls, NY

#28 Jul 17, 2008
Vassar Clements wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't a hobo. What's the matter with you?
Nothing is the matter, stupid,I said it doesn't preclude him, dumass.
werlizter

Glens Falls, NY

#29 Jul 17, 2008
Vassar Clements, is a really stupid moniker.
Vassar Clements

Hartford, CT

#30 Jul 17, 2008
werlizter wrote:
Vassar Clements, is a really stupid moniker.
Speaking of stupid, why the comma?
werlizter

Glens Falls, NY

#31 Jul 17, 2008
vassar clements, is a really stupid moniker,idiot.
Vassar Clements

Hartford, CT

#32 Jul 17, 2008
werlizter wrote:
vassar clements, is a really stupid moniker,idiot.
Again, why the comma after "clements"?
Zsa Zsa

Glens Falls, NY

#33 Jul 17, 2008
Vassar Clements wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, why the comma after "clements"?
I fail to see the perifory of your question.
werlizter

Glens Falls, NY

#34 Jul 17, 2008
First, shut up Vassarline, and zsa zsa, its periphery, what ever you said, isn't a freaking word,go back to Hungary.
Vassar Clements

Hartford, CT

#35 Jul 18, 2008
werlizter wrote:
First, shut up Vassarline, and zsa zsa, its periphery, what ever you said, isn't a freaking word,go back to Hungary.
Ok, this time, why no comma before "Vasserline"?
officer

Glens Falls, NY

#36 Jul 18, 2008
Earl Weaver was a notoriuos smoker.I wonder if the (blade) got the habit from his manager,
kenh

Columbus, IN

#37 May 17, 2012
I saw Mark play in high school and the plays he made there were mind boggling to see in person. I knew his brother Al as a high school teacher and coach and he was a first class good guy. Anyone here smearing them is either a malicious gossip for full of Bull. It is easy to take cracks at people you don't know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little League Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Little League Rule question concerning injuries (May '12) 17 hr Mike 5
All star eligibility question (May '09) 23 hr Prime 45
All Stars Age Question (Jun '09) May 23 Rooster 79
Should any coach disipline a player for his/her... May 17 cobra427 1
Pitch for LL or travel ball first? May 13 REDNECK HIPPIE 2
DA overruling official scorekeeper at a distric... May 13 REDNECK HIPPIE 2
Senior division players playing down in Junior ... May 13 Coach Pete 1
More from around the web