York's original Mack's is moving up

York's original Mack's is moving up

There are 41 comments on the InYork story from Nov 11, 2009, titled York's original Mack's is moving up. In it, InYork reports that:

Franklin D. Roosevelt was president the year Walter Bloss' grandparents opened the first Mack's Ice Cream, at 2731 S. Queen St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ZING

Warrenville, IL

#1 Nov 11, 2009
"He said he grew up in the shop, developing an impressive right forearm as a teenager by spending 10-hour days dipping ice cream in the '80s."

Impressive right forearm developed from "dipping ice cream". UH HUH.....ZING!
Tony

Port Huron, MI

#2 Nov 11, 2009
Apparently you've never worked in an ice cream shop. Good luck to Walt. I hate to see the old place go, but if it's time, it's time. Should have sold it to Sheetz.
yorker

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#3 Nov 11, 2009
Way to go! I wish good luck in the future of your business. Thank you forthinkung of your faithful and loyal customers, that have kept you going all this time.
former employee of WY

King Of Prussia, PA

#4 Nov 11, 2009
Mack's shouldnt be expanding, it should be shrinking. Walt doesn't know how to do his job
urbanite

Camp Hill, PA

#5 Nov 11, 2009
good food, good prices, good ice cream. What more could you ask?
Barry O

Port Huron, MI

#6 Nov 11, 2009
former employee of WY wrote:
Mack's shouldnt be expanding, it should be shrinking. Walt doesn't know how to do his job
Macks doesn't have sour grapes on the menu.
Grandchild of Macks

Manheim, PA

#7 Nov 12, 2009
Walter Bloss is NO grandchild to the original Mack family! I am, though. He is no relation to the Mack family whatsoever. Don't believe everything you read!!!
Todd McDaniel

Hummelstown, PA

#8 Nov 12, 2009
just a note... i am actually a grandchild of the original owners of Mack's Ice Cream on Queen Street and I would like to note that Walt Bloss is not a grandchild of the original Mack's owners and therefore they are not his grandparents.
Bill McDaniel

Fort Myers, FL

#9 Nov 12, 2009
I am one of the nine children born to Claud & Minnie McDaniel. My parents started Mack's Ice Cream in 1935. Walter Bloss is not a McDaniel family member as he states. Your paper needs to check their facts on this article.
Danny McDaniel

Myerstown, PA

#10 Nov 12, 2009
I thought he was distantly related I always saw him at the reunions.
Juan Numero Uno

Harrisburg, PA

#11 Nov 12, 2009
I wish Bill Macks would come back to the Borough of Hanover.
WOW

Moorestown, NJ

#12 Nov 12, 2009
I love Jim Mack's Ice Cream in Hellam!!!
West Yorker

Westminster, MD

#13 Nov 12, 2009
We are dissapointed that the Macks in West York closed. That place was ALWAYS busy and every time we went it was packed with people. We are so sorry to hear they closed, guess we'll have to take our business to Beck's which is close by.
Jalisa Reever

Grosse Pointe, MI

#14 Nov 12, 2009
Good Luck, Walt! Mack's ice cream rocks - no matter who is or isn't related to the Macks.
Tony B

Havertown, PA

#15 Nov 12, 2009
Barry O wrote:
<quoted text>
Macks doesn't have sour grapes on the menu.
No. Mack's does not have sour grapes on the menu. People should not put down a man that doesn't even think to give his employees notice that he is closing down his W.Y. location so that they could find another job. I mean, who could blame him for just walking in and telling people to clock out, go home, and sorry, but I'm shutting it down. Nevermind the fact that no one's wages have been reported to the state this entire year. There couldn't possibly be sour grapes on the menu .........
Bobbo

Mount Laurel, NJ

#16 Nov 12, 2009
I believe Walt's ex was a McDaniel. So he married into the family. Big deal. He didn't steal the business from the McDaniel family. They quit and he picked up the ball and made the business more successful.
Juan Numero Uno

Harrisburg, PA

#17 Nov 12, 2009
Bobbo wrote:
I believe Walt's ex was a McDaniel. So he married into the family. Big deal. He didn't steal the business from the McDaniel family. They quit and he picked up the ball and made the business more successful.
Well, you do realize that these people come here and shoot their mouths off without knowing all the facts? Probably they don't know a small portion of the facts.
Danny McDaniel

Myerstown, PA

#18 Nov 12, 2009
Hey Tony B. Have you ever run your own business?? Maybe he was holding on as long as he could. I think the B in your name stands for baby.
Todd McDaniel

Hummelstown, PA

#19 Nov 12, 2009
Bobbo wrote:
i'm pretty sure that is also not the case. i mean... really sure.
Fred McKnight

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Nov 12, 2009
Todd McDaniel wrote:
<quoted text> i'm pretty sure that is also not the case. i mean... really sure.
Well if your that sentimental about it why didnt you take over the family business...slacker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little League Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Travel Question Oct 8 tenreasy 1
New 2018 USA Bats for the upcoming Little Leagu... Sep 29 dodgersfan777 1
CFZen 2 5/8 Sep 29 dodgersfan777 2
Moving to a team outside of boundaries Sep '17 Bbhelp 1
News Bigler's "True Renaissance Man," Ray S. Walker,... Sep '17 Lol 197
News A monster grab goes viral Aug '17 Watching phartzz 4
Mex beats Can , Tex beats CT. storm beats texas... Aug '17 sleeping well 2 n... 2
More from around the web