VIDEO: Fight at Britt David Park emba...

VIDEO: Fight at Britt David Park embarrassing for city of Columbus, says league administrator

There are 33 comments on the Ledger-Enquirer.com story from Jul 7, 2012, titled VIDEO: Fight at Britt David Park embarrassing for city of Columbus, says league administrator. In it, Ledger-Enquirer.com reports that:

A fight that erupted Friday after Northern Little League defeated Harris County at Britt David Park was embarrassing to players and the city of Columbus, league officials said Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger-Enquirer.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#29 Jul 11, 2012
Ga Peach wrote:
I live in Columbus and voluntary moved here. I could not ask for a better community. Ignorance is not just in the Columbus area, it is everywhere. For some of the comments that are out there by people who know nothing about the situation, what makes you such an authority on the subject and Columbus? Do I think that the parents are wrong for what happened? By all means I think that used very gross judgement and even more idiotic behavior by acting out on feelings. Does this mean that every parent and child should be judged as "rednecks"? Of course not. That is not for me or you or anyone else to decide. Hopefully the parties involved will learn from this and move on. Check the web. This kind of crap happens all the time. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and someone got camera happy -- but always remember this -- you never know who is watching you-- whether it is your children or someone watching through the lens of a camera.. Smile.. you never know when you will be on TV.
Excellent points... and as I wrote at the start of this thread, Summertime is here, and tempers flare.

It happens all over the world this time of year, every year.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Columbus, GA

#30 Jul 11, 2012
Ga Peach wrote:
<quoted text>
are you really that ignorant or are you just acting? If acting...BRAVO----- you really do sound like an uneducated moron...
He has an obvious reading comprehension problem as well, since I was actually pointing out that the town of Columbus is a typical American town... and nobody in their right mind judges an entire town on the actions of two hyped-up parents.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
Fabulous Furry Freak Bros

Columbus, GA

#33 Jul 15, 2012
Saw this on the national news. This kinda stuff has happened all over the world, a YouTube.com search will show all kinds of these incidents, its not just Columbus Georgia.
That being said, its really bad when parents do stuff like this cause the bad memory of this will never go away, especially now with video everywhere. It will be as fresh 10 years from now as it is today.
All of it over a meaningless little league baseball game, who's gonna care who won or lost 3-4 years from now? But you will still be able to see this incident on the internet just like it happened today.

Columbus, GA

#35 Jul 15, 2012
The Cause wrote:
Just like the nasty PERVERTED women degrading WOMEN DEGRADING song TRUCK STOP WOMAN degrades women. Describes a woman used as a SEX RECEPTICLE. What kind of depraved minds write such a song? Answer: A REPROBATE MIND. People see this song and think that is how women are viewed and USED HERE in our area.
Calm your hysteria.

"Truck Stop Woman" is simply a retro country & western song in the old school style of Buck Owens, Johnny Cash and their ilk.

--
Truck Stop Woman / Will Dockery & Henry Conley:
http://youtu.be/Hv6u6GNe6Kk

Columbus, GA

#36 Jul 15, 2012
Fabulous Furry Freak Bros wrote:
Saw this on the national news. This kinda stuff has happened all over the world, a YouTube.com search will show all kinds of these incidents, its not just Columbus Georgia.
That being said, its really bad when parents do stuff like this cause the bad memory of this will never go away, especially now with video everywhere. It will be as fresh 10 years from now as it is today.
All of it over a meaningless little league baseball game, who's gonna care who won or lost 3-4 years from now? But you will still be able to see this incident on the internet just like it happened today.
Exactly.

Simply put, the games are intense, the Summer heat is intense, and tempers as well as excitement over the game flares.

--
Druid Hills Commando

Columbus, GA

#38 Jul 16, 2012
Fabulous Furry Freak Bros wrote:
This is probably the best statement made on this topic, since you seem to post intelligently you most likely won't stay on this board too long.
Druid Hills Commando

Columbus, GA

#40 Jul 16, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Or like you he can just keep coming back hiding behind different fake names... heh.
That is a lie about me. You don't know anything about me or where and how I post on Topix.
I was talking to another poster about something that has nothing to do with you and yet you attack me.
I will say this on more time, leave me alone Will Dockery. I told you before I have nothing more to say to you. Quit posting lies about me.
Druid Hills Commando

Columbus, GA

#42 Jul 16, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you'd admit to it, Commando?
Come on, man, I'm not as stupid as you and your anonymous ilk want to try to portray me as.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
I don't try and portray you as anything. You do a great job showing who you are and what you do.
I don't like you but I am not any of these other fools on here either.
See you took this topic and made it all about you.
I don't like talking with you on here and I don't want to for that reason so quit attacking me.
If you keep harassing me I am going to start reporting you to the moderators.

Columbus, GA

#44 Jul 16, 2012
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
<quoted text>
If you keep harassing me I am going to start reporting you to the moderators.
Again,*responding* to you can in no way be seen as *harrassment* on a public forum. You would have been the first to tell me that a week ago... you were even busy defending the forger who was committing identity theft against me!

That's hilarious.

I'd prefer we call a truce, because I don't like the negative jibes being tossed at me any more than you do, but if you dish them out at me I reckon you should expect to recieve some in kind, Commando.

Anyway, again, apologies for hurting your feelings, and have a nice day.

--
Druid Hills Commando

Columbus, GA

#45 Jul 16, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Again,*responding* to you can in no way be seen as *harrassment* on a public forum. You would have been the first to tell me that a week ago... you were even busy defending the forger who was committing identity theft against me!
That's hilarious.
I'd prefer we call a truce, because I don't like the negative jibes being tossed at me any more than you do, but if you dish them out at me I reckon you should expect to recieve some in kind, Commando.
Anyway, again, apologies for hurting your feelings, and have a nice day.
--
Druid Hills Commando is not my real name, I do not use my real name for privacy reasons and it is most certainly a requirement of Topix. You can think I am anyone you wish, I have no desire to prove or disprove anything to you.
I post as Druid Hill Commando on Columbus Topix but as another name in Atlanta.

For you to think you are in any way significant to me that you could hurt my feelings is laughable.
I don't like you and think you are detrimental to productive discussions on Topix.
Now say your piece and leave me alone.

Columbus, GA

#46 Jul 16, 2012
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
<quoted text>
Druid Hills Commando is not my real name,
I post as Druid Hill Commando on Columbus Topix but as another name in Atlanta.
Which was exactly my point when I wrote:
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Or like you he can just keep coming back hiding behind different fake names... heh.
Okay, glad we settled that, finally.

--
alldayonhere

West Union, OH

#47 Jul 17, 2012
look at the main forum link,

notice the name you continuously see on the right column.

that says all anyone needs to know about this site.

never has to work for a living, family money / trustfund kid (now of older age),
all the time in the world 24hrs a day to sit on this site of all plaes and play godmode.

superiority complex.

grotesquely narcissist.

the list goes on.

sad some people ruin what was intended as a "community" forum.

Columbus, GA

#49 Jul 17, 2012
Truck Stop Violence wrote:
How many of those involved in the fighting were afected by the female sex abuse song Truck Stop Womam. Is that the song that lead to the violence? That song glorifies using women as sex abuse receptiles for prostitution. A nasty song. That song is sick.
Not at all.

"Truck Stop Woman" is just an old fashioned Country-Western song about a trucker and his wayward girl.

Anyone can dig that by having a listen via the link below.

--

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little League Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to a team outside of boundaries Sep 10 Bbhelp 1
News Bigler's "True Renaissance Man," Ray S. Walker,... Sep 4 Lol 197
News A monster grab goes viral Aug 31 Watching phartzz 4
Mex beats Can , Tex beats CT. storm beats texas... Aug 25 sleeping well 2 n... 2
Favoritism in Little League (Jun '09) Aug 22 tunaboy646 73
All Stars Age Question (Jun '09) Jul '17 Mar 94
Is this manager out of line? Jun '17 Rick B 1
More from around the web