VIDEO: Fight at Britt David Park emba...

VIDEO: Fight at Britt David Park embarrassing for city of Columbus, says league administrator

There are 33 comments on the Ledger-Enquirer.com story from Jul 7, 2012, titled VIDEO: Fight at Britt David Park embarrassing for city of Columbus, says league administrator. In it, Ledger-Enquirer.com reports that:

A fight that erupted Friday after Northern Little League defeated Harris County at Britt David Park was embarrassing to players and the city of Columbus, league officials said Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger-Enquirer.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pioneer Mom

Columbus, GA

#2 Jul 8, 2012
Great job parents, its just baseball. Get a grip on reality and grow up.
baseball parent

United States

#3 Jul 8, 2012
Under most organizations, like USSSA, players and parents alike can be suspended and legally prohibited from attending ANY little events from one to five years.
Leon 45 Jones

Ann Arbor, MI

#4 Jul 9, 2012
I just watched this video and I find it very disturbing that these men started a fight just because one was a homosexual.

To quote a famous black patriot "why cant we all just get along"? Rodney King, Millionaire. Word
John Ellis

Columbus, GA

#5 Jul 9, 2012
Ugly scene there, all over playing music after the one team won. Shame

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#6 Jul 9, 2012
Pioneer Mom wrote:
Great job parents, its just baseball. Get a grip on reality and grow up.
A long hot Summer and tempers flare...
iramkingisaviole ntahol

Winchester, KY

#7 Jul 9, 2012
why is every article on this and every comment after every article

blaming BOTH men?

CUT AND DRY, ASSAULT, THEN BATTERY.

iram king is an AHOL,

the other man has every moral, spiritual, and LEGAL right to defend himself.

this isn't even remotely arguable based on the data given, it's cut and dry:

1.) ahol iram king went over to the victim's location

2.) ahol iram king verbally told the victim he was going to commit serious violence against him,
"I'm here to f*** you up,"

they shouldn't have even arrested the other guy.

pay attention to how this plays out in court, because if your court doesn't exonerate the victim, then nobody in your area is safe! your system is screwed.

sadly, too much of the country has gone this way.

good people need to start standing up for victims of violence! morally, vocally, legally, and physically. i completely and totally believe GOD calls us to, are you doing this? i urge you to.

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#8 Jul 9, 2012
but words were exchanged about the players

Feelings got hurt,...
Get rid of pitbulls

Rochester, NY

#9 Jul 9, 2012
http://www.aol.com/video/father-brawl-at-litt... |main5|dl18|sec1_lnk1%26pLid%3 D176859

2 fat Bubbas brawlin at the park
iram king is a violent ah

Richmond, KY

#10 Jul 9, 2012
Get rid of pitbulls wrote:
http://www.aol.com/video/fathe r-brawl-at-little-league-game/ 517413679/?icid=maing-grid7|ma in5|dl18|sec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D17 6859
2 fat Bubbas brawlin at the park
nope,

1 fat ahol:
- coming up on another person which = assault

- verbally threatening physical violence which = terroristic threatening and assault

- at this point it doesn't matter who even swung first because once someone assaults you and especially if they say they are going to harm you - you have every right legally and spiritually to defend yourself,
so i don't even know who punched first because the vid doesn't show that early in the problem, and it's MOOT anyway.

iram king - REPENT, GOD SAW WHAT YOU DID.

to his family and friend - HELP HIM REPENT, DON'T SUPPORT ACTS OF SIN, ASK YOUR LOVED ONE TO REPENT OF SIN. YOUR ACTIONS ARE YOUR CHOICE AND HIS ARE HIS CHOICE, WHAT WILL YOU CHOOSE? GOD OR satan?
Get rid of pitbulls

Rochester, NY

#11 Jul 9, 2012
I think one of the dads was upset he didnt get a participation ribbon, you know, cuz we're all winners.
iramkingisaviole ntahol

West Union, OH

#12 Jul 9, 2012
if Obama had a fat pink violent piece of sh__ for a friend, he would look like iram.
Ga Native

Young Harris, GA

#13 Jul 10, 2012
The entire country is looking at your town, and rightfully so - with disgust!
standuptoviolenc e

West Union, OH

#14 Jul 10, 2012
Ga Native wrote:
why?

why the town?

why 2 men?

ONLY ONE man did something DISGUSTING,

and then all who blast BOTH men are also DISGUSTING.

every human has a spiritual and legal right to defend themself from a violent attack from an ahole like iram king.

blaming both me is disgusting,

blaming a town is disgusting,

foreigners blaming "violent america" are disgusting.

you will never solve anything ever, if you don't look at the problem with truth and accuracy.

do you think Able in the Bible is disgusting too? for being a victim of a violent attack?

do you think Elizabeth Smarth is disgusting? for being the victim of a violent attack?

get your sh__ right.
Ga Native

Young Harris, GA

#15 Jul 10, 2012
standuptoviolence wrote:
<quoted text>
why?
why the town?
why 2 men?
ONLY ONE man did something DISGUSTING,
and then all who blast BOTH men are also DISGUSTING.
every human has a spiritual and legal right to defend themself from a violent attack from an ahole like iram king.
blaming both me is disgusting,
blaming a town is disgusting,
foreigners blaming "violent america" are disgusting.
you will never solve anything ever, if you don't look at the problem with truth and accuracy.
do you think Able in the Bible is disgusting too? for being a victim of a violent attack?
do you think Elizabeth Smarth is disgusting? for being the victim of a violent attack?
get your sh__ right.
Red-necks and the impressionable, especially Jesus freaks, thrive on video clips and sound bites for all their "news" which is "...little news, mostly impression and opinion." Live with it!

Maybe some good can come of it - they could shoot a sequel to "Deliverance" based on people in your county. In the big fight scene at the end, they'd all be drunk, pull out their guns and start blasting away, to set an example for their kids to follow and as the closing credits roll, there could be what are called "snap cuts" of dead and dying children and parents. The genre, naturally, would be classified as "horror" and the film rated PG 14. ;o)

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#16 Jul 10, 2012
Ga Native wrote:
More likely not just the town, but the entire Deep South, which is nothing new.

Ever hear of the Civil War..?

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Leon 45 Jones

Ann Arbor, MI

#18 Jul 10, 2012
This town needs to BAN all little league games. We cannot afford to continue to teach our young people (by example and through the media) poor values and morals.

This fight would not have happened if this was not a heavily sponsored community challenged game splitting the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. Word
willdocksuckcock

Winchester, KY

#23 Jul 10, 2012
Will Suck Cockery wrote:
<quoted text>
More likely not just the town, but the entire Deep South, which is nothing new.
Ever hear of the Civil War..?
--
Music & poetry from Will Suck Cockery & FagFriends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willsuckcockery
why do you live here if you hate everyone here so much and are so bigoted and prejudiced against them?

i've never understood that about anyone on the planet in any country or area, exact same with muslims who hate western culture yet migrate here, why?

i wouldn't live in a place where i hated all the people around me, it's a big country with 50 states and a lot of other kinds of people and subcultures to choose from.

you must be one miserable person inside, and will remain so.

cksker.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#24 Jul 10, 2012
willdocksuckcock wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you live here if you hate everyone here so much and are so bigoted and prejudiced against them?
i've never understood that about anyone on the planet in any country or area, exact same with muslims who hate western culture yet migrate here, why?
i wouldn't live in a place where i hated all the people around me, it's a big country with 50 states and a lot of other kinds of people and subcultures to choose from.
cksker.
You're completely confused, you know that?

My statement was in response to this post, and my statement opposed the idea that was voiced in that post.

Read slowly, now... here's what I was responding to, and was opposed to:
Ga Native wrote:
Get it, or are you *still* confused?

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Ga Peach

Smiths Station, AL

#27 Jul 11, 2012
I live in Columbus and voluntary moved here. I could not ask for a better community. Ignorance is not just in the Columbus area, it is everywhere. For some of the comments that are out there by people who know nothing about the situation, what makes you such an authority on the subject and Columbus? Do I think that the parents are wrong for what happened? By all means I think that used very gross judgement and even more idiotic behavior by acting out on feelings. Does this mean that every parent and child should be judged as "rednecks"? Of course not. That is not for me or you or anyone else to decide. Hopefully the parties involved will learn from this and move on. Check the web. This kind of crap happens all the time. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and someone got camera happy -- but always remember this -- you never know who is watching you-- whether it is your children or someone watching through the lens of a camera.. Smile.. you never know when you will be on TV.
Ga Peach

Smiths Station, AL

#28 Jul 11, 2012
willdocksuckcock wrote:
<quoted text>
cksker.
are you really that ignorant or are you just acting? If acting...BRAVO----- you really do sound like an uneducated moron...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little League Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. automatic bye to the World Series final... Aug 23 therods2 1
Little League Baseball World Series Aug 8 Moms50 1
Grandma's discussion on little league baseball Aug 6 Grams61 1
Bases Loaded Jul '16 ct-dad 2
Slash Bunting Jul '16 George1126 1
Player Ejected from the Team Jul '16 toolmaker 1
All star eligibility question (May '09) Jul '16 Wondering 52
More from around the web