Where is Rose Marie Bly? The young St. Croix Falls, Wis., mothe...

There are 37 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 17, 2009, titled Where is Rose Marie Bly? The young St. Croix Falls, Wis., mothe.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

One night in August, Rose Marie Bly disappeared. Her mother said the St. Croix Falls, Wis., woman, who disappeared less than a month before her 22nd birthday, is a loving mother who would never leave her two young children, and police say no one they have talked to has said otherwise.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
T Monnier

Willard, WI

#1 Oct 18, 2009
I know that Granstburg was always a good stop for "Truckers" before they went over the Mn. bridge. I was just wondering if anyone check into that area? If she did have a head injury that's she isn't aware of, she could of got mixed up and got into a Truck, thinking she is going somewhere, or didn't care where she is going to. Maybe all weigh stations should of been notified and cameras check back, there is only a few of them on that area. Alot of this story doesn't make and sense, they just got married, then files for "D" and back together again, have a baby. Maybe she was just "Pushed over the wall and needs to be alone for some time" with all that seems to have happened to her life, with the ups and downs at such a young age, almost still a teen, and NEEDED to get away. My family prayers is in all of yours, and also in "ALL the POLICE Dept's too"!! T. Monnier

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#3 Oct 18, 2009
This is truly a sad case. I hope the image of Rose is burned into our collective memory, and she isn't forgotten about so quickly. I do not believe that she chose to leave her family, her friends, and especially her children behind.
MissippiHippy

Bemidji, MN

#4 Oct 19, 2009
"...missing for the past two months, outside her home in Grantsburg, Wis. on Thursday October 22, 2009."

How can this be. Today is only the 19th.
jpalod

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 19, 2009
They need to look closer at the husband.
He doesn't seem to care where is wife is.
The mother of his children.
He files for divorce in September? For a second
time? while his wife is still missing??
doesn't sound right.
Huh

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Oct 19, 2009
jpalod wrote:
They need to look closer at the husband.
He doesn't seem to care where is wife is.
The mother of his children.
He files for divorce in September? For a second
time? while his wife is still missing??
doesn't sound right.
Yea, I don't buy it either... so what if he "passed" a lie detector, some people are able to, especially those with no soul...
Plymn

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Oct 19, 2009
On what grounds are you supecting the husband? How do you know it is easy to pass a lie detector test? No soul? Ever hear of innocent until proven guilty?
Huh

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Oct 19, 2009
Plymn wrote:
On what grounds are you supecting the husband? How do you know it is easy to pass a lie detector test? No soul? Ever hear of innocent until proven guilty?
Of course I've heard of it! Did you even read the story?? call it womens intuition. You'll see.
jpalod

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Oct 19, 2009
Plymn wrote:
On statistics and common sense! Why isn't he looking for her?
He files for divorce while she is missing.
I have heard of innocent until proven guilty.
The husband is acting like the one who has no soul.
Which to me makes him look guilty.
puddinpop

Dresser, WI

#10 Oct 20, 2009
From the news articles that I have read and with my own intropection regarding time frames, comments made by the husband with the inconsistencies thereof and so many issues involving just plain common sense; I strongly believe that her husband has something to hide. He seems to be calling the shots (he said this and he said that) and the detectives are believing everything that he says or at least it seems that way. Law enforcement really should have made him a suspect from the get-go and pressed him further. If the county is unwilling to look further at the husband (checking out the inconsistencies of his statements and the time frames allowing an open field for him to do whatever he felt necessary to save his butt) then perhaps someone should contact a senator, congressman and adamantly attempt to persuade for FBI involvement. If the county cannot find more evidence of answers than they already have because they either have given up, don't want to spent anymore money on this woman who doesn't seem to matter to anyone but her family and a few nameless friends, then perhaps it is time for someone to speak up on her behalf and put pressure on those that have it within their power to do a whole lot more than has been done. Of course now some time has passed and the trail is getting colder by the day. This is a case that should not be just shoved aside for a rainy day. Now is the time to really get moving before it becomes a truly "cold case". Rose deserves better as do her children and all the rest out there that are concerned and in the pergatory of "not knowing" that must be keeping them awake at night.
Someone who knows

Luck, WI

#11 Oct 20, 2009
puddinpop wrote:
"and the detectives are believing everything that he says or at least it seems that wayLaw enforcement really should have made him a suspect from the get-go and pressed him further. If the county is unwilling to look further at the husband (checking out the inconsistencies of his statements and the time frames allowing an open field for him to do whatever he felt necessary to save his butt) then perhaps someone should contact a senator, congressman and adamantly attempt to persuade for FBI involvement. If the county cannot find more evidence of answers than they already have because they either have given up, don't want to spent anymore money on this woman who doesn't seem to matter to anyone but her family and a few nameless friends, then perhaps it is time for someone to speak up on her behalf and put pressure on those that have it within their power to do a whole lot more than has been done. Of course now some time has passed and the trail is getting colder by the day. This is a case that should not be just shoved aside for a rainy day. Now is the time to really get moving before it becomes a truly "cold case". Rose deserves better as do her children and all the rest out there that are concerned and in the pergatory of "not knowing" that must be keeping them awake at night.
This is all just too much to believe..... You make HUGE assumptions about first of all what happened, what has and hasn't been done, about what the investigating agency believes or disbelieves, and about who should be convicted of the crime. I'm sure you've put hundreds if not thousands of man hours into investigating this on your own, so I'm sure you'd know better than the people who do this for a living.
Take your medication, it really does help with staying connected with reality.
puddinpop

Grantsburg, WI

#12 Oct 20, 2009
Well, I guess I did deserve such a comeupance from "someone who knows". In my prior comment I have been assuming way too much. I have stated things that most likely have a logical explanation which the autorities have yet to discover and most likely this will all be resolved one way or another. I know I shouldn't let the mire of emotion be of any guidance; as we all know emotion is completely illogical and has no revelance to fact. I realize this. What you don't realize is I am closer to this case than you think. I DO believe there have been inconsistencies in statements and I DO believe that Mr. Larson should be more accountable regarding the things that he has given as fact. There ARE "common sense" reasons that beg to be illuminated. I am not alone in my thinking. This IS a fact whether grounded in any kind of reality or not. Why is it that the missing person flyers are being torn down and by whom? The problem is this is still a live and active missing person's case, but if this is not dealt with more aggressively or at least more assertively, it will soon be a cold case. Rose and her children, family deserve better. I am NO expert on what the detectives have done and are doing I will admit. I am VERY saddened by the whole thing. I am sad for her mother who is bravely keeping hope alive, I am praying for the detectives to get a reliable clue, I am praying that Rose is truly "just missing" and unharmed. But I will not apologize for a certain gut feeling, a certain thought with its evolvement from something called common sense that Mr. Larson does have some explaining to do in light of his all too observable reactions regarding his wife's disappearance. Also, there are certain statistics that one should be aware of regarding domestic issues that have gone very bad for many women in this country. This is not an unusual scenario and should be taken into account. I will persevere with my so-called assumptions until proven otherwise and then I will be more than happy to eat crow.

I am sorry you think I need medication. Perhaps you need a course in anger management.
KAB4U

Chicago, IL

#13 Oct 22, 2009
i have known the husband for 8 almost 9 yrs. he is a sweetheart and he had always been there through thick and thin he filed for devorce because she was beating him. she took care of kids during the day and partied at night the whole time they were together he had been working 10 hr days comeing home cooking and cleaning and taken care of there kids and holding on to what he could with his marriage y is it always the husbands fault DONT BLAME SOMEONE IF U DONT KNOW THEM!!!!!!! he cried for days and was always saying he wanted to seach for her but he had a DUITY as a FATHER to take care of his babies!!!!!!!
I do not know but_

Maple Grove, MN

#14 Oct 23, 2009
I have to agree that not everything matches up right. I also know that newspapers don't always print everything so there is bound to be much information missing as far as drawing conclusions. Is it possible she told him she's meeting her cousin and then goes to meet someone she met on the internet? Happens a lot. Whatever the case, I hope everyone that this is effecting comes out okay...especially the kids.
Pray4Rose

Milford, MI

#15 Oct 26, 2009
KAB4U wrote:
i have known the husband for 8 almost 9 yrs. he is a sweetheart and he had always been there through thick and thin he filed for devorce because she was beating him. she took care of kids during the day and partied at night the whole time they were together he had been working 10 hr days comeing home cooking and cleaning and taken care of there kids and holding on to what he could with his marriage y is it always the husbands fault DONT BLAME SOMEONE IF U DONT KNOW THEM!!!!!!! he cried for days and was always saying he wanted to seach for her but he had a DUITY as a FATHER to take care of his babies!!!!!!!
If he was such the loving husband, why has he stopped looking for her? Saying he WANTED to look, and actually going out there to look is totally different. ALL marriages, especially in the beginning have issues, and PUBLIC court records show he has a past with domestic violence, not just with Rose. Why file for divorce so soon after her disappearance? You said he "cried for days"..... she is the mother of his children, his wife of 6 months, he should STILL be crying for her, as is everyone else who knows her! Im not saying he done something with her, and i am not saying he hasnt. But his actions since her disappearance doesnt make sence to anyone but him.
KAB4U

Chicago, IL

#16 Oct 28, 2009
He has to care for those babies he has to work he still morns but some people have to get over themselves and just move on he hopes she comes back and he filed the devorice because he doesn't want her to b able to come back and take the kids because she is known to do that and not let him see them she has filed for a restraining order and all kinds of other thing on him. She was not that faithfull from what I have herd from A LOT of people but that is hear say so I don't know for sure I hope she comes hope and they work it out but I just don't like people bashing on my best friend for yrs he has never done anything to hurt anyone he only protects himself I don't understand how peoplle can jump to conclustion and automattically says its the husbands fault. I guess think of it this way if u have two babies. Both really young what would u rather have ur husband do take care of ur kids and look when he can for u well working 10 hr days and morn when he has time he needs to b strong for the babies TOO!!!!!!!!
jpalod

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Oct 28, 2009
KAB4U wrote:
He has to care for those babies he has to work he still morns but some people have to get over themselves and just move on he hopes she comes back and he filed the devorice because he doesn't want her to b able to come back and take the kids because she is known to do that and not let him see them she has filed for a restraining order and all kinds of other thing on him. She was not that faithfull from what I have herd from A LOT of people but that is hear say so I don't know for sure I hope she comes hope and they work it out but I just don't like people bashing on my best friend for yrs he has never done anything to hurt anyone he only protects himself I don't understand how peoplle can jump to conclustion and automattically says its the husbands fault. I guess think of it this way if u have two babies. Both really young what would u rather have ur husband do take care of ur kids and look when he can for u well working 10 hr days and morn when he has time he needs to b strong for the babies TOO!!!!!!!!
You have inside information? You don't seem to be reliable source.
You can't even spell!!!!!
Pray4Rose

Milford, MI

#18 Oct 28, 2009
KAB4U wrote:
I'm not bashing anyone,(or trying to) just stating FACTS. He has a LONG criminal history on the PUBLIC court records, Files for divorce a month after his wife disappears. If i were Rose, i wouldnt want my husband to EVER give up on looking for me. Get a babysitter, have family babysit kids while he search, take a day off work, put the babies in the car and GO OUT AND LOOK!! Why did she have a restaining order? Why has he had other restraining orders against him?(Again, Public court records) I understand you trying to protect your friend, i would too, but there are two sides to every story. Look at ALL the facts. Your "friend" gets to wake up every morning and see his babies..... ROSE cant. He shouldnt be worried about her coming back to "take" the kids. He should be worried if his wife is alive or not, if she is somewhere and needs help.
bkjoe

United States

#19 Nov 1, 2009
Well first, I have to say I hope all of you are praying for rose, the kids, and the father. I have been around cops and in the "system" as a kid due to family and what not. I sat that there are retaining orders against him well did u check to make sure it is this chris larson? it is a common last name. I have also seen how easily someone can get a restraining order if that want to. they tend to press charges if they are based truth, if they are not too. Now with those thoughts in mind, all the stuff I've read online about the case said little about the frame of mind of those involved. if I do know that though a traumatic event effects people in vastly different ways! there is a lot more I could say, but lets leave it at this. there is an investigation being conducted by people we hope are professional, if not that is a new can of worms, that look at facts so what is left spread the word about her and let them work.
jpalod

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Nov 29, 2009
Cushing man wrote:
<quoted text>
You are SO FULL OF CRAP, every one that LIVES up here know what a mean violent abusive jerk Chris Larson is. he was very abusive to her & his dad in PUBLIC.
Abusive people do better with a polygraph, as they have no remorse. That is why serial killers pass them. Besides I was told there was no CONCLUSIVE evidence he was lying when he took the polygraph, NOT that he passed. That is why they asked him to take the test over, the results were inconclusive.
The first time I saw Chris Larson, he was screaming at his Dad (A nice guy, known as Cowboy) & his wife (Rose, who looked scared). He is well known around here as a mean spirited, heartless hot head. The WI. State Police need to get involved. I’ve heard (I heard this earlier this summer) that she left him because he was abusive, & he filed for divorce to get one up on the “legal” game.
The talk at ever "watering Hole" & "food joint" from any one that has met them or knows them is that he is behind it.
They will have to try him out of this area, because no one from St. Croix Falls to Grantsburg to Fredrick to Balsam Lake thinks he is innocent.
Polk County Sheriff Department is over it head on this, they are not properly trained or equipped for this type case.
Sorry I believe Chris Larson murdered Rose !
I agree with you.
I do not know either one, Chirs or Rose.
But, she is most likely dead.
He is the one who killed her.
If not, then why not look for your wife?
hawk

United States

#22 Jan 11, 2010
I also think her husband did it I mean if my wife went missing I would be looking for her everyday and be outing her picture all ovee the news doing everything in my power to find her. plus he filed for a divorice in case she came back and took the kids come on he smells like a guilty man polk county sheriffs department need to really look at him and question him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horse Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HSUS boss labels alternative walking-horse bill... May 18 stewart scott 2
Kentucky Derby 2015 Apr '15 Shafi 1
News Los Angeles-area city celebrates stadium deal, ... Feb '15 Roger Badell 1
News NFL formalizes panel to assess Los Angeles stad... Feb '15 McPetersen 1
News Conquest Two Step Finishes Fast in Palos Verdes Feb '15 Mohawk 1
That new horse partnership for $500 Jan '15 touchdown 1
the orc Jan '15 u know who it is 1
More from around the web