New England Patriots Rumors: Mike Gle...

New England Patriots Rumors: Mike Glennon Trade Brewing?

There are 13 comments on the Rant Sports story from May 1, 2014, titled New England Patriots Rumors: Mike Glennon Trade Brewing?. In it, Rant Sports reports that:

In what was an underrated rookie season, Mike Glennon led an injury-riddled, Greg Schiano -led Tampa Bay Buccaneers team to a 4-12 finish.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rant Sports.

Insight

Cypress, CA

#1 May 1, 2014
On today's NFL Insiders, Teddy Bridgewater, who was throwing ducks at his pro day, asked where would be his best fit in the NFL. Bill Polian formerly Peyton's.GM said that......." St.Louis would be his best bet BECAUSE playing INDOORS would help him out GREATLY". For those of you Indy/Peyton lovers who have failed to accept that playing indoors inflateds a QB's stats, there it is, and by Peyton's own GM. Now you know why over 87% of the NFL front offices when asked last year, chose Brady over Peyton as their top choice for QB.
It's not that Peyton is a bad QB, it's just that the media builds him up way past his actual ability while deflating Brady to create a rivalry. No doubt it will get sorted out in "legacy land" after retirement, but it would be nice if the media could get it right while they are still playing. Media will do ANYTHING to create rivalries because it sells, even when it's not true.
Domefarts

Houston, TX

#2 May 2, 2014
"Bill Polian formerly Peyton's.GM said that......." St.Louis would be his best bet BECAUSE playing INDOORS would help him out GREATLY". For those of you Indy/Peyton lovers who have failed to accept...

...that playing indoors inflateds a QB's stats,..."

I guess if playing in "domes" inflates stats then Brees sucks as well.

You make no sense other than you have a man crush on Manning.
Nut Polian

Houston, TX

#3 May 2, 2014
I too like to use quotes from Polian who was fired by owner Jim Irsay after the Colts finished with a 214 record in the 2011 season. I bet he says the same shit about Andrew Luck as well.
Outdoorsy Guy

Miami, FL

#4 May 2, 2014
""Bill Polian formerly Peyton's.GM said that......." St.Louis would be his best bet BECAUSE playing INDOORS would help him out GREATLY".

....never mind all those pesky outdoor road games
Insight

Cypress, CA

#5 May 3, 2014
Outdoorsy Guy wrote:
""Bill Polian formerly Peyton's.GM said that......." St.Louis would be his best bet BECAUSE playing INDOORS would help him out GREATLY".
....never mind all those pesky outdoor road games
8 home games multiplied by 13 years gives Peyton an advantage in 104 games. That is more games than some Hall of Fame QBs have played. It is also one hell of a head start on cumulative numbers for record book purposes. Then you add in the other indoor games he played at some few other team locations. Then again add in his games at altitude that benefit his stats. When you are done that gives you a little over 160 games played with an advantage above the mean. From a uneducated fan standpoint he looks godlike but from an analytical statisticians viewpoint Peyton is actually below where he should be given his advantages. You don't have to like it, you don't even have to accept it. You should however at least know about it.
Insight

Cypress, CA

#6 May 3, 2014
Nut Polian wrote:
I too like to use quotes from Polian who was fired by owner Jim Irsay after the Colts finished with a 214 record in the 2011 season. I bet he says the same shit about Andrew Luck as well.
You seem to be in a minority when it comes to believing that playing indoors doesn't inflate a QBs stats. No one denies that within a dome, there is a lack of wind to affect passes and move them off line. Without having to fight the wind, every QB has a much greater chance of pinpointing his passes, increase his completion rate, which increases his total passing yards and indirectly increases points and TDs scored. And yes that means guys like Luck and Brees also have this same benefit. Manning's greatness has been based on his cumulative numbers (it certainly isn't based on his choking in the postseason). Based on their age differences, Brees is on track to break most if not all of Peyton's cumulative records less than four years after Peyton retires. Then what will you say about Peyton? Or will you actually believe Brees is then the best ever and Peyton is the second best ever to play, simply because you can't identify the parameters which actually make a QB great? And based solely on stats, do you now actually think Favre is the best ever since he currently holds all the cumulative records?
Or maybe you just buy into whatever the flavor of the day is provided you by the media, to create rivalries.Today's media flavor is Peyton. One more SB debacle (losing by 35 points against Seattle, while self destructing with fumbles, INTs, pick six and his unawareness that resulted in a safety) will only further prove the media hyped Peyton well beyond his actual performance. It only goes to show you that had you paid attention, you might have known that Peyton had the second easiest schedule which allows his team to run up big numbers but they also lost to 3 of the 4 teams they played in the AFC with winning records. If you can't beat teams with winning records, then it doesn't really matter how many points you run up on the worst teams in the league. Cumulative numbers are a fools game. It's one Peyton and his fans have yet to realize.
Bob Kraft

Houston, TX

#7 May 5, 2014
Your flavor of the day is big Manning crush. Everyday. All you ever lead off a topic about is Manning this, Manning that.
Insight

Cypress, CA

#8 May 9, 2014
Bob Kraft wrote:
Your flavor of the day is big Manning crush. Everyday. All you ever lead off a topic about is Manning this, Manning that.
Your analytical abilities are lacking. I focus on what the media twists. They have an incestuous relationship with Peyton so that's what I make comments on. Even the league "gave" Peyton a passing yard record he didn't earn on the field. That says a lot about favoritism. The fact that lemming-like fans go along with them only means that not enough has been written to offset this favoritism.
Not only is Brees on track to top Peyton's records but Andrew Luck is too, but too early to tell for Andrew. Brady has played 49 fewer games than Peyton so the difference is mostly that 49 games played difference. However Brady will need to play 54 more games to pass him cumulatively. Stat-wise they are very close. It's just between the ears where they really differ. Peyton stokes out in big games even with the best offense. Brady gets more out of less, at least that's the word within the NFL confines.
When it comes to winning, 15 QBs have more SB wins than Peyton. Another handful have more NFL Championships than Peyton, keeping Peyton in the top 25. Of interest, one of the analysts on draft day and then again another one today said that the only QB that even comes close to Montana in the last 20 years is Brady. Seems Peyton didn't make the grade.
As for emotional outbursts and name calling because you can't come up with facts to back your boy Peyton, saying that I have a man crush on any of these guys says more about your psychology than anything else. I just go where the facts lead me. Peyton is high on sizzle but falters even when having far superior players around him. Just check out last season where he broke records and then forgot to show up for the biggest game of the year, which is his trend.
His two fumbles, two interceptions, one a pick six and lack of attention leading to a safety was the worst performance by any QB in a Championship game. This game encapsulized his career. Great against non-playoff teams to the tune of setting records, but when it comes to playing teams with winning records he struggles and saying it this way is being kind.
Mallet

Houston, TX

#9 May 12, 2014
Your boner for Manning is exposed on these forums.
Insight

Cypress, CA

#10 May 13, 2014
Mallet wrote:
Your boner for Manning is exposed on these forums.
Against maybe, "for" as you state it, makes you nothing better than an all too common liar.:)
Mallet

Houston, TX

#11 May 14, 2014
Your boner "denial" for manning is exposed on these forums.
Insight

Cypress, CA

#12 May 16, 2014
Mallet wrote:
Your boner "denial" for manning is exposed on these forums.
Can't rile me but you should know that adding to your stable of untruths (lies) only destroys any future ability to identify and tell the truth. When you lie and troll as you do, it becomes a part of your inner character and we can only hope you are not passed the point of no return. Talk football, I just bet you can do it. Won't you give it a try?
Flatulence Fred

Houston, TX

#13 Jul 31, 2014
Flatulism

"Hi dinkydee, Yes i count myself as lucky but not that lucky, reason can control is because i have sub acute obstruction and most days nothing gets through to my j pouch until my abdo is about bursting then it gets pushed through. This process usually builds up all day and then by the time i am on way home i am in agony. Just diagnosed with CD after 28yrs thinking i had UC. Now that was a different matter before surgery i really did have many accidents, literally had to throw myself at the toilet sometimes and travelling was a nightmare. The only good thing about my surgery is that it has taken away much of the urgency but then that has been replaced with the problem i just described. Can't win can we!
I clearly remember the days you are talking about, apart from the pain it makes you really anxious, never knowing if your going to make it to the toilet. BEST WISHES AND KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT.

Teresa"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GDHS Rebels get a taste of what it's like to be... (Jun '09) 20 min name change options 6
News Activist burns Nazi-Confederate flag near NASCA... 4 hr RICH SLAVE 28
News Trump endorses boycott of NFL 6 hr Liberal Braindamage 597
News Monessen Middle School Students Given 'Fifty Sh... (Feb '15) 9 hr Tasty Fart 62
News Leafs forward Matthews says protesting during p... 9 hr Tasty Fart 9
News Phillies manager: Altherr may replace Herrera i... (Aug '16) 9 hr Tasty Fart 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Not who you think 34,487
More from around the web