Paragould PRIDE Band prepares for com...

Paragould PRIDE Band prepares for competition

There are 159 comments on the Paragould Daily Press story from Jul 29, 2008, titled Paragould PRIDE Band prepares for competition. In it, Paragould Daily Press reports that:

Rookie of the year. All indications show any one of the 24 new members of the Paragould PRIDE marching band could qualify for this title.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Paragould Daily Press.

Even then

United States

#102 Sep 6, 2008
GCT Band Senior wrote:
P.S.- I agree with all the parents. I was standing down on the track playing, wondering when we could go home.....I'm sick of comepting. I was sincere when I told Paragould they did a great job.....they can at least be sincere and leave us alone. We had nothing to do with the lights, and they were also shut off on us, thank you! We got and get your point....you're "the PRIDE", and it doesn't phase us. We will work hard to be the PRIDE as well. Watch us...there WILL be two PRIDES in Greene County, and everyone will know it!
Yes, Paragould is big enough for 2 PRIDE bands. Well said, Sr. I have always loved the Tech band and as a Ram parent, I will love the Ram band. Music lovers should be on the same page, folks!
Irked Band Supporter

Jonesboro, AR

#103 Sep 6, 2008
just me wrote:
<quoted text> it's enough when i say it is enough and who says i'm a kid?
Kid or no kid, you're obviously an immature person who has no regard to the feelings of other people. High school is tough for anybody without some loser commenting on things people may or may not have control over. You will be doing Paragould and Greene County Tech a favor if you would pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow!
Band Mom

United States

#104 Sep 6, 2008
Did you ever think about the fact that some person who is not connected with the bands at all had the responsibility of staying until everyone leaves and turn off the light? They gave you all a long time to nicely finish and have plenty of time to gather your equipment and make it to the buses or the band room in the light. After working all day, making sure that everything was right for the game, they waited for you to finish. I guess they decided the band directors could go on all night if someone didn't give them a hint. I also think it was very rude for the bands (yes, both of them) to be playing over each other and this is not the doing of the students. Bands play when directors lead. The people in the stands who enjoy listening to the bands do not like listening to you compete. Please shake hands and play nice.
Another mom

United States

#105 Sep 6, 2008
Band Mom wrote:
Did you ever think about the fact that some person who is not connected with the bands at all had the responsibility of staying until everyone leaves and turn off the light? They gave you all a long time to nicely finish and have plenty of time to gather your equipment and make it to the buses or the band room in the light. After working all day, making sure that everything was right for the game, they waited for you to finish. I guess they decided the band directors could go on all night if someone didn't give them a hint. I also think it was very rude for the bands (yes, both of them) to be playing over each other and this is not the doing of the students. Bands play when directors lead. The people in the stands who enjoy listening to the bands do not like listening to you compete. Please shake hands and play nice.
Amen, band mom. And kudos to whoever finally shut off the lights!
just me

Gregory, AR

#106 Sep 6, 2008
Irked Band Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Kid or no kid, you're obviously an immature person who has no regard to the feelings of other people. High school is tough for anybody without some loser commenting on things people may or may not have control over. You will be doing Paragould and Greene County Tech a favor if you would pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow!
i didn't say jack about gct
GCT Band Senior

Paragould, AR

#107 Sep 6, 2008
just me wrote:
<quoted text> i didn't say jack about gct
It wouldn't have mattered, considering I'm from Tech, and think you're absolutely pathetic for saying such a retarded thing. We have a great flagline, and they do too! Get over it.
Paragould Pride Parent

United States

#108 Sep 7, 2008
The band looked and sounded great Friday night. Without a doubt THE BEST PARAGOULD BAND I have ever seen. The band kept the crowd into the game, cheered continually, and sounded great! Everyone around me kept commenting on how much bigger and better our band sounded this year.

I stayed after and ENJOYED the kids playing. The KIDS kept yelling out tunes THEY wanted to play. Everyone had a good time. Sorry some of you other parents did not enjoy your kids having a good time! I am glad the new director is changing the way our band performs and acts at games (and so is the entire Paragould Fan Base!). The rest of the parents need to realize that mediocrity of years past is gone.

GREAT JOB KIDS! Ignore the negativity!
Pride Band Member

United States

#109 Sep 7, 2008
First students were making negative posts on here, then alumni started, NOW PARENTS?!?!? We enjoyed the game AND playing after. I would not have minded leaving a few minutes earlier, but traffic kept us from leaving earlier. I would RATHER been playing then WAITING on the bus!

Halftime was amazing. Playing in the stands was amazing. Geez, quit the negative posts! Especially parents! These posts need to stop. Both bands did great!
Just Attending

United States

#110 Sep 7, 2008
Band Mom wrote:
Yeah, his name is Donnie Russell. He enjoyed the bands playing. Only reason he turned them off was because both bands started repeating songs. He figured both bands were done.
Kiwi

Paragould, AR

#111 Sep 7, 2008
GCT Band Senior wrote:
.....and Kiwi....it's pathetic that you're bragging. I know you guys beat us...we get it, but at least show us your "PRIDE" in Paragould, because WE are part of it, and don't you forget it!
When did I brag? I was just saying that our mind was on the music when you had made the comment about us needing to shut up and focus on rehersals. I didn't enjoy that comment so I told you the truth.
GCT Band Senior

Paragould, AR

#112 Sep 7, 2008
Kiwi wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I brag? I was just saying that our mind was on the music when you had made the comment about us needing to shut up and focus on rehersals. I didn't enjoy that comment so I told you the truth.
The thing is that when I make a comment, I mean it for everyone! When you make a comment, you mean it for Tech. So stop.
Kiwi

Paragould, AR

#113 Sep 7, 2008
GCT Band Senior wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is that when I make a comment, I mean it for everyone! When you make a comment, you mean it for Tech. So stop.
You're still making no sense. Apparently you are taking my comments wrong so would you please stop harrassing me about them?
True

Little Rock, AR

#114 Sep 7, 2008
hmm wrote:
When I was there from 98-01 PHS beat the shit out of tech at all the competitions. Tech didn't even make the finals of Arkansas Open.
This is so true! I was also a member of Paragould's band and we would always recieve straight 1s and as for Tech they would usually get some 2s.
GCT Band Senior

Paragould, AR

#115 Sep 8, 2008
You guys don't understand...you're the losers if you can't accept that band is about music, and being all competitive and naggy and cocky gets you nowhere! So, Ima just forget you, Kiwi, because you are honestly dumb, even if you play your music good. I'd rather be able to play and have a brain.
Ram Fan

United States

#116 Sep 8, 2008
I wanted to tell the Paragould Band how IMPRESSED I was with them and their performance Friday. They really represented us well. Congrats to whoever brought in the new director. I see better things in the future for the Rams.

I am surprised with the negative comments from parents of band kids on here. You should be proud of your kids and how much they have improved over past years. I really enjoyed all the drums and cheers in the stands. Parents you need to be proud of everyone involved. I hope the band is going to Pocahontas!
Mama

United States

#117 Sep 8, 2008
The band is going to Pocahontas. I hope we have a great turn-out. Congrats to the band on their half-time show. Tech looked good too (as usual!) We sure have some talented kids in this town.
High School

Paragould, AR

#118 Sep 8, 2008
They ARE proud of their kids! They just want the competitive "nanana-booboo" side to stop. THAT'S where the parent are coming from. I was impressed with their music...they were awesome, but they had a horrible cockyness about them that I didn't like.
observer

United States

#119 Sep 8, 2008
It takes two to compete. Both directors were at fault. Not that this is a big deal. And as far as I heard tech's drumline was challenging paragould's to a drumoff. Paragould didn't accept... So to recap. Tech was sub par in every way friday night. Football team was terrible, the band marched and played one song horribly by comparison to paragould's two songs they did at half time, Tech's band was much less inspiring and energetic, and to top it all off, they're blaming paragould for their actions. How bassackwards can one school be?
seriously

United States

#120 Sep 8, 2008
GCT Band Senior wrote:
You guys don't understand...you're the losers if you can't accept that band is about music, and being all competitive and naggy and cocky gets you nowhere! So, Ima just forget you, Kiwi, because you are honestly dumb, even if you play your music good. I'd rather be able to play and have a brain.
You aren't a very intelligent person are you? reread kiwi's original comment. I'm assuming the poster is a she, but she was clearly responding to your statement that PHS wasn't into the music. She said her hard work paid off, which was declared by people in both bands and of neutral stance. You make yourself seem more and more foolish each time you post. I graciously request on the behalf of my own sanity and intelligence that you cease posting imediately.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#121 Sep 8, 2008
seriously though...both bands did great and last friday just goes to show that paragould is going to be as good as ever if not better...gct did great too but im an alumni of pgould so im a lil biased when it comes to them...

and by the way...please stop talkin bout the colorgaurd..who cares what they look at...you're supposed to watch the formations of the band the routine the flag line is doing...not the people...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Team Penske brings Blaney back in 2018 from Woo... 10 hr Is Phartse 17
News Michael Phelps vs. a shark: The bizarre history... 14 hr Then Phartsc 15
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr AindaPharrts 33,452
News Cricket Australia urges players' union to renew... 16 hr UrgesPhart 2
News Sarfraz Ahmed joins Yorkshire as Peter Handscom... Wed York phart 2
News Can NASCAR's Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Moto... Wed WatchPharts 20
News Packers 'shareholders' want Super Bowl at Lambe... Wed Want phart 2
More from around the web