NFL Draft Predictions 2014: Impact Pl...

NFL Draft Predictions 2014: Impact Players to Watch on Day 3

There are 3 comments on the BleacherReport story from May 10, 2014, titled NFL Draft Predictions 2014: Impact Players to Watch on Day 3. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

You don't have to be an NFL fan to know that Tom Brady was passed up by approximately 750 teams before the New England Patriots eventually selected him near the end of the 2000 NFL draft.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

SportsFan

Cypress, CA

#1 May 10, 2014
Anybody know why Belichick passed on the center from USC when the Pats have problems protecting Brady? Or why the last good TE was passed over for a QB who will sit on the bench for the next four years?
So far Denver picked up three guys who can help their team while the Pats have only one and that's if his knees don't blow out. Looks like the Pats are giving the season away again before it even starts, just like the last few drafts.
Mensan

Cypress, CA

#2 May 10, 2014
Bob Kraft won three Super Bowls because he lucked out with quality players selected by Pete Carrol (like in Seattle), a magical QB in Brady and a great scheme guy in Belichick. Now that Carrol's picks are gone Kraft just can't get over the hump despite still having Brady and Belichick. Time to get someone who doesn't sabotage the draft process like they have been doing for years.
Even two years ago when the Pats got Jones and Hightower they claimed they had a great draft but they again missed the point. True they picked up two excellent players but they blew a chance at picking up four excellent players by moving up in the draft when there was no need to. The teams they jumped over had better players and greater needs in their sights so they would not have traded out or selected the Pats ultimate picks.
The key to drafting is not getting a "good" player but maximizing quality based on "allotted draft points relative to need". No one would purchase a Lexus for twice the fair price yet that is exactly what many teams continually do and why they never win it all. The drafting process is not simple but it is cerebral and not the Pats strong suit.
A team is only as good as its weakest link. Unfortunately for the Pats that link is their drafting process.
Flatulence Fred

Houston, TX

#3 Jul 31, 2014
Mr Methane

“On a Health & Safety note, I have a small filter at the end of the blowpipe which touches my bottom. This is like a filter-tip of dart-farting and is there for safety reasons – to stop the dart going any further in an inward direction, for obvious reasons.

“When farting a dart, it is important not to suck but to blow.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr I phartsx 33,674
News Rockwood woman, 28, charged with raping 13-year... (Mar '12) 2 hr In phartse 84
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) 6 hr Is phart 198
News Cruz, Ramirez lead Mariners over Rays 7-1 6 hr One phart 2
News Colin Kaepernick supporters gather in New York ... 8 hr The phartse 33
News Pennsylvania paper calls for Maddon to apologiz... 11 hr MuchPhart 6
News Bye, bye Bortles? Jaguars open up quarterback c... 15 hr HavingPhartx 4
More from around the web