holt assault trial

holt assault trial

There are 11 comments on the Lowell Sun story from May 14, 2009, titled holt assault trial. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Chelmsford High School varsity basketball coach Charles Micol testified that as a teenage basketball player, he and many of his teammates spent a lot of time at coach Dennis Holt's Westford home swimming, water-skiing and hanging out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

BrianM

Hudson, NH

#1 May 14, 2009
This is ridiculous. If he had been molested, why did he keep going back to the man's house and sleep naked in his bed. If this IS true then this young boy must have wanted it to happen. But I don't believe it ever happened.
The Weight

Vonore, TN

#2 May 14, 2009
Incredible abuse of the court system by a "victim" and a politically connected relative , nothing amazes me anymore. This sounds more like an attempted extortion gone bad rather than just your everyday case of sour grapes. You have the current varsity basketball coach testify that he himself had been in the similar position of "sleepovers" and hanging out at the man's lakefront home with NOTHING of the sort ever taking place and you get a police officer testifying that the victim claimed no rape or attempt ever occured , now however after divine intervention by a politically connected relative a new charge , one that this reader has never even heard of , one count of assault to rape , not even sure what that one means. It's a shame the way the law and court system allows a man's reputation and dignity to be so easily destroyed by so little as one accusation from a person of an event that happened so very long ago. No witnesses , no forensic evidence of any kind. The law should start requiring "victims" to submit to a polygraph BEFORE the accused is charged and their name destroyed. Even IF the incident happened , I would not condone the type of behavior suggested but it has happened before and will happen again. There have been many instances where coach and athlete has "gotten too close" , one example would be former Olympic gold medal diver Greg Louganis and his coach. I read all the posts on this story and I am intrigued by the suggestion of a bad life and drug use by the "victim" but have not seen any official report of that yet. Also many posts incorrectly bashed the defendant for "assaulting" a 12 year old , people don't read things as they are written , they get caught up in their emotions , the story clearly says they MET when the boy was 12 years old , the "sleepovers" didn't start until the boy was in high school which would put the boy at 14 or so. And if this did occur , I can't accept that a teenage boy would "allow" this type of behavior and return to it repeatedly unless it was totally of his own free will and choosing. There are enough support systems in place , both then and now , that any teen would have many outlets for which to expose this type of relationship as it were occuring and certainly not keep returning to it unless he or she so chose to. Teenagers are a lot smarter than we give them credit for , they actually learn to manipulate situations quite well to their advantage. Nobody in this world is perfect , we all make mistakes , some larger than others , if this man did something wrong and there were solid proof I'd be the first in line to stop him and prevent him from doing it again. I think with the amount of time gone by and the facts that have come out so far this is nothing short of abuse of the courts by an elected politician on behalf of a relative who wasn't successful in extorting money from a man that tried helping him all those years ago.
observer

Schaumburg, IL

#3 May 14, 2009
So the mother continuously lets her son do "sleepovers" with an adult male. The teenage sons sleeps in the nude. The mother allows her teenage son to transfer to her son's coach High School to allow him to get additional playing time. Now, 12 years later, after his original allegations have been heard and dismissed, new charges are brought up after his political relative works his connections. The only person who should be on trial here is the Mother. She really screwed her son up. Let me guess, she has a city/state job, right?
Original Lex

New Baltimore, MI

#5 May 15, 2009
I've known Dennis Holt through youth basketball for many years. I seriously doubt these charges are factual.
Chelmsford

United States

#6 May 15, 2009
The charges are B.S

I have knowed dennis holt threw out high school and I was a fellow employee while he worked at chelmsford high

There is no way this happened
all made up to get 15 min of fame

This all so so that state Rep. David Nangle, D-Lowell can say he did something as a state rep Much like him this is B.S
head in the clouds

Tewksbury, MA

#8 May 15, 2009
yeah, because victims love being torn apart by the system and by the idiot friends of these guys. There have been numerous other posts on here stating that this guy had some very odd behaviors. I wouldn't put it past him. He took advantage of a troubled kid knowing what his vulnerability level was. It's no surprise that people think the accused is "likable" most predators are. That's what makes them so dangerous. Kudos to this guy for coming forward, especially after knowing how society treats victims (see the ignorant post above.)

"Chelmsford" It's "through" not threw. Please tell me you're not a teacher.
Tim

Bothell, WA

#10 May 15, 2009
Timmy wrote:
Is Micol gay?
I don't think his girlfriend who he lives with thinks so.
A Friend

Fort Myers Beach, FL

#11 Jan 17, 2010
OMG... how could the judicial system bring something back to court after 15 years. The charges were dropped the first time if I am not mistaken. They say there was not enough evidence to convist? So, why was Dennis convicted and sent to prison for seven years?? I'll tell you why, this sounds like a political witch hunt to me. If Dennis did do this, shame on him for not using better judgement as a teacher. If this boy was troubled, maybe he made this all up. Was he sent to counseling? Where was his mother and father when all this was happening. Maybe the parents should be brought up on charges of neglect....Haven't we all had sleep overs with under age boys in our homes..... I am sure we have....To convict Dennis after all these years is a travisty. I have know Dennis for five years and this does not sound like the Dennis I know. He may be differant than most be he is not a pedifile!!!!!!!
Irony

Glastonbury, CT

#12 Feb 10, 2011
So now that Holt has pleaded guilty, any comments?
Justice prevails

Salem, NH

#13 Feb 10, 2011
when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, by Golly, it turns out it is a duck.........

i dont care what kind of 'sleepovers' most of you have had, its doubtful that sleeping 'naked' was involved.

we will never know what truly took place, but i'd say pleading guilty in this case, which typcially results in slander and vilification of the perpetrator, speaks volumes. no one would bring such scrutiny on themselves if they felt innocent of the charges.
AGG

Tyngsboro, MA

#14 Jan 2, 2013
A group pf parents went to Jack Fletcher back in 1991because senior boys were complaining to them about HOLTIES behavior. He had lunch with one boy every day in his office. Another boy went to every practise with him and the boys felt something was going on. He told the young boys homosexual jokes and made comments about their private parts (Don,t worry it will grow) Sound familiar, Dennis!!!! He was let go by chelmsford and went to Tewksbury to coach. WE felt w it was a matter of time that he would show his true colors. Sleepovers, skating parties,unsupervised by other adults?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Serena Williams Bikini Pics, Sex On Dubai Beach... (Nov '08) 5 hr Pete 24
News Cavaliers dump Warriors to force Game 7 11 hr Go Blue Forever 5
News Igoudala In NBA Finals Spotlight As Warriors Lo... 12 hr Browns Fan 3
News Nation-Now 1 hour ago 8:28 p.m.Jets' Marshall s... 16 hr Mullahing It Over 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr Bruin For Life 32,288
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Fri tour and travel 34
News Last Weekend's NASCAR Race Had Lowest Televisio... Fri WWE CRASHCAR 2016 13
More from around the web