FOOTBALL: Muir rolls to another Turke...

FOOTBALL: Muir rolls to another Turkey Tussle win, 34-12

There are 21 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Nov 14, 2009, titled FOOTBALL: Muir rolls to another Turkey Tussle win, 34-12. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

All is well in Westside Pasadena. A season that started in despair for John Muir High School ended with a sweet ring of "The Bell." John Muir regained its old form and muscled its way to a 34-12 win over rival Pasadena for the 12th consecutive year in the 56th annual Turkey Tussle on Friday night in front of an estimated 4,200 at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ROBLEDO

United States

#1 Nov 14, 2009
Heeey, heeey.....those mighty Muuustaaangs!!!!!
JustcuZ

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 14, 2009
Yeah---how the hell are they not gonna win...have you seen them students at Muir??? BBBBBiiiiGGGGG Black Horsesss....90% of their students are black.....then take at look at Pasadena, they have variety....... How about we compared grades and IPAs???
Let's see who gets smoked???? And since were at it, let's also compared attitude & manners.
But I still enjoy going to Muiir!!!(for other reasons)
Mark Kernell

Portland, OR

#3 Nov 14, 2009
As an alumni living in Washington State, I have to give props to Coach Howard for holding the boys together. Also as a HS coach myself, I know how a team can unravel after a few tough losses. The key to being a winner is being a family and the coaches over on Lincoln Ave. are developing men!
Great work Coaches and team. You make all 'Stangs proud!
Mark Kernell c/o 1992 #24-cornerback
ladyystangg

United States

#5 Nov 14, 2009
Mustangs Will Always Continue Winning The Tussle Regardless Of Who Our Players Are. & Yes If You Compare PHS & Muir Academically They May Be Better, But We Are Talking About F O O T B A L L! Anyways Its Stangs House !!
Mustang Pride

United States

#6 Nov 14, 2009
First off, Muir was a great school when i went there. Sure you had your share of base-heads, but no more or no less than PHS.

Second, Muir has more heart, sure some of the players could put a bit more of that heart into studies but you gotta respect people for coming out and excelling at what they love. At least they're good at something, unlike PHS, which is just mediocre at everything.

Plus, I know more successful Mustangs than Bulldogs. In the end the Bulldogs will always be sore losers, you really cant expect more from them.

Congratulations Coach Howard, you continue to make the Mustang community proud.

Coach McSuckland needs to take notes.
willie fard

Pasadena, CA

#7 Nov 15, 2009
on the video you cut everything that muir did out
it was a PHS video
PASHOFPAL

Fountain Valley, CA

#8 Nov 15, 2009
Congratulations to the stangs! Great effort by the Bulldogs. Big, big "thank you" to all who came out to support both teams - the classes of 1985 in particular - a fine example of community pride and support.

Laurence Todd
President
www.pasadenasportshalloffame.org
nick

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Nov 15, 2009
WOW... that is screwed up. the mustangs owned the bulldogs ass. we bulldogs are not giving up yet. for sure we were going to bring home the bell. watch out mustangs, we'll get the bell back after 14 god dam years in a row, next year in 2010.
Shaniqua

United States

#10 Nov 15, 2009
nick wrote:
WOW... that is screwed up. the mustangs owned the bulldogs ****. we bulldogs are not giving up yet. for sure we were going to bring home the bell. watch out mustangs, we'll get the bell back after 14 god dam years in a row, next year in 2010.
Yall should just give up, nothing will change in 2010, just another azz whoopin
Dave in AK

Anchorage, AK

#11 Nov 15, 2009
Congrats to the Stangs once again....

RE: JustcuZ....Sorry to see that ol' California is still turning out idiots like you!

Aloha from Alaska!
BIG H

Laguna Beach, CA

#12 Nov 15, 2009
u see that # 69 woo!!!!!!! 5 taklz as a DT and they ran outside!!! out there workn
hambarsumian

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Nov 15, 2009
Congratulations to Muir.
To my PHS boys..know we all love you and are proud of your efforts.
Michael Jackson

United States

#14 Nov 16, 2009
Good Job Muir
cheating

United States

#15 Nov 17, 2009
if you have to have illegal players to win. then so be it
Old Bulldog

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Nov 17, 2009
Where's Coach Hamilton when you need him? Rest in Peace.
don chonk

United States

#17 Nov 17, 2009
nick, CHONNNNNK!
dream rodriguez

Inglewood, CA

#18 Dec 3, 2009
hey yall im juss stoppin by to say i love you nick escoe ur im hubby for life and im your number 1 fan
dont trip

Long Beach, CA

#19 Jan 14, 2010
um mmm
Stangs4Life

La Palma, CA

#20 Jan 23, 2010
they got the story all wrong its actually the 13th consecutive time that they win...they need to research before they about it...
anyways Muztangz for Life
Class of "09"!!! Woot Woot

<3 John Muir Mustangs will always be the best! <3
there is no doubt about that
Deon Thomas

College Station, TX

#21 Jun 15, 2010
ladyystangg wrote:
Mustangs Will Always Continue Winning The Tussle Regardless Of Who Our Players Are. & Yes If You Compare PHS & Muir Academically They May Be Better, But We Are Talking About F O O T B A L L! Anyways Its Stangs House !!
I played in three tussle and won 2 but I was apart of one of the teams that tied so I never lost to the doggs in football my senior year I was the MVP If you don't kno ask about the great big brotha dt #6 class of 2001 "whos house stangs house"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 57 min tom wingo 2,516
News Tom and Gisele's Marriage Under Fire as Close S... 1 hr Fart news 11
News Wartburg man charged with child sex abuse (May '12) 1 hr Fart news 284
News Racing heavyweights gather to fight NZTR strate... 1 hr Fart news 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr stewart scott 29,939
News MANSOUR: 53-Man Roster Prediction 16 hr Fart news 9
News What is Redskins' best option in QB controversy? 19 hr Fart news 7
More from around the web