Panthers shine in primetime victory against Patriots

Nov 18, 2013 Full story: The Star Online 9

As the Carolina Panthers celebrated their sixth straight win, Tom Brady and the New England Patriots were left wondering why a penalty that could have saved them on the final play was wiped out.

Full Story

“Bull Ship”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1 Nov 19, 2013
Very bad call at the end of the game but the Pats shouldn't put them selves in that position.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#2 Nov 19, 2013
LMAO
Pats look for:
a new tuck rule
spy cameras
They suck
CamFig Newton

Miami, FL

#3 Nov 19, 2013
Pats didn't play well enough to deserve the win.
Dave

Cypress, CA

#4 Nov 19, 2013
Grogan wrote:
Very bad call at the end of the game but the Pats shouldn't put them selves in that position.
Any team that leads by 7 points or less near the end of the game is putting themselves in the refs hands. They can call or not call holding on every play if they choose to. Even refs have favorites as the NBA has shown us.
Seems the outcomes are often based on what is in the best interest of the NFL and to keep the playoff races interesting. It also brings up the newer players into the forefront to get ready to take over the mantle of being the NFLs poster players. At least last nights game meets all these conditions as several others have. Just sayin

“Bull Ship”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#5 Nov 19, 2013
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Any team that leads by 7 points or less near the end of the game is putting themselves in the refs hands. They can call or not call holding on every play if they choose to. Even refs have favorites as the NBA has shown us.
Seems the outcomes are often based on what is in the best interest of the NFL and to keep the playoff races interesting. It also brings up the newer players into the forefront to get ready to take over the mantle of being the NFLs poster players. At least last nights game meets all these conditions as several others have. Just sayin
I see what you are saying Dave and it was a good game to watch unlike alot of games lately.
Dave

Cypress, CA

#6 Nov 20, 2013
Grogan wrote:
<quoted text>I see what you are saying Dave and it was a good game to watch unlike alot of games lately.
You hit the nail in the head, Great game to watch. Kept viewers on the edge of their seats and ended in a way that kept the masses talking about football just like the NFL wants it. Like they say in Hollywood, better to be talked about than forgotten. Fans gotta remember its a business more than anything else. Fair play is maintained only as long as it benefits the bottom line. Whatever brings in the most money is the way the NFL will lean (dive head first into), taking liability into consideration. I asked over a dozen guys what they thought, all but two said interference and Pats got screwed, but then again most everyone around here roots for the Pats so that may not tell you much.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#7 Nov 20, 2013
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
but then again most everyone around here roots for the Pats so that may not tell you much.
all 11 of your personalities? You should start a local chapter of the Patriots fan club
Dave

Cypress, CA

#8 Nov 20, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>all 11 of your personalities? You should start a local chapter of the Patriots fan club
Bingo, we have a winner, finally. Most members are just that, Patriot fans because of Brady, though they appreciate other lesser players like Brees, Manning, Rodgers and Megatron. We tend to favor the gifted. Imagine that Mensa members liking the gifted. You are sharp, sharp, sharp.
Ron1

Charlotte, NC

#9 Nov 23, 2013
I hated the game ended that way but when they played it from all camera angles on NFL channel then you could see why the ref threw the flag --his back was too the player catching the interception and both the flag throwing and catch happened at the same time and the rule is a tipped ball or interception rules out any other plays on the field.

What surprised me was Brady's behavior of his tantrum. Later in his interview he backed tracked and said they missed too many opportunities.

Patriots were outplayed and he cannot expect a ref to go against the other two refs and in the booth. But he probably did just like in the Championship game in 2009 with the Colts and Manning --when the ref called the touchdown and it clearly was not as both feet were not in but Brady sure was happy it was called wrong.

Anyway and to think I had been calling Cam Newton the baby. Guess the baby grew up and the went against the big baby,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Enough is Enough 11 min Texansux 59
To spank or not spank? 18 min Zack 79
Was Adrian Peterson wrong to punish his child w... 32 min honest 155
Raiders' Charles Woodson: 'We're not very good' 50 min That Fart Guy 7
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Just Me Wolfie 27,402
Adrian Peterson causes chaos for fantasy football 1 hr Pimp Sticks 10
Kevin Ward's No. 13 car races one last time 1 hr Carolyn 11
•••
•••

Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••