College football: Two fine machines remaining | BuckeyeXtra

Oregon has the fastest car. Auburn has the best driver. The college football season is a race to the finish. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bust the BCS

Powell, OH

#1 Jan 10, 2011
another reason to dislike college football: the computer-generated "national championship" is a week after all the other bowl games were played. Who cares anymore!! Memo to NCAA - your season is over, it's now NFL Playoff season.
mittymjs

Saint Thomas, PA

#2 Jan 10, 2011
I strongly believe that the best and most representative game would be TCU against either of these two - take your pick. I also think that if we play Oregon we would beat them again and again on the strength of our defense.
brutus

United States

#3 Jan 10, 2011
This game should've been played the day after the sugar bowl, last wed.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#4 Jan 10, 2011
I just want to see Oregon take down Auburn. I'm not too big on the game being played this late either, but if Oregon wins I will be happy.
Wblonn

Homewood, IL

#5 Jan 10, 2011
Bust the BCS? The NFL has a team in the second round of playloffs that still has a losing record. So much for the integrity of the regular season. Tonight will be the 10th time in 13 years that the top 2 teams in the AP poll meet for the BCS championship. That only happened 8 times in the 56 years prior to the BCS. It is far from perfect but it is working.
Clayton Hayes

Carlsbad, CA

#6 Jan 10, 2011
Yawn....should have been played a week ago. We've already taken down the tree and put away the decorations, and finished the college football season.
mike

Cape Coral, FL

#7 Jan 10, 2011
thank goodness the suckeyes are not in this game it would be a discrase for columbus ohio state and college football in general sometime things do work out correctly.

Worthington

#8 Jan 10, 2011
mike wrote:
thank goodness the suckeyes are not in this game it would be a discrase for columbus ohio state and college football in general sometime things do work out correctly.
Discrase? Kind of like your spelling?
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#9 Jan 10, 2011
FLABUCK wrote:
I just want to see Oregon take down Auburn. I'm not too big on the game being played this late either, but if Oregon wins I will be happy.
I figured you would want Auburn to win, because cheaters win don't they? OSU cheated and won
Dirk

Columbus, OH

#10 Jan 10, 2011
mike wrote:
LMFAO @ "discrase" and the grammatical prowess of a 4th grader

Worthington

#11 Jan 10, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I figured you would want Auburn to win, because cheaters win don't they? OSU cheated and won
First off, dead horse yet you continue to beat it. Second, see LaMichael James. This is a NC filled with ACTUAL criminals, so I have to root against the SEC.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#12 Jan 10, 2011
Its only a dead horse to Buck-Futt Fans who conveniently forget Maurice Clarett

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#13 Jan 10, 2011
WAR EAGLE

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#14 Jan 10, 2011
ROLL TIDE
Dirk

Columbus, OH

#15 Jan 10, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
not sure we were discussing 2002..hmmm... thought we were discussing 2011 National Championship game.
Smelling Salts

Lewis Center, OH

#16 Jan 10, 2011
mike wrote:
Hey Mike its called a dictionary. Try it before you write. As far as the Bucks are concerned. We were handed a 5 gamer for a Minor,$Scam in the low-lee SEC gets ZILCH for his "unaware" Major. Fact is the NCAA used the Bucks as a distraction because they would do anything, as evidenced here, not to let a TCU or Boise type team in their Main Show. A distraction means, in this case, nobody yapped too much about it Mike.$Scam should be suspended. Period. WAKE UP Mikey, you've been played.

Worthington

#17 Jan 10, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
I could have sworn his problems came after he left Ohio State and tried to enter the NFL. But let's not let facts cloud this conversation.
Tami

Denver, CO

#18 Jan 10, 2011
It amuses me all the ppl who get on this board and dog the "Suckeyes" but yet the stadiums keep selling out if they're in the game??????? hahahahahaha

Every program has a bad apple...can we move on since they WON!!!!! hahaha I think the suspensions will be lowered to 3-4 games.if I were voting on appeals board TP's apology on NATL TV would hold a lot of weight.

Like I said if da Ducks lose ESPN better say "They can't win big games hahaha" I'm rooting for them but I think Cam won't lwt the Heisman jinx hit until he joins the NFL hahahaha
The Rational One

Columbus, OH

#19 Jan 10, 2011
Can anyone with a job stay up late enough to watch what will undoubtedly be a four hour game? Until 1:00AM on a work/school night? I have to get up at 5:00AM so I won't watch a minute of this corporate crap.

Screw the BCS and the NCAA. Stupid, greedy, hypocrites.
Ron Mexico

Littleton, CO

#20 Jan 10, 2011
The Rational One wrote:
Can anyone with a job stay up late enough to watch what will undoubtedly be a four hour game? Until 1:00AM on a work/school night? I have to get up at 5:00AM so I won't watch a minute of this corporate crap.
Screw the BCS and the NCAA. Stupid, greedy, hypocrites.
I'll screw the BCS and give them something to worry about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danica Patrick confronts Denny Hamlin after col... 38 min mike tirico 16
News Otis Livingston - About Us News Story - WNBC | ... (Sep '08) 40 min mike tirico 128
How to lose a pound of fat every 2 weeks? 43 min mike tirico 2
News Ted Cruz is starting with less support than any... 45 min mike tirico 125
News Top 9 difficult decisions facing the Rockies as... 2 hr mike tirico 3
News Are the Dolphins the new favorite to win AFC East? 3 hr BradyBonerz 616
News Latest Tampering Allegations Raise the Question... 3 hr BradyBonerz 11
More from around the web