Tony Romo: Why the Dallas Cowboys' Romo Should Be Labeled an Elite NFL QB

Dec 16, 2012 Full story: BleacherReport 39

Year after year, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has been one the most highly criticized players in the NFL .

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yuan

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Dec 16, 2012
romo gets good stats bc he throws to whitten 80% of the time. That's not winning games. He has to spread the ball out a little more. Look at these other quater backs Romo looks as if he just starting. The cowboys need a Tom Brady, Mannings or Breeze type quarter back. This guy will never take us nowhere. He's the future quarterback well how long will it take.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2 Dec 16, 2012
He is a good, but hardly an elite QB. With the right supporting cast, he is still good enough to possibly win a championship. After all, the Giants won a Super Bowl with a back-up QB, Jeff Hostettler, who was a good but not great QB.

The Cowboys need to upgrade at WR. Dez Brynant will make a great play and then follow it up with a bonehead play. Bryant's on field mistakes and off field issues make him a liablilty to the team. If he would grow up and become a bit more heads up on the field, perhaps then he might become the great player he is capable of becoming.
Yuan

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Dec 16, 2012
he's good enough for stats that's it. We a coach qb wr offensive line and a Gm. It's time for a change. Every it's the same thang. We as fans getting tired
Sonny

Newburg, MD

#4 Dec 16, 2012
If he had a o line he would be great. It's hard to find a open target when your always on your back !! Learn football idiots
Justin

New York, NY

#5 Dec 16, 2012
You guys exhibit no actual knowledge about the game of football. EVERY game Romo has the entire team on his shoulders. There's no other QB in the league that has to do so much with so little. It's insane how much better of a QB Romo is than any other QB in Cowboys history. Airman had the freaking All Madden team around him, he barely had to do anything except turn around and hand off and throw a few quick slants. Huge fan of Aikman, but Romo's mobility, athleticism, pocket presence, improvisation AND responsibilities on the field are way above. If Romo was on a different team- would be multi time super bowl champ by now. Stamp it.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#6 Dec 16, 2012
Sonny wrote:
If he had a o line he would be great. It's hard to find a open target when your always on your back !! Learn football idiots
I hope you are not including me as one of the idiots because I have already said that Romo is a good QB. I believe he could start with at least half of all the teams if not more. I only question whether he is an elite QB. He still hasn't proved that he is.
Justin

New York, NY

#7 Dec 16, 2012
And how Will he prove that? Super bowl win or not elite? Team sport can't individualize wins and losses. And I didn't call you an idiot I am on the same page with most of what you said. Airman doesn't have Emmitt no Superbowl for him then he's not elite either? Just crazy how you obtain "elite" status amongst fans.
Yuan

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Dec 16, 2012
Troy Aikman, Rodger Starback was way better. Know your history before u say things. These quarter backs went to the Super Bowl. If y'all think Romo gonna take u there keep dreaming.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#9 Dec 16, 2012
Justin wrote:
And how Will he prove that? Super bowl win or not elite? Team sport can't individualize wins and losses. And I didn't call you an idiot I am on the same page with most of what you said. Airman doesn't have Emmitt no Superbowl for him then he's not elite either? Just crazy how you obtain "elite" status amongst fans.
Sometimes he looks like Sammy Baugh and other times he looks like Ryan Leaf.

Most of the experts don't rank him with the truly elite such as Brady, Rodgers, and Brees. No sane person will compare him to any of those QBs.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Dec 17, 2012
Tony Romo just assured himself, another multi-million dollar contract for his mediocrity...Just keep Jerry semihappy....

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#11 Dec 17, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Tony Romo just assured himself, another multi-million dollar contract for his mediocrity...Just keep Jerry semihappy....
He is definitely better than mediocre, but hardly elite either.
cowpies

Miami, FL

#12 Dec 17, 2012
Justin wrote:
You guys exhibit no actual knowledge about the game of football. EVERY game Romo has the entire team on his shoulders. There's no other QB in the league that has to do so much with so little. It's insane how much better of a QB Romo is than any other QB in Cowboys history.
Replace "you guys" with "Justin"

"It's insane how much better of a QB Romo is than any other QB in Cowboys history"---LMAO

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#13 Dec 17, 2012
cowpies wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's insane how much better of a QB Romo is than any other QB in Cowboys history"---LMAO
There are other QBs doing as much, if not more with equally bad supporting casts.
Gary

El Paso, TX

#14 Dec 17, 2012
Sonny wrote:
Sonny is right. It's about time that romo gets the praise he deserves
Cowboy fan 1

Longview, TX

#15 Dec 19, 2012
Justin wrote:
You guys exhibit no actual knowledge about the game of football. EVERY game Romo has the entire team on his shoulders. There's no other QB in the league that has to do so much with so little. It's insane how much better of a QB Romo is than any other QB in Cowboys history. Airman had the freaking All Madden team around him, he barely had to do anything except turn around and hand off and throw a few quick slants. Huge fan of Aikman, but Romo's mobility, athleticism, pocket presence, improvisation AND responsibilities on the field are way above. If Romo was on a different team- would be multi time super bowl champ by now. Stamp it.
As a devoted Cowboy fan, I agree with all your comments. My suggestion would be, after this season, to do all they can to bundle a package deal to the Redskins, ala Felix Jones and Miles Austin, in a trade for qb Kirk Cousins. He has shown he is a proven winner and much better than the current Cowboys's backup qb, Kyle Orton. Cousins is a winner and I suspect may be better than RGIII.
Cowboy fan 1

Longview, TX

#16 Dec 19, 2012
Another option when Romo retires is Matthew Stafford, the qb for the Detroit Lions. He is a hometown guy, from Highland Park in Dallas. He is a very good qb, just stuck on a bad team, the Detroit Lions.
Mookie

Lawrenceville, GA

#17 Dec 20, 2012
Brady , Brees , Manning, and Rodgers are the only QB's I would consider elite. All won or made the Superbowl without very good defenses.
Cowboy fan 1

Longview, TX

#18 Dec 20, 2012
cowpies wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree! Romo has less to work with than Staubach or Aikman did (ex. Smith,Irvin), however; until Romo wins a "Super bowl" like Staubach or Aikman did, he will never be considered in the same elite class of former Cowboy qb's! Trust me, I have been a Cowboy fan since Don Meredith.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#19 Dec 20, 2012
Mookie wrote:
Brady , Brees , Manning, and Rodgers are the only QB's I would consider elite. All won or made the Superbowl without very good defenses.
Both Mannings....and possibly Big Ben....Luck will be in that class soooon.....

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#20 Dec 20, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Both Mannings....and possibly Big Ben....Luck will be in that class soooon.....
Not Eli, he will look like a Hall of Famer one game and Ryan Leaf the next. I'm a Giant fan, but no way does Eli deserve to be called elite. I am wondering if Manning might not be hurt because lately nearly everything he has been throwing is for less than 10 to 15 yards. The opponents are catching on to the effect that Eli almost exclusively has been throwing almost exclusively in the short to medium range, rarely anything over 15 yards. You left out Tom Brady as one of the elite. If Philip Rivers could start making plays when they really count instead of choking in clutch situations, he might elevate himself to the elite class. Rivers has a bad habit of leading his team to come from ahead losses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Making a case for MVP: Packers' Aaron Rodgers t... 1 hr BradyDiarrhea Rants 14
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin Nation 28,403
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 4 hr Go Blue Forever 1,483
Fenerbahce seeks winning start in 2nd round of ... (Feb '08) 5 hr Nakliyat 121
Grading the San Francisco Giants' Offseason Pos... 5 hr mrbzzzs 1
Are the Dolphins the new favorite to win AFC East? 8 hr EastDiarrhea 267
Was Adrian Peterson wrong to punish his child w... 10 hr Pops 800
More from around the web