NFL MVP Race
Reseacher007

United States

#1 Dec 25, 2012
I did a little research and found there are three stats that say who the best player is.
Passer Rating which is trumped by QBR, and QBR is then trumped by Something called DYAR & DVOA. Even non-QBs are rated by DYAR & DVOA while QBR and Passer Rating only rates QBs. Why do the voters for the MVP pick their personal favorite first, then see which set of stats support their choice? Is this just the sad state of the human condition? Since the DYAR & DVOA are th most accurate at selecting the best player anyway, why not give the award to the winner of that stat every year, instead of having a race where it's clear a bias exists for Peyton? Someone needs to take action to even the playing field so the award goes to the guy who deserves it. I understand that ESPN has to keep the viewers attention, but when the actual award is given, shoudn't it go to the legitimate winner? If I was Peyton, I wouldn't want an award I didn't really win. If he wins it though and turns it down, boy would that be classy or what? But then the writers who voted would never vote for him again, but with four already, boy, turning it down would forever go down in history while lifting his stock!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shots Fired In Fight Over Woman, SWAT Called To... 2 hr state prison gape 1
News Could Cardinals make a change at closer? 3 hr P Funk 1
UFC Fight Night Dos Anjos vs. Alvarez. Live 7 hr livehdvsstream 1
News With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in C... 7 hr Carol 1
News WTF Do the Bruins Have Against Drafting Canadia... 14 hr Nolkyl 1
News Thurman outpoints Porter to defend WBA welterwe... 19 hr shabbyshoes 1
News Serena Williams Bikini Pics, Sex On Dubai Beach... (Nov '08) Sat Pete 24
More from around the web