Boller unable to break his bad habits

Boller unable to break his bad habits

There are 155 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Aug 8, 2008, titled Boller unable to break his bad habits. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

I was about to forgive him for his five previous years of bad football. I was going to forgive him for his fumble nearly midway through the first quarter and give praise to new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
WTF

Tucson, AZ

#1 Aug 8, 2008
Troy looked ordinary at best. Based on last night's game how could you make a case for him? See that one blocked pass? That's why midgets don't succeed in the NFL.
Fabian Washington-good game!
Steve

Baltimore, MD

#2 Aug 8, 2008
Come on Mike - first pre-season game, no line to speak of and I am sure feels Smith and Flacco breathing down his neck, a new coach and a new system - to say same old Kyle with one misque is being abit reactionary
Bill

Lakeland, FL

#3 Aug 8, 2008
Cant believe, based on last nights game, you say Smith should be the starter...how many fumbles did Smith have in limited time last year? If Smith is the starter this year, we will finish 6-10.
Mike

Washington, DC

#4 Aug 8, 2008
Start Smith. Enough of Boller. We have seen his mug since 2003. Five years is enough. This guy is the same guy he was in 2003, rocket arm, and a 10 cent head.

While Smith might not be much better, he is something different. I will take different over the same ole' Boller any day of the week.
BigJ

Baltimore, MD

#6 Aug 8, 2008
Wait the guy was 11-15 and he sucks but the backup was 5-12 (against 2nd/3rd string) and he's the opening day starter? Good lord man are you serious? It's the first preseason game for crying out loud. Of course there are going to be bad throws and fumbles by everyone. But Troy Smith nor Flacco looked like the starter for this team.
kathy

Glen Burnie, MD

#7 Aug 8, 2008
preston, always the nay sayer. boller looked the best he ever has since he came to the ravens. i guess preston is pushing for that cornerback turned qb troy smith. now there would be a big mistake. they might as well starty flacko instead of smith. i think preston feels it is his job to rip and tear everyone down. his writings are pretty bad also. maybe that is why i do not buy the sun and only read it on line. he is sort of like the news reporters blind.
Truth

Baltimore, MD

#8 Aug 8, 2008
Article should be titled - "Mike Preston can't break bad habits". Poor writing, banging the same old drum. Trying to be the coach of the team from the press box.

Please give us other reporters this year on the Ravens.
Anti Gary

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#9 Aug 8, 2008
Why does Kyle Boller keep getting opportunity after opportunity with this team? I'm going to put it out there since it seems nobody else has the balls to say it. What's really sad is other players on the team probably feel the same way. If Kyle Boller was an African American and played quarterback the way he does, he would have been out of the league two years ago. PERIOD!!
Bazooka Joe Rules

Orlando, FL

#10 Aug 8, 2008
They both are bad. Flacco is going to take awhile and hopefully he will turn into something. He has all the tools, but nowhere near ready yet. In the meantime, they will suffer.

Smith keeps proving he will be a 50% passer with limited abilities. What anyone sees in this guy - other than as a decent backup - is beyond me.
Dan

Spring Grove, PA

#11 Aug 8, 2008
It was a good game. The defense really impressed me with their new recruits. Troy did OK and I'm sure he will only get better and better. I think we are getting ready for a great year. The offense is exactly what I expected. SUPERB
RavenKen

Baltimore, MD

#12 Aug 8, 2008
One thing that has not been said in any of the Sun articles - WE FINALLY HAVE AN OFFENSE. I'm not saying the offense has arrived but you could see play design, strategy, and a few penalties. Thank God Billick is gone. Do I have an AMEN!
Boller looked better then he ever did under Billick. Sure he made mistakes but I will reserve judgement about who will start after next week. Smith did not impress me as much as he did last year. Then again, any QB that did not play under Billick's 'game plan' always did better. So I am saying that we are more then half way there when it comes to offense. We need healthy front line, receivers back but Cam can make an average QB look better than average.That bodes very well for us this season since the D is still a DD - Dominant Defense. Damn, those guys are animals - love it and I am going to like watching both sides play this year. Go Ravens.
jjrepublican

Hazlet, NJ

#13 Aug 8, 2008
Anti Gary wrote:
Why does Kyle Boller keep getting opportunity after opportunity with this team? I'm going to put it out there since it seems nobody else has the balls to say it. What's really sad is other players on the team probably feel the same way. If Kyle Boller was an African American and played quarterback the way he does, he would have been out of the league two years ago. PERIOD!!
umm no.... he get oppurtunities because he has a cannon of an arm and can make all the throws. He also is one tough SOB. I think Boller must be republican the way the sun constantly trashes him. Come on, Brett Farve makes those mistakes in the first preseason game. Solid performance let's build on it.
Guy

Hagerstown, MD

#14 Aug 8, 2008
It's the first preseason game and already you're being negative. Kyle looked good when he was in. Yeah Boller's been here 5 years and just about a different offensive coordinator each year. But all the Boller bashers fail to mention that don't they.
Bazooka Joe Rules

Orlando, FL

#15 Aug 8, 2008
Anti Gary wrote:
You are a joke. And you probably like Troy Smith becasue he is black, even though he will never be more than an average QB. Grow up.
babaganuche

United States

#16 Aug 8, 2008
we should be on the phone with chad penningtons agent right NOW!
Anti Gary

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#17 Aug 8, 2008
jjrepublican wrote:
<quoted text>
umm no.... he get oppurtunities because he has a cannon of an arm and can make all the throws. He also is one tough SOB. I think Boller must be republican the way the sun constantly trashes him. Come on, Brett Farve makes those mistakes in the first preseason game. Solid performance let's build on it.
I agree with you on one thing. Boller must be a Republican. Just as the Republican administration has screwed up the country fo eight years, Boller has done the same for the Ravens for five.

“Ravens/Orioles fan in Jax Fla”

Since: Sep 07

Glen Burnie,Md(Jax Fla now)

#18 Aug 8, 2008
I really don't think the Boller will ever be a good QB,thats' it,short and sweet.
Anti Gary

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#19 Aug 8, 2008
Bazooka Joe Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a joke. And you probably like Troy Smith becasue he is black, even though he will never be more than an average QB. Grow up.
Just keeping it real chump. Why don't you tell us why Boller is still playing? And no I don't like Troy Smith. I like Brett Favre. I like Donvan McNabb. I like Tom Brady. I like quarterbacks who can play. Back to my point though, if Boller was African American, do you really believe he would still be getting these opportunities?
sembo

Butler, MD

#20 Aug 8, 2008
The same old Kyle Boller looked even better than the same old Kyle Boller who almost beat the Patriot first stringers last year . Come on Mike ,just try to think of Troy as an Italian who spends too much time out in the sun ,and then compare . You can do it . Alas , it looks like the same old Mike Preston is still the same old Mike Preston .

I hope Joe Flacco learns to run back there like Troy and Kyle . Until our O line matures a little , it doesn't pay to just stand there close to the line of scrimage and look things over .
Strangebru

Tracys Landing, MD

#21 Aug 8, 2008
Why is everyone focusing on the two mistakes that Kyle Boller had last night? He was the better quarterback against the better defenders. Boller did lose 1 fumble and did get intercepted once, he did have 11 completions out of 15 attempts, even Preston said that he would have had 2 more completions if not dropped by the recievers.

Now everyone wants Troy Smith to be the QB over Boller, why? He completed less than half of his passes, 5/12, and he also had two dropped passes, but they were dropped by defenders not his own recievers. I don't have an ax to grind against Troy Smith, why do all of the Ravens fans have an ax to grind against Boller? In my opinion Kyle looked like a better starter for the team then Troy or Joe even if you combined both of their stats together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Might Be Planning to Deploy the National ... 53 min CakePhartce 7
News Bizarre finish has Raptors crying foul after lo... 1 hr AgreedPhartsx 124
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 7 hr TrumpsPhartsx 99
News Can we forgive athletes who stiff the president? 12 hr EspeciallyPhartss 20
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr WakPhartzs 32,754
This college run sports discussion show is fant... 15 hr DefinitelyPharts 2
News Here are all the 76ers' potential draft picks i... Mon NextPhartzz 2
More from around the web