Inside Slant: Packers cashing in at Lambeau

Jul 30, 2014 Full story: ESPN 42

Now more than ever, the Packers really are Green Bay. Little known outside of this region, the franchise has bought up land, razed nearby houses and expanded its stadium more than 20 stories into the sky as part of what can only be described as massive physical growth.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Jul 30, 2014
This is one of the reasons profits are temporarily down. It's also a reason profits will go up. Not only are the Packers well managed, we have the deepest pockets in the NFL. It's a mismatch. The Packers have so many advantages over every other NFL team.
Spielman

United States

#2 Jul 30, 2014
Inside Slant, that is what all of my QB's have between their legs.
Mister Pack

Rochester, MN

#4 Jul 31, 2014
GBPfan wrote:
This is one of the reasons profits are temporarily down. It's also a reason profits will go up. Not only are the Packers well managed, we have the deepest pockets in the NFL. It's a mismatch. The Packers have so many advantages over every other NFL team.
Without the TV contract disbursement, the Pack would lose money....alot of money. The Pack are basically the welfare case of the NFL, as the Bills move to Toronto look for the other small market teams to do the same.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Jul 31, 2014
Mister Pack wrote:
<quoted text> Without the TV contract disbursement, the Pack would lose money....alot of money. The Pack are basically the welfare case of the NFL, as the Bills move to Toronto look for the other small market teams to do the same.
Without the money every team gets? Every team would lose a lot of money without that disbursement, moron! ROFLMAO Go be an idiot someplace else.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Jul 31, 2014
Do any of the imbeciles that talk about "what ifs" know anything about the law of supply and demand? Do you know why the nation's second largest market has no team, but little Green Bay has 112,000 people on the season ticket waiting list? Do any of you morons know what that means?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Jul 31, 2014
What is it about stupidity that gives people the confidence that they understand things they know nothing about? Are you simply wrong so often that you have chosen to ignore that fact, rather than accept your stupidity? I will give you the best advice of your life: Better to remain silent and have people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. It's too bad you are too stupid to understand that advice, let alone use it.
Spielman

United States

#8 Jul 31, 2014
I have no clue what Im doing as a GM. Plus I'm gay like most of my Vikings fans are.
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#9 Jul 31, 2014
GBPfan wrote:
Do any of the imbeciles that talk about "what ifs" know anything about the law of supply and demand? Do you know why the nation's second largest market has no team, but little Green Bay has 112,000 people on the season ticket waiting list? Do any of you morons know what that means?
because there is nothing else to do in greenbay! Other cities have other sports and entertainment. Greenbay is a dump. Door county is the only great thing up there and most people from greenbay are priced out of the area due to people from Illinios. We own most of the choice real estate. Mike Mcarthy does own a home very close to my summer home but not many are locals.So one of the factors in such a large list is boredom.
Spielman

United States

#10 Jul 31, 2014
Try working in Eden Prairie. Nothing to do here but google men all day.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Jul 31, 2014
Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> because there is nothing else to do in greenbay! Other cities have other sports and entertainment. Greenbay is a dump. Door county is the only great thing up there and most people from greenbay are priced out of the area due to people from Illinios. We own most of the choice real estate. Mike Mcarthy does own a home very close to my summer home but not many are locals.So one of the factors in such a large list is boredom.
Can't stand the thought of wasting your summer in that stink hole known as Illinois, can you? ROFLMAO Good choice!
eric

Monroe, WI

#12 Jul 31, 2014
Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> because there is nothing else to do in greenbay! Other cities have other sports and entertainment. Greenbay is a dump. Door county is the only great thing up there and most people from greenbay are priced out of the area due to people from Illinios. We own most of the choice real estate. Mike Mcarthy does own a home very close to my summer home but not many are locals.So one of the factors in such a large list is boredom.
There are plenty of places to go and do up there,besides the fact,even if GB had a pro Baseball, basketball or hockey team they would still support the Packers, while there is some truth,your not factual correct.
Spielman

United States

#13 Aug 1, 2014
Things to do in Minnesota:

1. Scratch nads

2. Draft losers

3. Go hogging at tail gate parties

4. Sneak peaks in the team showers

5. Print out texted photos of Favres johnson and hang them up in the mens bathroom stalls as a joke (which by the way 3 years later and they are still hanging up).

6. Disinfect everything Kluwe ever touched. That way the next gay player we get in doesnt get germs.
Laughing Bear Fan

Longmont, CO

#14 Aug 1, 2014
GBPfan wrote:
It means the graveyards are full of fat drunk packer fans who never got to go to a game

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#15 Aug 1, 2014
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>It means the graveyards are full of fat drunk packer fans who never got to go to a game
Rodgers to Cobb... TOUCHDOWN!
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#16 Aug 1, 2014
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rodgers to Cobb... TOUCHDOWN!
Shea mcellian chases Rodgers, slams him to the ground.... Busted collar bone! Out for weeks! Bears win, adding to the 92 yr lead of beating the packers.

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#17 Aug 1, 2014
Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> Shea mcellian chases Rodgers, slams him to the ground.... Busted collar bone! Out for weeks! Bears win, adding to the 92 yr lead of beating the packers.
As a Bears fan, I'm sure you haven't noticed the W-L gap is soon to change hands, especially since Chi can't seem to beat GB very often. Have any membersof your favorite team been busted for drug trafficking lately?
Tank Johnson

Longmont, CO

#18 Aug 1, 2014
Don't forget the weapons charge
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#19 Aug 1, 2014
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Bears fan, I'm sure you haven't noticed the W-L gap is soon to change hands, especially since Chi can't seem to beat GB very often. Have any membersof your favorite team been busted for drug trafficking lately?
92 years and counting. You talking about jolly ?
Darren Sharper

Lake In The Hills, IL

#20 Aug 1, 2014
Tank Johnson wrote:
Don't forget the weapons charge
Don't forget about the rape charges!
Darren Sharper

Lake In The Hills, IL

#21 Aug 1, 2014
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That player didn't play a down for the Bears. How's jolly and sharper doing? Nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rolling Stone and the Curious Case of the Nippl... 23 min Kelly DJ 1
Are the Dolphins the new favorite to win AFC East? 1 hr Rossturbates 299
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Brew In 28,505
Commentary: Brady-Belichick Simply the Best 5 hr FoggyFarts 5
V. Williams wins 4th Wimbledon title (Jul '07) 5 hr proudblkgirl 19
It might be time for Pack, Polian to move away ... 5 hr CS_Dude 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 1,494
More from around the web