Palmer plays it safe in Raiders' new ...

Palmer plays it safe in Raiders' new strategy

There are 7 comments on the Cincinnati.com story from Sep 12, 2012, titled Palmer plays it safe in Raiders' new strategy. In it, Cincinnati.com reports that:

Carson Palmer threw just three of his 46 passes more than 20 yards downfield, completing none, in Oakland's season-opening loss to San Diego on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cincinnati.com.

Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#1 Sep 13, 2012
That is a brilliant strategy!
Play 1: 2 yard loss covering own fumble
Play 2: McFadden 8 yard run
Play 3: Palmer pass tipped changing its direction to elude the defense and fall incomplete
Play 4: roll the long snap back to the punter to have the punt blocked

Strategy: Save the field goal kicker for games that count
Knapp the Tard

Houston, TX

#2 Sep 13, 2012
'The change in strategy led to a turnover-free performance from a quarterback who threw 16 interceptions in nine games a year ago...'

And there it is....nice way to cut down the number of INTs I guess...wins as well...
WC Knapp Time

Cypress, TX

#3 Sep 16, 2012
Keep playing it safe Knapp...its really working...
raiderfaith

Timberlake, NC

#4 Sep 16, 2012
I of all people have been crazy critical of palmer and his int's. And he has played well the first two games, problem is the team isn't believing in the scheme. We need to get our run game going, in order to do that we need some deeper passes to open up some lanes. To hell with int's if we can get A "w".

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#5 Sep 16, 2012
raiderfaith wrote:
I of all people have been crazy critical of palmer and his int's. And he has played well the first two games, problem is the team isn't believing in the scheme. We need to get our run game going, in order to do that we need some deeper passes to open up some lanes. To hell with int's if we can get A "w".
Palmer has cut his INTs down...I'll give him that. I've accused him of his INTs costing us games as well as defensive let downs. I'm not a big stats person because stats don't win game, it's the points on the board and we've got a lot of work to do as a team. I was hoping for more this season, but it looks like we'll be lucky to finish where we have the last two years.
raiderfaith

Timberlake, NC

#6 Sep 16, 2012
I figured it would take time to gel. New coaches, sone new players, new game plan...but we looked worse today than last week. And I dob't think Miami is a better team than sd.
Knapp Time

Houston, TX

#7 Sep 17, 2012
raiderfaith wrote:
I figured it would take time to gel. New coaches, sone new players, new game plan...but we looked worse today than last week. And I dob't think Miami is a better team than sd.
Probably ONLY on defense is Miami better...172 yards by Reggie was a bitchslap....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Dolphins VS New England Patriots Prediction (Dec '10) 52 min Hard Times 6
News Tony Stewart's Having A Rough Few Weeks 1 hr catrod53 3
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Chosen Traveler 35,087
News Tony Stewart engaged to former Playboy Playmate... 14 hr MePhartse 65
News How Does The Wentz Injury Affect The Vikings Ge... Mon Fart Raider Pie 3
News Eagles' Carson Wentz has torn ACL, will miss re... Mon RaiderFartvision 2
News The quarterback position could get expensive fo... Mon RaiderFartvision 2
More from around the web