2011 USC Football Prediction: The Tro...

2011 USC Football Prediction: The Trojans Will Go Undefeated

There are 1266 comments on the BleacherReport story from Jun 3, 2011, titled 2011 USC Football Prediction: The Trojans Will Go Undefeated. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

With the start of the 2011 college football season looming in the headlights, it is time to start plotting the the Trojans' success for this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#571 Oct 3, 2012
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Texas vs. Ole Miss wasn't an SEC conference game. Alabama vs. Ole Miss was! Big difference in attitude, fortitude, longitude, and latitude! Now many points did Ole Miss score on that super-duper Texas Songhorn defense? Nuff said!
>:)
Yeah but Texas was so far out front that they had already started making substitutions after halftime. Bama never did, it was to close for them to let up. That is the reason. Not saying Texas is better than Bama but there is no big deal to playing against the SEC. I would rather play Bama or LSU any day over Oregon or West Virginia at this point because they score so damn fast, no matter who's D they are against.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Los Angeles, CA

#572 Oct 3, 2012
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Sorry Wolfie! Manti is a really good defensive player. But, Geno is da man! Unless a Navy Seal Team sniper takes him out ... Geno Smith will be hoisting the Heisman Trophy in New York City. 20 TDs ... no interceptions so far this year.
Could happen. To early. Lots of it is really politics and having a good campaign. ND and Punahou will spend money for this.

“Long Season Ahead”

Los Angeles, CA

#573 Oct 3, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a Copy Last week, it's a regional cover.
It's here in LA just saw it today in Santa Monia news stand on the Promenade.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#574 Oct 3, 2012
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Could happen. To early. Lots of it is really politics and having a good campaign. ND and Punahou will spend money for this.
Hi Miss Wolfie< I hope your ND boy will have a good game against those Trojans this year. Last year ND and my Bruins did not fare too well :(

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#575 Oct 4, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but Texas was so far out front that they had already started making substitutions after halftime. Bama never did, it was to close for them to let up. That is the reason. Not saying Texas is better than Bama but there is no big deal to playing against the SEC. I would rather play Bama or LSU any day over Oregon or West Virginia at this point because they score so damn fast, no matter who's D they are against.
> Maybe it would be hard for your team to win against Oregon or West Virginia. Not so hard for LSU or Bama. First of all, you have to have a defense who can slow down the spread offensive teams. You know the old adage ... defense win championships! You better believe it! LSU and Alabama both have those type defenses. Look at all the previous National Championship games where SEC defenses won over those wide open spread offensive teams. Six NC's in a row ... will be seven this year! But, good to see ND is making great strides in becoming a good defensive team ... something all those spread offensive teams can only dream of. I thought Oregon had a fairly decent defense, until I saw pathetic Washington State lighting them up. Great defense is the key to winning SEC & National Championships! FACT!!!

#576 Oct 4, 2012
Matt from Columbus wrote:
ve a better coach than you do....nah nah nah nah nah.<quoted text>
> Big deal! Towson State has a better coach than we do!
>:/

#577 Oct 4, 2012
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
> Politics in the Heisman Trophy race? Coach Artie is SHOCKED!!!
Even mighty Professor Artie... The All-Knowing, All-Seeing Eye can't say who is the best college football player. First of all, there is no such animal! The Heisman Trophy is just a popularity contest, pushed for media spin, by a non-biased group of voters who don't have an outspoken bone in their body. LMAO!!! Here's Coach Artie's view on the Heisman Trophy ... An individual trophy for someone playing a TEAM SPORT. It's a total joke! That's The Coach's view, and he's sticking to it!

West Hollywood, CA

#578 Oct 4, 2012
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Big deal! Towson State has a better coach than we do!
>:/
Hey Coach, maybe they should have Towing added in the LSU curriculum ;)

#579 Oct 4, 2012
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Coach, maybe they should have Towing added in the LSU curriculum ;)
> Pee Pee... Not only does Towson State have a better coach than LSU, they have a better coach than your USC Trajons.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#580 Oct 4, 2012
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Pee Pee... Not only does Towson State have a better coach than LSU, they have a better coach than your USC Trajons.
Yeap

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#581 Oct 4, 2012
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Maybe it would be hard for your team to win against Oregon or West Virginia. Not so hard for LSU or Bama. First of all, you have to have a defense who can slow down the spread offensive teams. You know the old adage ... defense win championships! You better believe it! LSU and Alabama both have those type defenses. Look at all the previous National Championship games where SEC defenses won over those wide open spread offensive teams. Six NC's in a row ... will be seven this year! But, good to see ND is making great strides in becoming a good defensive team ... something all those spread offensive teams can only dream of. I thought Oregon had a fairly decent defense, until I saw pathetic Washington State lighting them up. Great defense is the key to winning SEC & National Championships! FACT!!!
Are you talking a defense that holds Michigan to no touchdowns as a Championship defense or one that holds Michigan to a couple of touchdowns being a Championship defense?

West Hollywood, CA

#582 Oct 4, 2012
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Pee Pee... Not only does Towson State have a better coach than LSU, they have a better coach than your USC Trajons.
Bruin Coach Jimmy is our man now, although if you would be talking about our ex-Coach Ricky, then I will agree to that ;)

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#583 Oct 4, 2012
Not looking good.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#584 Oct 4, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
OREGON IS A LITTLE WEAKER, STANFORD LOSES THEIR COACHING EDGE, WHILE USC HAS THE GREAT MATT BARKLEY RETURNING ALONG WITH A CORE OF TALENT AT THE HIGHLIGHTED POSITIONS. ADD THIS WITH THE TROJANS NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY FOR THE PAC12 CHAMPIONSHIP, AND THAT WILL PROVE HOW MUCH EVERY SEASON GAME COUNTS FOR US. I WILL NOT SAY UNDEFEATED, BUT I CAN SEE US WINNING 10 GAMES.
And how about them (B)ruins Rob? I hear they are asking Hamilton High School kids to leave early just so they can add enough offensive lineman on the (B)ruinroster. So tell me Rob, why hasnt your head athletic been fired yet. Because you (B)ruins either continue to not get your kids in proper condition, or the other possibility is that the (B)ruins being the second rate team in Southern California, have to take the weaker, slim picking, three star players that no one else wants.
Barkly is far from great tonight or most of this season.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#585 Oct 4, 2012
OK, the Pac? is just like the SEC, the officials take care of the team they want to win. Barkley got lit up and it wasn't a roughing the passer, Wood got the defender called for a pass interference when he did even move 3 yards......It is sad, is the only way they will be able to win is to cheat?????????? I wanted USC to win because I need them to have a good record when we play them and for us to have a good record like the old days, but now I am rooting for them to lose.

“Long Season Ahead”

Los Angeles, CA

#586 Oct 4, 2012
BigDan wrote:
OK, the Pac? is just like the SEC, the officials take care of the team they want to win. Barkley got lit up and it wasn't a roughing the passer, Wood got the defender called for a pass interference when he did even move 3 yards......It is sad, is the only way they will be able to win is to cheat?????????? I wanted USC to win because I need them to have a good record when we play them and for us to have a good record like the old days, but now I am rooting for them to lose.
I agree! But you have to remember they had a bye last week. And altitude at Utah. But the first play was one of the greatest plays this season.

“Long Season Ahead”

Los Angeles, CA

#587 Oct 4, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Barkly is far from great tonight or most of this season.
There's more chatter about Manti then Barkley now.

“Long Season Ahead”

Los Angeles, CA

#588 Oct 4, 2012
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Politics in the Heisman Trophy race? Coach Artie is SHOCKED!!!
Even mighty Professor Artie... The All-Knowing, All-Seeing Eye can't say who is the best college football player. First of all, there is no such animal! The Heisman Trophy is just a popularity contest, pushed for media spin, by a non-biased group of voters who don't have an outspoken bone in their body. LMAO!!! Here's Coach Artie's view on the Heisman Trophy ... An individual trophy for someone playing a TEAM SPORT. It's a total joke! That's The Coach's view, and he's sticking to it!
LOL Artie I kinda agree with you. But it's been around for a long time. I actually think awards like Walter Camp, and the Butkus Award is more valuable as it is an individual player award. Thoughts?:)

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#589 Oct 5, 2012
USC just isn't very good. They barely beat a team missing it's best player and most important player the QB. The O Line (USC's) is in rough shape, another description would be porous. I'm gonna go ahead and let CT adjust his prediction. The team has some really good part but a bunch of avg or below avg ones too. I am more worried about Miami at this point that USC. Hopefully they get things turned around.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#590 Oct 5, 2012
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Artie I kinda agree with you. But it's been around for a long time. I actually think awards like Walter Camp, and the Butkus Award is more valuable as it is an individual player award. Thoughts?:)
The Heisman is the Heisman, no one cares who won the Walter Camp award 10 years from now, The Butkus has a little mystique but the Heisman puts you on another level. It is forever talked about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Shot In The Back On Mpls. Basketball Court 7 min Spotted Girl 7
News Raiders legends revel in return to relevance 20 min Chiefs 96
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 32,598
News The Agenda: Where are Charleston's new librarie... 7 hr Slugger 1
News ICYMI in NFL: At site of cancer treatment, KC's... 11 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Brady Is The Mount Rushmore Of Quarterbacks All... 16 hr A Show Not Compet... 2
PSU should be in Playoffs not OSU 23 hr Vote 1
More from around the web