Anderson County gives $100,000 for coal mining museum

Anderson County commissioners Monday voted to give Lake City $100,000 for the purchase of a former Bank of America building on Main Street. Full Story
Coalminersdaught er

United States

#1 Oct 30, 2013
Great idea, the coal miner in this state worked to keep all our assets warm in the winter for over 100 years, many died in the process and others lost their limbs and their health, they deserve to be honored!
john

Oak Ridge, TN

#2 Nov 10, 2013
that's all well and good. But most don't care so much about coal these days. They'll need a more general theme to attract the widest amount of folks.
bobo

Oneida, TN

#3 Nov 16, 2013
john wrote:
that's all well and good. But most don't care so much about coal these days. They'll need a more general theme to attract the widest amount of folks.
and that is sad too, coal is what built this nation and many men died doing it yet we have no concern for it, how sad

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#4 Nov 17, 2013
I know lets rename lake city COAL TOWN!

cause its gonna be just like the old coal town amusement park up in royal blue when this rocky top stupidity go thru

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 27 min Trojan 28,457
2015 NFL Draft: Oakland Raiders' Top 5 Needs 1 hr Zild0405 3
Was Adrian Peterson wrong to punish his child w... 1 hr Just Wondering 828
This race fan is 'bummed' (Feb '12) 10 hr Sgt Prepper 91
Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) 13 hr Flatus Maximus 57
Oakland Raiders to Start Coaching Search Next Week 13 hr Flatus Maximus 2
El Paso fighter Joel Garcia signs key promotion... (Mar '11) 13 hr Cube 10
More from around the web