Serena Williams Faces Dangereous Second-Round Opponent in Caroline Garcia

May 27, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

Williams will face French teenager Caroline Garcia. The heavy-hitting Garcia has experience taking on a tennis icon on the big stage at Roland Two years ago, at age 17, Garcia nearly upset Maria Sharapova .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
kelley

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

great win today Serena your deft and nimble tennis skills are to be admire. Keep going strong. Great win for Federer and Monfils also maybe Monfils can finally win a slam. A gallon of gasoline in this city is 3.88 today may 29 is ridiculous.
vrocks

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Hi, new to the forum. Serena seems to be in top form again, better than she was 2 weeks ago. I think she has a serious thinking cap on and really wants this opportunity for an 17th grand slam win.
vrocks
vrocks

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

A Beast? Can you give me your reasoning for calling this young, talented, athletic superstar a beast. Do you know her personally, where do you get off saying she has no class; she has shown plenty of class and reservation considering what she has to put up with during her career. I think you know what I am speaking of....people like you!
bruce

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Drake wrote:
What a beast! Put that monster in the NFL. She has no class !!!!!!
You sir has no class. Obviously some sort of mental illness to think a woman should be in the NFL, because she dominates a sport.
Simon Redshaw

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

I am sorry, vrocks, you are totally misguided in your comments about Williams.

She is a bully to womens tennis, she has got where she has through brute power. She does not have the talent Navratilova or Graf had. She gets easy games right into the last stages of every tournament and other players are afraid of her.

She does not have bags of talent. She does have a lot of attitude, at times very arrogant and rude. She has nothing off the court, no business sense, and never will.

She has ruined womens tennis, and has turned many people off it. It has become so predictable, watching paint dry is more interesting. Only on the rare occasions Williams doesn't turn up, does anyone else win anything. It is getting ridiculous.

Time she got out of tennis. Tennis, will only be interesting when she leaves. I hope that is soon rather then later, although guess may have to wait another ten years unfortunately. She will not have earned the most grand slams by being a better player then the other best ones mentioned for sure.
Simon Redshaw

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Kelley, "Serena, your deft and nimble skills are to be admired" I never heard such rubbish!
bruce

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Simon Redshaw wrote:
I am sorry, vrocks, you are totally misguided in your comments about Williams.

She is a bully to womens tennis, she has got where she has through brute power. She does not have the talent Navratilova or Graf had. She gets easy games right into the last stages of every tournament and other players are afraid of her.

She does not have bags of talent. She does have a lot of attitude, at times very arrogant and rude. She has nothing off the court, no business sense, and never will.

She has ruined womens tennis, and has turned many people off it. It has become so predictable, watching paint dry is more interesting. Only on the rare occasions Williams doesn't turn up, does anyone else win anything. It is getting ridiculous.

Time she got out of tennis. Tennis, will only be interesting when she leaves. I hope that is soon rather then later, although guess may have to wait another ten years unfortunately. She will not have earned the most grand slams by being a better player then the other best ones mentioned for sure.
Are you serious! Who is she bullying? Where are you getting your facts from? The only thing that is ruining tennis is closed minded bigots like you. At least be truthful you hate a black athlete who dominates any sport. The only different now from the past athlete, they do not have to act like Uncle Tom any more. Nobody gave these women anything, so what you take as an attitude. Is pride in accomplishments. So you go on believing you delusions. It's a sad day American do not root for their own country. Gay couples can get married but racism still exist.
Common Sense

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

vrocks wrote:
Do you know her personally, where do you get off saying she has no class; she has shown plenty of class......
Sorry, but the word class has no place in the same sentence as Serena Williams. She's rude, disrespectful and downright nasty.

Take for instance this time, when she told the line judge that she would shove the tennis ball down her "fk'n" throat and kill her:

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_ra...

Yeah, plenty of class there!

Look at this comment she made in public about Maria Sharapova:

"There are people who live, breathe and dress tennis. I mean, seriously, give it a rest." Serena exits the car and the conversation moves on to a top-five player who is now in love. "She begins every interview with 'I'm so happy. I'm so lucky'– it's so boring," says Serena in a loud voice. "She's still not going to be invited to the cool parties. And, hey, if she wants to be with the guy with a black heart, go for it." (An educated guess is she's talking about Sharapova, who is now dating Grigor Dimitrov, one of Serena's rumored exes.)

Most recently Williams showed her character with her actions following a loss to Sloane Stephens. See below:

Sloane Stephens is breaking her silence about her relationship with Serena Williams and as it turns out, the young tennis star hopeful doesn’t see Serena as the kind hearted athlete that is always seen in the media.

Sloane sat down with ESPN The Magazine after becoming the youngest person to ever defeat Williams on the court and while she should be celebrating her historic victory, it seems as if her “mentor” is raining all over her parade.

Ever since that fateful day at the Australian Open quarterfinals, Stephens claims that the famous tennis star has not spoken to her.

“She’s not said one word to me, not spoken to me, not said hi, not looked my way, not been in the same room with me since I played her in Australia,” Stephens told the magazine.

As if the cold shoulder wasn’t enough to get the point across, Serena also unfollowed her on Twitter and deleted her from BlackBerry Messenger.

“Like, seriously! People should know,” the 20-year-old tennis star said.“They think she’s so friendly and she’s so this and she’s so that – no, that’s not reality! You don’t unfollow someone on Twitter, delete them off of BlackBerry Messenger. I mean, what for? Why?”

The loss really seemed to get under Williams’ skin and a tweet posted not too long after the game is rumored to be aimed at Sloane.

“I made you,” the 31-year-old tennis star tweeted shortly after unfollowing Stephens.

Yup, WHOLE LOT OF CLASS THERE!

And some more of the more "classless" comments from Williams:

"She had a lot of lucky shots; she’s a good framer,"[after getting tortured by Stosur’s forehand]

"I always believe the match is on my racket. I think every time I lose is because of me, not because of the other person."

"Honestly, I lost because of me, and not because of anything she did."

"I just think she made a lot of lucky shots and I made a lot of errors,"[after getting humbled by Henin at the US Open]

Williams may enter the win column numerous time when it comes to tennis, but when it come down to class and respect..........she's a monumental failure.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Congratulations to Serena on winning one of our local events that is one of biggest here and in the world. She is by comparison head and shoulders above all the others. Who on her level conducts themselves better than her? None. Go down the list of the very top women tennis players...and Serena is the cream of the crop.
bruce

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but the word class has no place in the same sentence as Serena Williams. She's rude, disrespectful and downright nasty.

Take for instance this time, when she told the line judge that she would shove the tennis ball down her "fk'n" throat and kill her:

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_ra...

Look at this comment she made in public about Maria Sharapova:

"There are people who live, breathe and dress tennis. I mean, seriously, give it a rest." Serena exits the car and the conversation moves on to a top-five player who is now in love. "She begins every interview with 'I'm so happy. I'm so lucky'– it's so boring," says Serena in a loud voice. "She's still not going to be invited to the cool parties. And, hey, if she wants to be with the guy with a black heart, go for it." (An educated guess is she's talking about Sharapova, who is now dating Grigor Dimitrov, one of Serena's rumored exes.)

Most recently Williams showed her character with her actions following a loss to Sloane Stephens. See below:

Sloane Stephens is breaking her silence about her relationship with Serena Williams and as it turns out, the young tennis star hopeful doesnÂ’t see Serena as the kind hearted athlete that is always seen in the media.

Sloane sat down with ESPN The Magazine after becoming the youngest person to ever defeat Williams on the court and while she should be celebrating her historic victory, it seems as if her “mentor” is raining all over her parade.

Ever since that fateful day at the Australian Open quarterfinals, Stephens claims that the famous tennis star has not spoken to her.

“She’s not said one word to me, not spoken to me, not said hi, not looked my way, not been in the same room with me since I played her in Australia,” Stephens told the magazine.

As if the cold shoulder wasnÂ’t enough to get the point across, Serena also unfollowed her on Twitter and deleted her from BlackBerry Messenger.

“Like, seriously! People should know,” the 20-year-old tennis star said.“They think she’s so friendly and she’s so this and she’s so that – no, that’s not reality! You don’t unfollow someone on Twitter, delete them off of BlackBerry Messenger. I mean, what for? Why?”

The loss really seemed to get under WilliamsÂ’ skin and a tweet posted not too long after the game is rumored to be aimed at Sloane.

“I made you,” the 31-year-old tennis star tweeted shortly after unfollowing Stephens.

Yup, WHOLE LOT OF CLASS THERE!

And some more of the more "classless" comments from Williams:

"She had a lot of lucky shots; sheÂ’s a good framer,"[after getting tortured by StosurÂ’s forehand]

"I always believe the match is on my racket. I think every time I lose is because of me, not because of the other person."

"Honestly, I lost because of me, and not because of anything she did."

"I just think she made a lot of lucky shots and I made a lot of errors,"[after getting humbled by Henin at the US Open]

Williams may enter the win column numerous time when it comes to tennis, but when it come down to class and respect..........she's a monumental failure.
I am glad you are a perfect person. It must be awesome live in a glass castle on top of the mountain you live on. Maybe you need to be America's role model. With your judgmental ass. Your a complete failure also as a human being.
Common Sense

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you are a perfect person. It must be awesome live in a glass castle on top of the mountain you live on. Maybe you need to be America's role model. With your judgmental ass. Your a complete failure also as a human being.
Listen up, dipshit, the person I responded to implied that williams was a class act. I merely provided numerous examples proving that wasn't the case. Now, why don't you go and have dinner and take a nice big bite of gofkyourself and shove it down your throat.
Common Sense

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

WMCOL wrote:
Who on her level conducts themselves better than her?
Relative to sportsmanship???? Anyone with an ounce of sense would say every woman in the WTA. Her behavior is an embarrassment. It's a shame too. She has enough talent to win without the asinine and obvious attempts to intimidate other players.
Common Sense

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay couples can get married but racism still exist.
Well why don't you go get married then and STFU.

BTW, is English a second language for you or are you just ignorant?
bruce

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>Well why don't you go get married then and STFU.

No but you are a rude ass. What are you talking about you get married. Why don't you get a clue and show some class. This is not a English class you tactless ass! It' s a forum and if you can not comprehend then do not reply.
bruce

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>Well why don't you go get married then and STFU.

It's funny how some as vulgar as you talk about class. You are a embarrassment to the human race. You put someone down to sound important but you are less than a man. A Internet bully who would never say a thing to someone face , you coward!
Common Sense

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how some as vulgar as you talk about class. You are a embarrassment to the human race. You put someone down to sound important but you are less than a man. A Internet bully who would never say a thing to someone face , you coward!
Awww, ya poor little pansyass prick! Like to dish it out but can't take it.

BTW, in addition to whoopin' your ass in writing, I'd do the same thing to your punkass in person.

Now, go make yourself useful and find some windows to lick.
Common Sense

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a English class you tactless ass! It' s a forum and if you can not comprehend then do not reply.
Translation: Yeah, I'm a dumb bastich who can barely put a sentence together. BTW, shitforbrains, that would be "an" English class. Poor, barely literate mfk'r!

Go the fk back to school!
bruce

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>Translation: Yeah, I'm a dumb bastich who can barely put a sentence together. BTW, shitforbrains, that would be "an" English class. Poor, barely literate mfk'r!

Well you better join because the only thing you know is profanity. Go kiss your mother with that mouth. She raised a scholar here , go take one for the team.
bruce

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>Translation: Yeah, I'm a dumb bastich who can barely put a sentence together. BTW, shitforbrains, that would be "an" English class. Poor, barely literate mfk'r!

If profanity is English then you win it hands down. I bet your mom is proud of u.
bruce

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>Awww, ya poor little pansyass prick! Like to dish it out but can't take it.

BTW, in addition to whoopin' your ass in writing, I'd do the same thing to your punkass in person.

Now, go make yourself useful and find some windows to lick.
Go suck a d-ck like you been doing. Your all talk , like I said Internet punk anytime you little biatch! I know punks like u all day and you ain't sh-t.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••