NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. unleashes profanity during Darlington news conference

May 8, 2009 Full story: blogs.orlandosentinel.com 54

From the Daytona 500 to the season finale and beyond, look here for the laters NASCAR news and analysis from the Orlando Sentinel.

Full Story
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#22 May 9, 2009
stratmn69 wrote:
This is just a case of the reporter Tania Ganguli being pissy because Jr didn't answer her the way she wanted. So instead of being a professional she trys to rip him apart in the media.
Actually, this is the sign of a frustrated driver, a driver who knows that he is in a bad situation and it is getting no better. Everybody in the racing world knows that Joonyer needs to have a crew and or crew chief change to see if he has the ability to win. I believe that Joonyer would be happy to run just as he is running, HOWEVER, the expectations of NASCAR, the Joonyer fans and Mr. Big (AZZ) Rick Hendrick is forcing a change that Joonyer does not want. Mr.(Please do not put me in Jail) Hendrick has such a giant sized Ego that he thinks he is THE MAN who can get Joonyer the championship. The Joonyer Nation wants to think that Joonyer is the engine driving NASCAR and demands that Joonyer be on the front page on a daily basis. NASCAR sees in the narrow rounded shoulders of this near do well red head the possibility of Keeping the Earnhardt name alive and milking it for all it's worth.

I say, allow Joonyer to be what he has always been a somewhat lazy young man with little ambition, other than being the son of a great driver, and allow him to party with his friends, keep family and built in excuses for not winning like Tony Jr. and do not force him to be something he is not cut out to be. A constant winner and champion.
Howdy

Buckhannon, WV

#23 May 9, 2009
He needs a new crew chief, its been proven him and Tony Jr just cant get along. I agree with Jr you dont jump to another driver just because the one you support is having a bad yr, You stick by your driver 100%.

Since: Jul 08

Watseka, IL

#24 May 9, 2009
Howdy wrote:
He needs a new crew chief, its been proven him and Tony Jr just cant get along. I agree with Jr you dont jump to another driver just because the one you support is having a bad yr, You stick by your driver 100%.
I agree. I was wondering where you were! How ya been?

“Just try me!”

Since: May 09

Victoria, TX

#25 May 9, 2009
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been good, how about you?
Are you the Lisa that Jrh8er wants to be roommates with? Just curious. I don't really know anyone on here.
claire 99

Gaylord, MI

#27 May 9, 2009
Jr Sucks wrote:
Geez this is news? This guy will do anything to get mentioned. Of course, he don't care if he wins so long as morons keep making him Most Popular Driver. What a waste of space.
Jr doesn't ask the media to come rush over to him when he climbs out of his car. It's the media who makes a big deal out of EVERYTHING he does. The poor man can't even take a p*ss with out it making news. It's time to back off and let him do what he has to do without having a mic shoved in his face everytime he turns around. All you people who complain about how popular he is, well it is the MEDIAS fault, they made it that way!! Yes, it probably is the name, but he was born an Earnhardt and will always be an Earnhardt, he can't change that!!! It's people like you who keep him the Most Popular Driver, because you continue to talk about him, good or bad.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#28 May 9, 2009
Howdy wrote:
You got it. Jimmie ain't doing so good right now (and thats putting it mildly) but I'll always be a fan. I like several other drivers too but he's my all time fav. A true fan doesn't jump ship when the waters get rough. JMO

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

#29 May 9, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, this is the sign of a frustrated driver, a driver who knows that he is in a bad situation and it is getting no better. Everybody in the racing world knows that Joonyer needs to have a crew and or crew chief change to see if he has the ability to win. I believe that Joonyer would be happy to run just as he is running, HOWEVER, the expectations of NASCAR, the Joonyer fans and Mr. Big (AZZ) Rick Hendrick is forcing a change that Joonyer does not want. Mr.(Please do not put me in Jail) Hendrick has such a giant sized Ego that he thinks he is THE MAN who can get Joonyer the championship. The Joonyer Nation wants to think that Joonyer is the engine driving NASCAR and demands that Joonyer be on the front page on a daily basis. NASCAR sees in the narrow rounded shoulders of this near do well red head the possibility of Keeping the Earnhardt name alive and milking it for all it's worth.
I say, allow Joonyer to be what he has always been a somewhat lazy young man with little ambition, other than being the son of a great driver, and allow him to party with his friends, keep family and built in excuses for not winning like Tony Jr. and do not force him to be something he is not cut out to be. A constant winner and champion.
Actually, Voice of Stupidity, it's not necessarily a sign of a frustrated driver. In 2004 Jr. was fined for cursing after a win. It's just Jr.'s way and if you don't like it mute the tv or radio when he's being interviewed. I like it. It shows that he is saying "this is who I am and I don't care what ya'll think". H*ll yea Jr.!!!
claire 99

Gaylord, MI

#30 May 9, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>You got it. Jimmie ain't doing so good right now (and thats putting it mildly) but I'll always be a fan. I like several other drivers too but he's my all time fav. A true fan doesn't jump ship when the waters get rough. JMO
I also agree, 100%. If you are a true fan, you stick with your driver through good and bad. Everyone expected that when Jr went to Hendrick, he was going to win alot the first couple of years. He did well by making the chase last year. So, he's not doing well this year, but that doesn't mean he can't turn it around and salvage a good rest of the year. I do have faith in him and I will stick by him!!!!

United States

#31 May 9, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>You got it. Jimmie ain't doing so good right now (and thats putting it mildly) but I'll always be a fan. I like several other drivers too but he's my all time fav. A true fan doesn't jump ship when the waters get rough. JMO
I would trade places with Jimmie right now. LOL. He has a win. Some of wreck of his yesterday. Be intersting to see how he and old Chad will get up to the front tonight.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#32 May 9, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
I would trade places with Jimmie right now. LOL. He has a win. Some of wreck of his yesterday. Be intersting to see how he and old Chad will get up to the front tonight.
Oh yeal. Going to be most interesting to say the least. As long as its an HMS driver that takes the win or Tony S.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

D-burg

#33 May 9, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeal. Going to be most interesting to say the least. As long as its an HMS driver that takes the win or Tony S.
I'm thinking Jr. top ten and Gordon wins. I'm excited though because Darlington always has some good racing{and wrecking}. Go get em JR.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#34 May 9, 2009
AJlovesJR wrote:
<quoted text> I'm thinking Jr. top ten and Gordon wins. I'm excited though because Darlington always has some good racing{and wrecking}. Go get em JR.
At this point anyone but Kyle. Oh sh*t I'm going to pay for that comment I'm sure. lol.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#35 May 9, 2009
AJlovesJR wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Voice of Stupidity, it's not necessarily a sign of a frustrated driver. In 2004 Jr. was fined for cursing after a win. It's just Jr.'s way and if you don't like it mute the tv or radio when he's being interviewed. I like it. It shows that he is saying "this is who I am and I don't care what ya'll think". H*ll yea Jr.!!!
You just got to love these dried up old girls who need this phantom hero to replace something missing from their real lives. Is Joonyer winning? Is Joonyer a threat for the championship? Is the Joonyer team in disarray both on track and during pit stops? Is Joonyer a more competitive driver than he was in the 2004 season? I can not help if the truth hurts, Joonyer is an average to bit above average driver who has always had superior equipment and has not gotten the most out of it. This is not only my opinion, it is the opinion of many NASCAR insiders who are beginning to question Joonyer and his place and dedication to racing.

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#36 May 9, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You just got to love these dried up old girls who need this phantom hero to replace something missing from their real lives. Is Joonyer winning? Is Joonyer a threat for the championship? Is the Joonyer team in disarray both on track and during pit stops? Is Joonyer a more competitive driver than he was in the 2004 season? I can not help if the truth hurts, Joonyer is an average to bit above average driver who has always had superior equipment and has not gotten the most out of it. This is not only my opinion, it is the opinion of many NASCAR insiders who are beginning to question Joonyer and his place and dedication to racing.
I think AJ is a little too obsessed with Junior. JMHO.
over88ted

AOL

#37 May 9, 2009
instead of looking for a new crew or crew chief, he should look for some talent. maybe with all diecast car sales he could pay kyle busch for some lessons. he blows. learn it, love it, and get over it.
i cant wait to hear the excuses for his lack of talent this race. its like waiting for christmas morning as a child.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

D-burg

#38 May 9, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is missing in my life. So now you are trying to imply you are a Nascar insider? lol If he didn't want to race he would take his money and disappear and wouldn't bother showing up every week. There is more to Jr. not winning than just Jr.'s talent.
WWE NASCAR

Newtown, CT

#40 May 9, 2009
Hey Jr why don't you shut the F up and drive?
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#41 May 9, 2009
AJlovesJR wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing is missing in my life. So now you are trying to imply you are a Nascar insider? lol If he didn't want to race he would take his money and disappear and wouldn't bother showing up every week. There is more to Jr. not winning than just Jr.'s talent.
Actually to be an insider all one has to do is to be involved with racing on a local level. We deal with Stock Car Products every week and they set up the rear gears for many teams and talk with people from these teams on a daily basis. One also only has to listen to Darrel Waltrip who is starting to talk about the problems Joonyer is having and what he must do to fix them. Even hack driver and TV personality Kenny Wallace has made statements about the lack of performance with the #88. You also only have to look at a HMS press release picture when they ask all HMS drivers with a win this year to stand and Joonyer is still sitting. Joonyer is, to this point in the season a bust, plain and simple, the stats, lack of up front running and problems with pit stops define this. Rick Hendrick wants to replace Tony Jr. as crew chief and Joonyer keeps defending him and wants him to stay, I guess Joonyer is happy being the only non winner at HMS.

Gosh, this year he is the NASCAR version of Danica Patrick, both are the weak driver in strong organizations.

Watseka, IL

#42 May 9, 2009
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think AJ is a little too obsessed with Junior. JMHO.
You're a good one to talk.

Watseka, IL

#43 May 9, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeal. Going to be most interesting to say the least. As long as its an HMS driver that takes the win or Tony S.
Yep, any of those five will be good with me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) 33 min Avant 52
Cuba and the Ghosts in America's Backyard 3 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 18
Was Adrian Peterson wrong to punish his child w... 3 hr FDG 827
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Trojan 28,453
'Twas The Night Before Cub Christmas 8 hr EARL SCOTT 1
Keidel: Aaron Rodgers Is The Greatest Quarterba... 10 hr Mensa2 Diarrhea Flow 36
Patriots Clinch Top Seed In AFC 10 hr Nicks Christmas D... 8
More from around the web