New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possi...

New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at Safety?

There are 29 comments on the MusketFire story from Nov 12, 2013, titled New England Patriots: Ed Reed A Possibility at Safety?. In it, MusketFire reports that:

Sep 22, 2013; Baltimore, MD, USA; Houston Texans safety Ed Reed walks off the field prior to the game against the Baltimore Ravens at M With the news that the Houston Texans are set to release safety Ed Reed , is it possible that the New England Patriots could give Reed a serious look? The answer is a resounding yes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MusketFire.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#23 Nov 19, 2013
I think the Bills smoking the Jets with Ed Reed pretty much answered the question if he could still play or not. Kind of reminded me of all the talk about Teblow replacing Brady. Although Brady's last pass last night was Teblow-esque
Dave

La Palma, CA

#24 Nov 20, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
I think the Bills smoking the Jets with Ed Reed pretty much answered the question if he could still play or not. Kind of reminded me of all the talk about Teblow replacing Brady. Although Brady's last pass last night was Teblow-esque
Agree Reed is on his last legs. Reminds me of the phrase...he may not be as good as he once was, but he is as good once as he ever was. Wonder which game he will step up for. He may only have one more left. If Jets make the post season look for Ed to have one good game. However Brady is likely to have many good to great games left. Brady already in the top five of many QB categories. If he plays one more year good chance he will be in the top five in every single one.
Third Coast

United States

#25 Dec 14, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
I think John Lynch would also be excellent
but Steve Atwater would be killer
While you are at it why not Ronnie Lott?
LMAO!!!! Ed Reed is 35 years old playing like he's 55 and the Patriots are giving him a "serious look?" HAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Dave

La Palma, CA

#26 Dec 15, 2013
Brady puts on show for yet another comeback and Amendola drops game winning pass. Then TE has ball go through his hands for yet another screwup and lost TD to hand Pats a loss. Don't know how Brady can put up with such incompetence. Earlier in the game his receivers dropped at least three passes to further frustrate what should be clearly the best QB of our time. Belichick has got to be the biggest idiot because he gives Brady no one to catch his passes. Wow, some genius. New England will never win the big one despite having Brady as long as Belichick refuses to make getting receivers a priority.
Dave

La Palma, CA

#27 Dec 15, 2013
The problem with QBR was made clear today when Brady first hit Amendola for the game winning TD only to have Amendola drop the ball. Then Brady hit his TE on the next play for what should have been the game winning TD but the ball went right through the TEs hands. Finally Brady gets credited with an interception on his last chance when under pressure despite throwing what should have been a TD. He also gets credited with two incompletions when he did nothing to deserve an incompletion. If QBR enthusiasts want QBR to mean anything, the system has to take into account not just what the stats actually are but how the QBs actually performed so as not to give no credit for two TDs yet credit for an INT that wouldn't have been had either TD pass been caught. If Brady was on any team with reasonable receivers or a coach who wasn't focused on defense and clueless on offense, Brady would be not just the better QB in the Peyton debate, but it would be a clear cut knockout. Way to go Belichick. Without Brady you are still a losing coach. Brady is the reason the Pats win. Too bad Belichick is dead weight Brady has to pull along to get those wins. Any coach worth a damn should be able to figure out that a top notch QB would excel with some good wide outs. Somebody P-L-E-A-S-E tell that to the so called genius Belichick and push him to get Brady route runners who can get separation and catch. He is wasting a greatness not likely to be seen again in our lifetime. Idiots.
KC IS A JOKE

United States

#28 Jan 3, 2014
Ed Reed is 35 and played for the Texans like he's 65. Then they cut the old fart and gave him 6 million dollars. Brilliant.
Yakov Smirnov

Denver, CO

#29 Jan 3, 2014
KC IS A JOKE wrote:
Ed Reed is 35 and played for the Texans like he's 65. Then they cut the old fart and gave him 6 million dollars. Brilliant.
WHAT A COUNTRY !!!!!
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

#30 May 14, 2014
Other possibilities at safety for the Patriots: Jim Thorpe, Knute Rockne, and King Tut.
Flatulence Fred

Houston, TX

#31 Jul 31, 2014
Flatulism

"Roni
Veteran Member

I almost ALWAYS wear light days just for this reason. Otherwise, I'd go through too many underwear."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Which candidates get donations from ballplayers? 7 hr El Cacique 4
News Is Girardi's Time Running Out? 13 hr El Cacique 5
News Here's how Nate Boyer got Colin Kaepernick to g... 16 hr concerned proctol... 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Tue Chosen Traveler 32,404
News Former Dallas player Greg Hardy arrested on coc... Tue Cypress High 2
News Chargers' Te'o out for season with torn Achille... Tue Teed Off 2
News Cleveland Browns Release Quarterback Johnny Man... (Mar '16) Tue Fintarded 9
More from around the web