Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson: The NF...

Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson: The NFL's best connection

There are 132 comments on the LombardiAve story from Jul 4, 2014, titled Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson: The NFL's best connection. In it, LombardiAve reports that:

NFL Network last night announced the number 11-20 selections for The Top 100 Players of 2014 , resulting in, once again, some head-scratching and head shaking, especially when it came to the announcement that Green Bay Packers ' quarterback Aaron Rodgers was placed at numbr 11. This ranking, put together by the players, has become the bane of many ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LombardiAve.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#122 Jul 24, 2014
eric wrote:
<quoted text>Like i said,ill give you Marshall but no,i have to disagree with you,Jeffrey is not as good as Nelson,but, we have the difference maker,we have Rodgers and you have Cutler.Funny part is,up until this year GB was 4 or 5 deep,,this year ( Nelson,Cobb and Boykin) they are at least 3 deep and Adams ( 2nd rounder out of Fresno State,Abbridaris ( UW) and Janis ( a late rounder with tons of talent) are rookies nad have to prove themselves but the way GB drafts WR,it would not shock anyone that 2 of the 3 above work out nicely.
Nelson doesn't have the talent or physical trats Jeffry has.
eric

Monroe, WI

#123 Jul 24, 2014
Really? your kidding right?
eric

Monroe, WI

#124 Jul 24, 2014
Nelson is clutch,absolutely clucth
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#125 Jul 24, 2014
eric wrote:
Really? your kidding right?
nope.hes not better than Marshall or Jeffry
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#126 Jul 24, 2014
Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> you mean 13 wins this decade, and have proudly in the lead for 92 years. 92yr rivalry the Bears lead in wins against the packers and will enjoy keeping the tradition going this year.Did aron Rodgers marry his boyfriend yet?
No. I mean the one and only pathetic Bear win this decade when the perennial losers barely squeaked out a win versus our backup QB. But I understand your desire to rewrite history. If my team was like the Bears and only won one significant game in the last five decades, I might be tempted to lie just as you are doing. ROFLMAO BTW do you think Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson will continue to dominate the rest of this decade? Or will some other team eventually put together a QB/WR combo worth more than a wet fart? What team will that be? The Lions seem the most likely candidate. What do you think?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#127 Jul 24, 2014
Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> nope.hes not better than Marshall or Jeffry
It doesn't matter as long as Cutler is the Bears QB and Rodgers is the Packer QB. BTW did you get the trophy made yet? You certainly had enough time during the Bears exceptionally long offseason!
Bridgewater and Jennings

Houston, TX

#128 Jul 24, 2014
A QB/WR combo worth a wet fart..
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

#129 Aug 3, 2014
eric wrote:
<quoted text>Your mistaking excuses for facts.When you have more WR and spread the ball out,everyone gets catches,,when your Chicago and use less WR,each one will have more catches simple as that,,not to mention i need no excuses, GB has got the best of Chicago and will until Chicago beats them
I've been on vacation for a week in beautiful Colorado. See things haven't changed on Topix with our dillusional Bears fans.
eric

Monroe, WI

#130 Aug 3, 2014
I noticed you were gone..How was your vacation?.We are going on vacation as soon as things settle down.Ive never been to Colorado but i do hear its pretty country out there.
Pretty soon its put up or shut up time for everyone and we will see how it pans out but i do like GB chances.
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

#131 Aug 4, 2014
eric wrote:
I noticed you were gone..How was your vacation?.We are going on vacation as soon as things settle down.Ive never been to Colorado but i do hear its pretty country out there.
Pretty soon its put up or shut up time for everyone and we will see how it pans out but i do like GB chances.
Vacation was great! I would highly recommend a trip to Colorado because the Rocky Mountains are spectacular. It is time to put up or shut up. I expect the NFC North to be a dog fight and any of the 4 teams could win it. The team that worries me the most is Detroit. They have very good personnel and if they get it together I see them possibly giving a run at the division. However, I believe, the Packers are still the team to beat.
eric

Monroe, WI

#133 Aug 4, 2014
Packer Backer WichitaKs wrote:
<quoted text>Vacation was great! I would highly recommend a trip to Colorado because the Rocky Mountains are spectacular. It is time to put up or shut up. I expect the NFC North to be a dog fight and any of the 4 teams could win it. The team that worries me the most is Detroit. They have very good personnel and if they get it together I see them possibly giving a run at the division. However, I believe, the Packers are still the team to beat.
I agree 100%..Detroit's best move was getting rid of Schwartz and that prob. bought them a few wins right there as they were grossly undisiplined..
I dont keep a blind eye on Minnesota either. their record wasnt to good last year BUT, they lost a handful of games by a few pts and some of that was inexperieince and some was dumb luck,So i would suspect esp with Cassel at qb they would be an improved team for sure ( ive given up on Ponder,i fiqured with Peterson back there,,good TE play and a good WR,Ponder would have some success,,just manage the damn game but,i missed on that one appearently)
I still say ( to much of the disagreement with my friend PH)( Sorry kid,,i dont say it to bust your stones,,i am serious nad its just an opinion of course) BUT as long as they have Cutler at qb,they wont win shit, Their only playoff win under Cutler was beating NO in 2010 in Chicago when N.O. lost how many road playoff games in a row.I cant see Cutler growing up and learning how to beat teams with winning records as he is prob. darn close to 30 by now and certainly not a rookie..Great WRs, Great RB, a very good TE,an average or so oline ( not as good or bad as GB,) and a great defense ( up until last years injury riddled season) and Cutler hasnt done shit,So,until he does,you really cant fiqure any different.
Contrary to what P.H. may think,,i dont hate Cutler,not at all,I think hes overated,Certainly but i dont hate the guy,i just dont think he is a very good qb. GB SHOULD have a better defense ( we say that alot but it never seems to get better BUT. last year GB was a top 10 defense until all the injuries caught up to them) Peppers i think is a good change up to Neal and can play some DE as well ( although merely a shadow of his prime self,,i hope he doesnt take plays off as well,like he did in college,then in Carolina then in Chicago last year and im hoping he is so pissed at the Bears that he puts it on the field with effort every play all year,we will see about that of course BUT when you can land Peppers for 3.5M,why not)Casey Hayward ( if stays healthy) should add a TON to the secondary and Hyde ( playing safety in practice and ahead of C-D so far ( not surprising as C-D is a rookie) but that helps as well..and in reality GB only has to improve a few spots ( from the upper 30s low 20s rank on Defense to upper 20 should be more then good enough) the only thing that bothers me slightly is game 1 in Seattle as rookies go but they will learn real quick vs a great team like Seattle and competition makes teams better.
Spielman

Houston, TX

#134 Aug 4, 2014
eric wrote:
<quoted text>I
... they have Cutler.... under Cutler.... see Cutler... and Cutler... i dont hate Cutler....,.
If you say Cuntler one more time he will magically appear in your underwear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 44 min Trojan 35,805
News Matt Kenseth returning to NASCAR 1 hr GridPhartse 4
News Predicting The Vikings 2018 Record 4 hr Fart Breakfast 6
News Easton students can get in pools for free -- wi... (Jul '09) 12 hr We phartse 12
Redick (76ers): Duke/NBA Threat(*) 15 hr Threat phartse 2
News Lance Stephenson is one NBA bad guy you can't h... 17 hr No PHARTSE 6
News Yankees need to shake things up beginning with ... 18 hr Whats Phartse 6