NASCAR's Jimmie Johnson cancels Aubur...

NASCAR's Jimmie Johnson cancels Auburn appearance

There are 4 comments on the WSFA-TV Montgomery story from Apr 1, 2014, titled NASCAR's Jimmie Johnson cancels Auburn appearance. In it, WSFA-TV Montgomery reports that:

Six-time NASCAR Spring Cup Series Champion Jimmie Johnson was supposed to make an appearance Thursday in Auburn, but has canceled the event due to an untimely death in the family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSFA-TV Montgomery.

Karen Laule

Leander, TX

#1 Apr 1, 2014
Jimmie & family, so sorry about the death in your family. My families prayers are with you.
lets see

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Apr 2, 2014
it will be very interesting to see what kind of family man he really is. he should not be at the race track this weekend. his wife & family needs him. but he is too arrogant , he will not miss a race. not a real family man.
Lets go racing

Orlando, FL

#3 Apr 3, 2014
lets see wrote:
it will be very interesting to see what kind of family man he really is. he should not be at the race track this weekend. his wife & family needs him. but he is too arrogant , he will not miss a race. not a real family man.
I don't know about you but where I work we get 3 days of bereavement. Even though every one of us would like to take endless time off to greeve, in reality we all have to continue on with our normal life. There is nothing wrong with Jimmie doing his job. Just like there was nothing wrong with Darryl & Michael Waltrip being back to work last weekend when their brother passed away the Sunday before.
nacarracefan

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 4, 2014
I agree with other comments. If you are a regular working joe, then yes, you only have so many days off for family deaths. but If you are a billionaire then what or whom matters the most. your job racing or your family. I would think he would love his wife soo much, he would be there to support her. the young mans funeral is next week, the Waltrips funeral was on a Wednesday so they had time to report to work on Saturday. I never thought he was much a family man...
he puts on show sometimes. but is not with them a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 min Trojan 34,836
News Tony Stewart wants back in a NASCAR Xfinity car... 1 hr Manic bitch 19
News Colin Kaepernick named GQ magazine's citizen of... 6 hr Raider Fart GQ 16
News Trump: NFL should suspend Oakland Raidersa Mars... 6 hr Raider like farts 2
News Yankees Rumors: Alex Cobb choosing between two ... 10 hr Choosing Pharts 2
News Patriots-Raiders: Beware of the resurgent and e... 23 hr Farted Raiders 4
News Wife Of NFL Player Claims Raiders Let Derek Car... 23 hr Farted Raiders 12
More from around the web