San Francisco 49ers vs. Green Bay Packers: Breaking Down Green Bay's Game Plan

Jan 2, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

It's all come down to this one game between the San Francisco 49ers and the Green Bay Packers .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PackerBacker

Fond Du Lac, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Just the simple fact that you 49er fans and players are even talking about the weather just goes to show it's going to affect you. Also, you all believe the Packers are a push over, and you think you're going to win. All I can say to that is, don't be so sure. Rodgers and the Packers are a whole different beast now.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

PackerBacker wrote:
Just the simple fact that you 49er fans and players are even talking about the weather just goes to show it's going to affect you. Also, you all believe the Packers are a push over, and you think you're going to win. All I can say to that is, don't be so sure. Rodgers and the Packers are a whole different beast now.
You have no defense so yeah, unlike last year when Kaep was seen out-running Hawke and Matthews now it will seem like he's doing wind sprints by himself. Keep pounding the Schmidts

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

PackerBacker wrote:
You're right and I'm a diehard 9er fan. The Packers are playing with nothing to lose at their home in a climate they're used to. This is a very dangerous game for my 9ers seeing as we're expected to go deep in the playoffs or back to the SB. Hopefully we do not take this game lightly based on past outcomes.

That being said, there isn't another team in the NFC more dangerous and capable of beating GB at their home than the 9ers as we travel pretty well.

The NFL really needs to do away with this playoff format IMO and it needs to reward teams that have a better record instead of making a 12-4 9er team to have to play at 8-7-1 GB. Let's not even get into the fact that Arizona should be in the playoffs with a 10-6 record in arguably the toughest division in the entire NFL over the Packers who won in a very weak division but we'll see just how weak the Packers are now. This will be one helluva game. I see my 9ers winning in a close one.

Good luck PackerBacker!
Jimbo

Alamo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

At least the Packers have enough tape on the read option to see how other teams have approached them.
8-7-1 against 12-4..Edge niners..hope I am wrong.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>

The NFL really needs to do away with this playoff format IMO and it needs to reward teams that have a better record instead of making a 12-4 9er team to have to play at 8-7-1 GB. Let's not even get into the fact that Arizona should be in the playoffs with a 10-6 record in arguably the toughest division in the entire NFL over the Packers who won in a very weak division but we'll see just how weak the Packers are now.
The format is fine and it will remain as long as there are divisions. Otherwise why have divisions? And do I need to remind you of the Seattle Seahawks? Everybody said the same kind of nonsense when they made the playoffs with a LOSING record one year. Then they won their first playoff game and people stopped with the nonsense. Winning a division must count for something! It always has and it always will. If the 49ers or any other team that finished behind a team in their division doesn't like it, they can try winning their division! Why the heck should the 49ers or Saints (for example) get to play at home like the Seahawks or Panthers?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

The wildcard teams should consider themselves lucky that the NFL allows them to make the playoffs. With NO wildcard teams the NFL would have 8 playoff teams. That is 25% of the teams in the NFL. That really is sufficient. There is no reason , other than to raise more revenue, to have more than 1/3 of all of the teams make the playoffs. And I say that knowing full well that the Packers wouldn't have made it into the playoffs for their last Super Bowl win if that was the case. The Packers were fortunate that the NFL has so many wildcard teams. Better to have a chance playing on the road than no chance at all.
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Judged:

GBPfan wrote:
The wildcard teams should consider themselves lucky that the NFL allows them to make the playoffs. With NO wildcard teams the NFL would have 8 playoff teams. That is 25% of the teams in the NFL. That really is sufficient. There is no reason , other than to raise more revenue, to have more than 1/3 of all of the teams make the playoffs. And I say that knowing full well that the Packers wouldn't have made it into the playoffs for their last Super Bowl win if that was the case. The Packers were fortunate that the NFL has so many wildcard teams. Better to have a chance playing on the road than no chance at all.
ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!!
slacker lose

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Judged:

Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!!
Best game when the slackers lose. Great to see that town fail, now off to the ice houses and liquor stores, there is nothing left to do in the meat packing city.
PackerHacker

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Judged:

PackerBacker wrote:
Great TRUE statement:

GREEN BAY, Wis.-- San Francisco 49ers right tackle Anthony Davis tweeted disparaging words about Appleton, Wis., on Saturday night before the team's 23-20 win against the Green Bay Packers in the NFC wild-card round.

Davis tweeted that former pro wrestler Ric Flair was addressing the 49ers in a meeting Saturday night at their team hotel in Appleton.

"Nature Boy Ric Flair flew into this s---hole to show us some love," Davis tweeted.

After receiving unhappy responses to his initial tweet about Appleton, Davis took to Twitter once again to disparage the town.

"Ok everybody that strongly disagrees w me can you defend your argument on this place not being a s---hole? lol btw that is not Rhetorical," Davis tweeted.

Teams visiting the Packers routinely stay in Appleton, which is about 30 miles from Green Bay.
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Judged:

Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!!
I find it extremely funny that a chicken**** like you only comes out when the Packers fail. I am not here to stick up for GBPfan in any way, but you need to crawl back under your rock until the Bears actually prove something, like, making the playoffs. ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY ASS OFF at you poor, pathetic Bears fan. What a joke!
Number 4 in purple

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Judged:

Packer Backer WichitaKs wrote:
<quoted text>I find it extremely funny that a chicken**** like you only comes out when the Packers fail. I am not here to stick up for GBPfan in any way, but you need to crawl back under your rock until the Bears actually prove something, like, making the playoffs. ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY ASS OFF at you poor, pathetic Bears fan. What a joke!
Is she from KS ? now these is a loser city - no wonder she follows losers like gb.
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Number 4 in purple wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she from KS ? now these is a loser city - no wonder she follows losers like gb.
Really? Coming from a Vikings fan I would expect nothing less. Viking and Bear fan's jealousy of the Green Bay Packers never ceases to amaze may. By the way, Wichita is a very nice place to live.
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Number 4 in purple wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, she is a he and I am wearing khakis. Sounds hideous doesn't it?
best game of the yr

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

slacker lose wrote:
<quoted text>
Best game when the slackers lose. Great to see that town fail, now off to the ice houses and liquor stores, there is nothing left to do in the meat packing city.
what do Vikings, Bears an Lions fans do when their team is off on a weekend, cheer for the team that is beating gb.

Great Monday in the NFL Central !!

HA HA HA, now sit back and read all these lame gb replies.
best game of the yr

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>Really? Coming from a Vikings fan I would expect nothing less. Viking and Bear fan's jealousy of the Green Bay Packers never ceases to amaze may. By the way, Wichita is a very nice place to live.
Wich a TA - sounds like the arm pit of the Midwest, oh sorry, that is gb.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

All Packer fans want to grow up to be pilots because they love the thought of hanging out in cockpits
your girl ar

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
All Packer fans want to grow up to be pilots because they love the thought of hanging out in cockpits
Is this a GREAT day or what !!

Enjoy all hacker slacker fans !!
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

best game of the yr wrote:
<quoted text>
Wich a TA - sounds like the arm pit of the Midwest, oh sorry, that is gb.
Funny coming from a fan of a team that has failed to win an NFL Super Bowl Championship 4, count'em, 4 times. And not even gonna sniff one in the foreseeable future.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

<quoted text>Funny coming from a fan of a team that has failed to win an NFL Super Bowl Championship 4, count'em, 4 times. And not even gonna sniff one in the foreseeable future.
He can't hear what you said
His ears are still ringing from the clang off the goalpost when they lost to Atlanta
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>He can't hear what you said
His ears are still ringing from the clang off the goalpost when they lost to Atlanta
LBF, for the first time, you made me laugh!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••