Tom Brady doesn't care what ESPN's stat nerds think

Jun 10, 2014 Full story: New York Post 49

Tom Brady only cares about one thing in football, and it has nothing to do with whether or not he's on the Mount Rushmore of quarterbacks.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mensan

Cypress, CA

#1 Jun 12, 2014
My concern about the ESPN stat nerds is that they don't follow the normal course run by true statistical analysts.
ESPN is more of a reporting agency that asks what will get the fans excited and therefore add to our bottom line so we can make even more money, than to honestly identify those areas that statistically identify the better players. Over the years, ESPN has clearly had facorites that have no tie in with actual statistical analysis. Their headliner, Peyton Manning gets the nod every year whether he deserves it or not. Of his 5 MVPs his stats say he should have rightly won the awars twice and arguably a third time with two of thise awards being gifts or cronyism. With ESPN it seems star power as it relates to money making prowess is of more concern than identifying a little know yet better player who will limit their cash flow.
Take last year, when front offices were polled and asked who was "most valuable", just shy of 90% chose Brady over Peyton. Yes, Peyton broke records but there is a big BUT involved.
Peyton had by far the most support, best receivers, top protection from Oline, weakest NFL schedule and playing at altitude only multiplied his advantages. BUT,of his 5477 yards, over 3500 of those yards were YAC meaning yards after catch, more a sign of great receivers than of quarterbacking. Peyton had a great record winning 13 games last year, BUT losing to 3 of 4 teams with winning records in the AFC also is a huge detractor for his being a great QB or MVP.
No doubt Peyton played very well, BUT the league went out of their was to show their bias towards Peyton by giving, yes giving him the passing yards record when he didn't actually earn it on the field. A backwards pas of 7 yards, acknowledged by the NFL as backwards should be subtracted from his total giving the record back to Brees, BUT the NFL is so Peyton supportive that they decreed by edict that his record stands. No favoritism here right, makes an honest person want to barf, throw up, puke. And the NFL and sports writers have done things to lift Peyton annually. One must wonder why he gets preferential treatment so frequently.
Like why did the refs, who are controlled by the league give a phantom pass interference call giving Manning the victory over San Diego in last year's playoffs? Or why did the refs mark a game winning first down short of the first down against the Pats the year Peyton won his oly SB?
Is Peyton the bastard child of the NFL so they manipulate things in his behalf only to see him flush it down the toilet with interceptions, fumbles and safeties come the big game?
Back to actual statistical analysis. Last year Brady had no receivers and a revolving door Oline and still had the 2nd best scoring offense. Additionally, Brady came back from several 4th quarter deficits including being down to Peyton by 24. Lastly, add in that Brady threw 2 TD passes that were both dropped. Either one being caught would have given Brady the top seed ahead of Peyton. Through no fault of his own Brady showed that he was far superior to Peyton, yet the cronyism annually found in the NFL and the Sports writing Industry puts up a Peyton facade.
Had Welker not intentionally taken out Talib in the playoffs, no doubt Peyton would have imploded in the 2nd half. As a result, he just imploded one game later.
Mensan

Cypress, CA

#2 Jun 12, 2014
To date I have written about Peyton's weaknesses and Topix won't print them. Then I wrote about Brady's strength and Topix won't print then. Most recently I wrote about the differences between the two QBs showing that Brady is clearly without peer or rival as stated by NFL Coaches, Front Office Personnel and Owners, but then buried by the press.. Why Manning is given adantages by the refs, the league and sports writers with an almost unbelievable bias year in and year out goes beyond fairness. Guess what, they won't print that either. Each comment was backed by example yet the media including this one protects Manning like an autistic child. It must mean something.
Cuckoos Nest feces

Miami, FL

#3 Jun 13, 2014
How can Topix even dream of censoring this self-proclaimed Mensan guy? He is like so mucking fart.
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#4 Jun 15, 2014
Cuckoos Nest feces wrote:
How can Topix even dream of censoring this self-proclaimed Mensan guy? He is like so mucking fart.
You dropped the "s".
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#5 Jun 15, 2014
Cuckoos Nest feces wrote:
Just because a guy gets a perfect or near perfect score on his SATs and GREs, and then turns that analytical skill into saving hundreds of millions for our government doesn't mean that Topix or anyone else won't use their own power to control the media in order to deliver their own agenda. If you have a viewpoint, put it out there. Maybe at least some of it will get through.
I have noticed that the guys from Cypress, La Palma, So Cal tend to put forth opinions backed by stats and sound debate explanations, which you may or may not agree with. Speak up as you see fit. Some others, like Denver and Miami use homophobic, sarcastic, vulgarities and forget to make a football related point, instead going on the personal attack mode. To each his own.
Let us know your opinions on the sports news of the day and the who, what, when, where, and why from your perspective. I Especially like whistle blowers with tie-ins to the media. We have got to keep them accountable.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#6 Jun 17, 2014
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
You dropped the "s".
you are always so smucking fart
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#7 Jun 18, 2014
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
you are always so smucking fart
Thanks for noticing. A Janitor's gotta do what a Janior's gotta do. Doesn't everyone love Dottie?
Since a Janitor has to clean up the filthiest of places, it only seemed the best name to correct the swill you, Denver, and Miami put out, devoid of analysis and filled with venom. If you guys ever decide to play it clean and accurate, I'd be out of a job. Never gonna happen. Not sure which one is harder for you.

Since: Jul 14

Orange, CA

#8 Jul 14, 2014
I totally agree with Brady's opion. He said:"You canít sit here and compare one year to another year or compare this player to that player,I think winning games is the most important thing, certainly for this organization. When you come here, you learn that pretty quickly. Whatever matters to you as an individual, itís far distant to what the team goals are. And the team goals are one thing ó to score more points than the other team." Many people like to compare these players, but they have forgotten, win the game is the most important thing.
Mensan

Cypress, CA

#9 Jul 14, 2014
cara murphy wrote:
I totally agree with Brady's opion. He said:"You canít sit here and compare one year to another year or compare this player to that player,I think winning games is the most important thing, certainly for this organization. When you come here, you learn that pretty quickly. Whatever matters to you as an individual, itís far distant to what the team goals are. And the team goals are one thing ó to score more points than the other team." Many people like to compare these players, but they have forgotten, win the game is the most important thing.
Cara, I don't know how long you have been a football fan but you put these guys to shame. You are one sharp lady. Winning is why teams play the game. Players who focus on stats or individual accolades often fail to win the games they need to. You know who we mean.

Orange, CA

#10 Jul 14, 2014
Mensan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cara, I don't know how long you have been a football fan but you put these guys to shame. You are one sharp lady. Winning is why teams play the game. Players who focus on stats or individual accolades often fail to win the games they need to. You know who we mean.
Not too long. It is just my personal opinion. I am sorry, i just want to be familiar with the other fans through the discussions, so i expressed my thought at here.Don't mind.
Tony

Cypress, CA

#11 Jul 16, 2014
cara murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too long. It is just my personal opinion. I am sorry, i just want to be familiar with the other fans through the discussions, so i expressed my thought at here.Don't mind.
Just wanted to drop a thank you for your photo. Awesome. Just saying what everyone else is thinking. Nice to see a lady that enjoys football, any sport for that matter.

Orange, CA

#12 Jul 16, 2014
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wanted to drop a thank you for your photo. Awesome. Just saying what everyone else is thinking. Nice to see a lady that enjoys football, any sport for that matter.
Thank you very much!!
Tony

Cypress, CA

#13 Jul 17, 2014
Problem with the Patriots is that they rely on Brady to do way too much of the heavy lifting and not enough from other players. Belichick needs to get Brady a tall fast good route running WR with hands. Someone who can take the top off of the defense which makes bigger windows for QBs to throw into to increase their completion percentage. Someone like Andre Johnson. Every halfway decent QB has one or more. Peyton has four. If Brady ever got one the Pats chances would dramatically increase. If he had two the Pats chances would be logrithmically better. If he had three, the NFL could cancel the season and just hand Brady the Lombardi. What is wrong with Belichick? For a guy who is tabbed the smartest coach in the league he sure has a void in that brilliance when it comes to the offense. Either that or he thinks so highly of Brady that he expects miracles on a regular basis like last years come from behind victories, especially that 24 point deficit Brady erased against Peyton in one quarter. Brady may be great but every QB needs someone on the other end of their passes to haul them in. If Belichick is a genius it sure isn't on the offensive side of the ball.
Kojack lollipop

Miami, FL

#14 Jul 18, 2014
Dollars to Safeway Donuts that Cara Murphy is yet another Cypresstard alter ego--this time, a "registered user" with a pic.

Belch..........
Tony

Cypress, CA

#15 Jul 18, 2014
Kojack lollipop wrote:
Dollars to Safeway Donuts that Cara Murphy is yet another Cypresstard alter ego--this time, a "registered user" with a pic.
Belch..........
Is the Miami sun baking your brains son? An idiot might be difficult to convince that multiple people can use the same keyboard, but if you check the IP address you would see she is not a club participant. Would have noticed someone with her exceptional presence, even if she was hanging on someone else's arm. Though she could be someone's daughter or better half commenting from home. That's possible since Orange is just a hop skip and a jump down the road. Someone in good shape could jog there. And shemdoes look like Zoey, very easy on the eyes. Still doesn't excuse you from being an idiot. Think you owe the lady an apology, if you are man enough.
Kojak lollipop

Miami, FL

#16 Jul 21, 2014
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Miami sun baking your brains son? An idiot might be difficult to convince that multiple people can use the same keyboard, but if you check the IP address you would see she is not a club participant. Would have noticed someone with her exceptional presence, even if she was hanging on someone else's arm. Though she could be someone's daughter or better half commenting from home. That's possible since Orange is just a hop skip and a jump down the road. Someone in good shape could jog there. And shemdoes look like Zoey, very easy on the eyes. Still doesn't excuse you from being an idiot. Think you owe the lady an apology, if you are man enough.
The Cypresstard online fantasy continues.....

Tom Brady would not be impressed.
Tony

Cypress, CA

#17 Jul 21, 2014
Kojak lollipop wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cypresstard online fantasy continues.....
Tom Brady would not be impressed.
Well at least we got that cleared up, you are not man enough to apologize o a lady you have bad mouthed. And your lack of manners remain.
Cypressly Retarded

Miami, FL

#18 Jul 22, 2014
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least we got that cleared up, you are not man enough to apologize o a lady you have bad mouthed. And your lack of manners remain.
To a lady.....you're wearing a dress when you post under "Cara Murphy"?

Maybe you can get your night nurse to wear a Tom Brady jersey.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#19 Jul 22, 2014
Cara is MensaJaniTard's desire to cross dress.
Hey Loser
Stop by Trindad Colorado and do the deed
Mensans

Cypress, CA

#20 Jul 22, 2014
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Cara is MensaJaniTard's desire to cross dress.
Hey Loser
Stop by Trindad Colorado and do the deed
Must admit I have no idea what you are referring to.
Sorry, you would know more about cross dressing than anyone we know. Still perverted we see.
Do a little research and we mean very very little. Cara is from Orange not Cypress. Who are the idiots now?
You also claim to be so sharp comparing writing styles. Most Mensans and generally well educated people we know have graduate degrees and many have more than one. They also tend to write with a focus on facts not emotion, so to the less intelligent they may appear to mimic each other. Hers is on a different wavelength.
Then there is her name. We know of no one who has ever taken the name of a teenage news headliner having difficulty. Check the INET. Your lack of education is showing. Chances are its a trillion to one more likely that she is a creation of yours. But for now I will accept that she is from Orange and you are from "deranged-ville". You can even check her IP address if you can't get your head around simpler proofs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peyton Manning the Greatest QB? 5 min Gary 54
Final 'In God We Trust' sign placed in Anderson (Sep '13) 59 min barnhater 50
Peyton Manning is Better Than Brady, Says Talib (May '14) 1 hr Bert 683
Why Elizabeth Warren would be a very dangerous ... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 106
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 28,237
Are the Dolphins the new favorite to win AFC East? 3 hr Nick 159
Toronto Pan Am Games security expected to cost ... 4 hr Lots cops on over... 1
ICYMI: Beckham's 1-handed grab; Pats-Pack on tap Tue Bob 11
Scary Fish Caught on Video for 1st Time Nov 24 Christaliban 1

Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE