Ranking The NFC North: First Place, T...

Ranking The NFC North: First Place, The Green Bay Packers

There are 2136 comments on the SidelionReport story from Jun 1, 2013, titled Ranking The NFC North: First Place, The Green Bay Packers. In it, SidelionReport reports that:

The NFC North has been one of the most competitive division in the NFL for the last three seasons with each team registering at least one 10 win season over that time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SidelionReport.

eric

Verona, WI

#2113 Nov 24, 2013
I was thinking on that one!
IF all teams ended up with 9 wins ( for example) GB would be 9-6-1,,,C and D would be 9-7 so GB wins it
OR
if they both stay 1 game on GB,,then C and D end up 9-7,,GB ends up 8-7-1 and Det wins it ( tie breaker with Chi)
it ( seems )can work either way.
This has been 1 fricked up season hasnt it?

FLynn had his starting job and his spot in the sun,,signed his 1 huge contract and got paid like it for a bit at least,GB is his 3rd or 4th team this year,SO, maybe Flynn realizes now,hes a legit backup and can still make a nice living as such. Its obvious,he knows the system ( although inexperience hurt them a bit) but i can see Flynn being in GB for the next few years for a cheap ( NFL Standards) contract but i can also see Scott Tolzien staying around for a while as a young qb and if GB can develop him,they can trade him away for a pick in a few years. I think Flynn can move the ball on Det but with now Hayward and no Shields ( GB best 2 corners) Calvin Johnson should have a monster day!...Det defense is much like Minn..Good front 7,,pretty weak secondary and can be thrown on...Sadly,we can only imagine the way Chi and Det are playing,,GB would prob. have the division rapped up if Aaron had not been injured.Oh well, thats life in the NFL and im sure many Bears fans are thinking if the Defense didnt lose Briggs,Melton,their great corner playing basically on one leg,they could have taken advantage of GB being really beat up and DET playing grossly inconsistent. Det is by far healthier then either C. or GB and prob. should be well ahead of both.( argument could be made for that as well)
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#2114 Nov 24, 2013
eric wrote:
I was thinking on that one!
IF all teams ended up with 9 wins ( for example) GB would be 9-6-1,,,C and D would be 9-7 so GB wins it
OR
if they both stay 1 game on GB,,then C and D end up 9-7,,GB ends up 8-7-1 and Det wins it ( tie breaker with Chi)
it ( seems )can work either way.
This has been 1 fricked up season hasnt it?
FLynn had his starting job and his spot in the sun,,signed his 1 huge contract and got paid like it for a bit at least,GB is his 3rd or 4th team this year,SO, maybe Flynn realizes now,hes a legit backup and can still make a nice living as such. Its obvious,he knows the system ( although inexperience hurt them a bit) but i can see Flynn being in GB for the next few years for a cheap ( NFL Standards) contract but i can also see Scott Tolzien staying around for a while as a young qb and if GB can develop him,they can trade him away for a pick in a few years. I think Flynn can move the ball on Det but with now Hayward and no Shields ( GB best 2 corners) Calvin Johnson should have a monster day!...Det defense is much like Minn..Good front 7,,pretty weak secondary and can be thrown on...Sadly,we can only imagine the way Chi and Det are playing,,GB would prob. have the division rapped up if Aaron had not been injured.Oh well, thats life in the NFL and im sure many Bears fans are thinking if the Defense didnt lose Briggs,Melton,their great corner playing basically on one leg,they could have taken advantage of GB being really beat up and DET playing grossly inconsistent. Det is by far healthier then either C. or GB and prob. should be well ahead of both.( argument could be made for that as well)
we'll if you are going to play the what if game if Rogers was back: you have to compare the teams with all the bears players back then too. With bears new offense and a healthy defense, they most likely would win the division. Packers defense isn't good even healthy. Just remember Bears have been ahead of the packers 99% of the season.packers have been in third place all season long with Rodgers and without.
eric

Verona, WI

#2115 Nov 24, 2013
Rodgers have played Chicago defense healthy and ate them alive,Now Chicago's offense ( we have debated that before many times about Cutler vs McGown,so we wont go there) but Cutler has only beaten GB once in his 5 or so years in Chicago ( 2010 in September) Top to bottom a Healthy Green Bay team is a better team then a healthy Chicago team..
If you want to go there,then throw in a Healthy James Jones ( i dont think he played vs Chiacgo did he?) A healthy Randall Cobb,a Healthy Finley ( he seems to have his biggest games and prob his only good games vs Chicago)
Plus i also mentioned if 1 team was healthy they would have had it..IF AR was healthy and i also mentioned Chicago is saying that to themselves ( with Briggs,Melton ect) so i covered you as well,but, both teams healthy? GB is a better team hands down.
GBPmies

Finland

#2116 Nov 24, 2013
Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> we'll if you are going to play the what if game if Rogers was back: you have to compare the teams with all the bears players back then too. With bears new offense and a healthy defense, they most likely would win the division. Packers defense isn't good even healthy. Just remember Bears have been ahead of the packers 99% of the season.packers have been in third place all season long with Rodgers and without.
What would be really fun is to have both teams healthy, as can be expected, for the last game in CHI for the NFC North title.

We could even BET ON IT!

99%? Really? 99% LMFAO
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#2117 Nov 24, 2013
eric wrote:
Rodgers have played Chicago defense healthy and ate them alive,Now Chicago's offense ( we have debated that before many times about Cutler vs McGown,so we wont go there) but Cutler has only beaten GB once in his 5 or so years in Chicago ( 2010 in September) Top to bottom a Healthy Green Bay team is a better team then a healthy Chicago team..
If you want to go there,then throw in a Healthy James Jones ( i dont think he played vs Chiacgo did he?) A healthy Randall Cobb,a Healthy Finley ( he seems to have his biggest games and prob his only good games vs Chicago)
Plus i also mentioned if 1 team was healthy they would have had it..IF AR was healthy and i also mentioned Chicago is saying that to themselves ( with Briggs,Melton ect) so i covered you as well,but, both teams healthy? GB is a better team hands down.
we are talking about this year Eric , not the past. We have completely changed our oline except one player. QB is protected, cut sacks in half from last year. Been in the top scoring teams in the NFL all season long.I read stuff every week that Greenbay defense sucks and capers should be fired.(hope he's not,lol) You also were talking about hiring Lovie smith. Bears have the best wide out tandem in the NFL with Brandon Marshell and Jeffrey .Both teams healthy I would pick the Bears.
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#2118 Nov 24, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be really fun is to have both teams healthy, as can be expected, for the last game in CHI for the NFC North title.
We could even BET ON IT!
99%? Really? 99% LMFAO
that would be nice, but we lost key players for the whole season. Chicago won't be getting healthier. 99%, probably, packers have been in third all season long except for a week or so.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#2119 Nov 24, 2013
eric wrote:
Well i guess
Det and Chi 6-5
GB 5-5-1.
GB in Det on Thanksgiving Day.
Chicago vs Minn.
Not that any of the 3 teams deserve to win the division but someone has to i guess!
It should have been Detroit' in a landslide, right now if Aaron returns, GB will win it again.
eric

Verona, WI

#2120 Nov 25, 2013
Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> we are talking about this year Eric , not the past. We have completely changed our oline except one player. QB is protected, cut sacks in half from last year. Been in the top scoring teams in the NFL all season long.I read stuff every week that Greenbay defense sucks and capers should be fired.(hope he's not,lol) You also were talking about hiring Lovie smith. Bears have the best wide out tandem in the NFL with Brandon Marshell and Jeffrey .Both teams healthy I would pick the Bears.
Marshall and Jeffrey vs..Nelson,Jones and Cobb and you would take M and J? I dont know about that one..BUT, you also have to consider who is qb in this scenario and we both and agree who wins that one between Cutler or Rodgers.
GB also has a running game which helps. Hiring Lovie wouldnt help the defense though..Lovie ran a 4-3,,,which means GB has to do some cutting ect,although, they may anyway.
eric

Verona, WI

#2121 Nov 25, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
It should have been Detroit' in a landslide, right now if Aaron returns, GB will win it again.
I agree.Det has been very healthy,comparably with Chi and GB.I would like to think when Aaron comes back,( if GB is close) it should be theirs for the taking but a tie with Minn and prob a lose to Det on Thanksgiving hurts with the Division tie breaker and the defense is playing below the level they have been,so, stay tuned.IF GB beats Det,that will help tremendously obviously but thats a huge IF,,Besides the later half of the 4th quarter GB didnt make to many stops vs MINN and not having your 2 best corners ( Hayward and Shields) wont help vs Det for sure.Hopefully Jolly is back,that is a much needed big body in the middle
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#2122 Nov 25, 2013
eric wrote:
<quoted text>Marshall and Jeffrey vs..Nelson,Jones and Cobb and you would take M and J? I dont know about that one..BUT, you also have to consider who is qb in this scenario and we both and agree who wins that one between Cutler or Rodgers.
GB also has a running game which helps. Hiring Lovie wouldnt help the defense though..Lovie ran a 4-3,,,which means GB has to do some cutting ect,although, they may anyway.
Cutler and the Bears have been scoring more points per game then the packers, that was when Rodgers was playing too.The leading Nfl wide out tandem in the nfl is Marshall and Jeffery. I would take Marshall and Jeffries over any packer receivers . Packers have been behind the Bears all season long except for a week. I do think the bears will continue to slide, nobody is returning from injuries on the defense and doesn't look like cutler will be back any time soon.
eric

Verona, WI

#2123 Nov 25, 2013
Sounds like Cutler will be shut down for a while.Rodgers may not be back for a while either.
Offensively, its not close.Many Bears points are on returns,turnovers ect which isnt offense,so your theory of total pts scored is flawed a bit. and really its only 20-30 pts at most If you would also look,you would see GB gave up less points then Chicago,so going by your theory GB defense is better then Chicago's defense and we both know thats false,so ,maybe that clears it up a bit..Chicago lives and dies by turnovers and good teams dont turn the ball over by in large which is part of the reason why over the past few years Chicago's record vs teams with winning records has been poor.A healthy Chicago offense vs a healthy GB offense isnt even close.AR is light years ahead of Cutler..GB is deeper at WR, many more targets ( which also may be why M and J may rank better) Gb spreads the ball out a lot more then CHi. who has 2 basic WR ( Marshall and Jeffrey) as compared to GB ( Cobb,Nelson,Jones.Boykin,Finle y ( who lines up at WR a bit)...
What exactly is wrong with Cutler? His original was a groin,then he injured his ankle correct?
Rodgers wont play vs Det but MAYBE ATl 10 days later,,( which means he injured vs Chi and missed Philly,NYG,yesterday vs Minn,4 days later Det and 10 days rest before ATL)If im right,he has 5 weeks before ATL,,so maybe they will take 6 weeks and he may start vs Dallas.who knows.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#2124 Nov 25, 2013
The bears beat the Packers when AR started the game Eric
How could you let MN tie the pack?
The only good that comes out of that is the moronic Queen fans will feel emboldened to make stupid comments on topix for another year
eric

Verona, WI

#2125 Nov 25, 2013
AR also play 1 possession,hardly a huge sample besides the fact ( if you want to go that way) GB Scored on the 1 possession AR led them on and considering GB came in with a qb who hasnt taken a snap in the NFL in well over 1 year and only lost 27-20,,thats a loss but doesnt say a whole lot for Chicago in that fact.
The defense cant tackle worth of shit and didnt until the 4th quarter when they finally made a few stops and allowed Flynn to put together a few drives score 16 straight pts and send it to OT..
Im glad AP played though.I want to win,lose or draw vs the other teams best. Ponder may suck but for some reason,he plays very well vs GB...Packer Hacker claims Cutler is a great qb but Cutler Sucks vs GB ( thats when i see him most obviously),Det hasnt beaten GB in GB in 20+ years, Det swept Chi,,Chi beat GB,GB beats Det, who is to know.
eric

Verona, WI

#2126 Nov 25, 2013
Played 1 possession..
eric

Verona, WI

#2127 Nov 25, 2013
It is a lucky break for both Chi and GB, that in with all the injuries suffered by both teams,,Chicago is 6-5 tied with Det and GB is 5-5-1,,Clearly a 3 team race and anyone's to win at this point.
No one is playing like they want this are they?.GB ties with Minn, Chicago loses in STL,,Det loses to TB and Det is pretty healthy composedly and should have run off with this division,so, im sure coach Schwartz is kicking himself in the backside for not putting this div away ( although,Det won 4 or 5 last year,so, they are playing better then last year but,they are grossly inconsistent ,so who knows what to expect from Det)
eric

Verona, WI

#2128 Nov 25, 2013
Det is healthy as compared to GB and CHI and should have run or ran off or away with this division.
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#2129 Nov 25, 2013
eric wrote:
Det is healthy as compared to GB and CHI and should have run or ran off or away with this division.
I agree Eric. This division was there for the taking. Lions could still take it but they might let it slip away just because they are the lions! This is a very weird season
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#2130 Nov 25, 2013
eric wrote:
AR also play 1 possession,hardly a huge sample besides the fact ( if you want to go that way) GB Scored on the 1 possession AR led them on and considering GB came in with a qb who hasnt taken a snap in the NFL in well over 1 year and only lost 27-20,,thats a loss but doesnt say a whole lot for Chicago in that fact.
The defense cant tackle worth of shit and didnt until the 4th quarter when they finally made a few stops and allowed Flynn to put together a few drives score 16 straight pts and send it to OT..
Im glad AP played though.I want to win,lose or draw vs the other teams best. Ponder may suck but for some reason,he plays very well vs GB...Packer Hacker claims Cutler is a great qb but Cutler Sucks vs GB ( thats when i see him most obviously),Det hasnt beaten GB in GB in 20+ years, Det swept Chi,,Chi beat GB,GB beats Det, who is to know.
you beat Detroit with no megatron.
GBPmies

Finland

#2131 Nov 25, 2013
Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> you beat Detroit with no megatron.
I normally would attempt to give you some crap after losing badly to the Rams but the Packers only TIED the vikes and that trumps everything.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#2132 Nov 25, 2013
To bad the trading deadline is over the Vikes could have traded Cassell to the Pack for their 1'st rounder, and Freeman to da Bears for their 1'st rounder......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Chosen Traveler 32,272
News Race car driver Klutt revved up about future (Sep '15) 6 hr speed limit 2 low... 11
News Dillon living up to potential in 3rd full NASCA... 9 hr MrTinkertrain24 3
---*PHOTO of ANTICHRIST 'seated' in TEMPLE 17 hr RevelationInPlain... 1
jungle park Sun TOM WAMSLEY 1
News Tom Brady walking off field after 2016 AFC Cham... Sun True Judgment 2
News Pastor's flock remains faithful (Jan '09) Sun Be Jesus like 36
More from around the web