Fluvanna Family Paying it Forward

Fluvanna Family Paying it Forward

There are 20 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 22, 2013, titled Fluvanna Family Paying it Forward. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

For the past 39 years a Fluvanna County family has spent every third weekend and every Wednesday night running rescue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Inspired

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 24, 2013
So impressed! What a class act!
Kimberly Barker Hathcock

United States

#2 Feb 24, 2013
Now that's something to be proud of!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU for all you do!
nurse22

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Feb 24, 2013
We should learn from their generosity of time and commitment!! Bravo!!! We all are proud to have you in our midst!! What an inspiration!!
Concerned Troy Residents

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 24, 2013
Someone HAS to volunteer because thanks to the unwanted monster high school, the county has no money to pay anyone for rescue, not to mention cleaning all the trash from the trucks going back and forth to the industrial blight the uncaring county let grow in this area!
Fluco runner

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 24, 2013
What a great inspiration and influence they have had on their children!
Vera

Silver Spring, MD

#6 Feb 24, 2013
Concerned Troy Residents wrote:
Someone HAS to volunteer because thanks to the unwanted monster high school, the county has no money to pay anyone for rescue, not to mention cleaning all the trash from the trucks going back and forth to the industrial blight the uncaring county let grow in this area!
No one cares about you or your "industrial blight!".

If you don't like it there, MOVE!
Liberalace

Collinsville, VA

#7 Feb 24, 2013
Great story about two great people.

Not sure how it is news, though...It was in the Fluvanna County Review weeks ago.

I am glad to see budding journalists coming to this 164th-largest market to learn how to sniff out a story and create original journalism!

R.I.P.: Davy Jones
are you kidding

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Feb 24, 2013
Liberalace wrote:
Great story about two great people.
Not sure how it is news, though...It was in the Fluvanna County Review weeks ago.
I am glad to see budding journalists coming to this 164th-largest market to learn how to sniff out a story and create original journalism!
R.I.P.: Davy Jones
Wow, Liberalace, you've really outdone yourself this time. This story was not in the Fluvanna Review, but a similar story about a different black family was...I guess they all look the same to you.

The Vests are a top notch family (as are the Carters, by the way). George has literally given his entire life to the people and children of this county.

FYI, he is one of several individuals that took a tremendous financial hit when our county decided to renig on the early retirement plan they promised to fulfill. We should feel proud!
Family Friend

Conyers, GA

#9 Feb 24, 2013
The Vests are the most amazing people. Their kindness, values, and love for others surpasses most people. The daughters are equally as phenomenal. I am proud to know them and call them my friends! God Bless the Vest Family!!
Thankful

United States

#10 Feb 24, 2013
What a wonderful story. We are truly blessed to have caring people like the Vest in our community. May God bless you and keep you safe.
I live in Greene

United States

#11 Feb 24, 2013
Such a very unselfish act that you are doing for your county and I am sure that GOD will bless you for all that you are doing!! Wishing you many, many more years of continuing to help others in your community!!
K-9 Officer

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Feb 25, 2013
The Vest family is a great family and I am proud to call them my friends. I actually ran on the Fluvanna County Rescue Squad with them for a while and the care and compassion they give to the citizens of Fluvanna County is second to none. I am so proud to see that their daughter Na Vest is following in their footsteps I know she will do a outstanding job. I would like to say thank you to the Vest Family for all that you do for Fluvanna County Keep on Rocking 48-3
Liberalace

Collinsville, VA

#13 Feb 25, 2013
are you kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Liberalace, you've really outdone yourself this time. This story was not in the Fluvanna Review, but a similar story about a different black family was...I guess they all look the same to you.
The Vests are a top notch family (as are the Carters, by the way). George has literally given his entire life to the people and children of this county.
FYI, he is one of several individuals that took a tremendous financial hit when our county decided to renig on the early retirement plan they promised to fulfill. We should feel proud!
It still speaks to the immense originality of the news organizations in Cville: little county paper spotlights two dedicated Fluco volunteers; preeminent TV news organization in town steals exact same story line to broadcast as "news." Doesn't really make a difference whether it is same family or not.

Now for the big question: why in God-fearer's name would you ever introduce the race of the people into your post? Neither I nor the reporter said a word about race, yet you inject some stereotyped, Archie Bunkerish, racist line at the end of your first paragraph. In the world of psychology, they call that "projection."

Frankly, if I am sprawled out next to my tractor with a femoral fracture and blunt force sternal injuries, diaphoretic, bottoming out with a bleed in my chest cavity, do I care about the race of the guy sticking a large bore into me or the woman splinting my femur with traction? Will I worry if the flight nurse is Indian? I won't.

But I am glad you're keeping a racial tick sheet in your daily life.

R.I.P.: Mahatman Ghandi
Fluvanna Citizen

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Feb 25, 2013
Really does everything have to be about the school. Every time Fluvanna is in the news good or bad some idiot has to find someway to put the school in it. Get over it and move on it is ridiculous.
Concerned Troy Residents wrote:
Ron

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Feb 25, 2013
It never ceases to amaze me that there are people like the vests for the most part hidden in our communities, doing such wonderful things with little reward or recognition
Their community is indeed fortunate
Lovely People

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Feb 25, 2013
What a lovely couple and family. When I saw this on the news, I was brought to tears when I saw how generous they are of their time and talents. I am sure they have touched so many lives and have made a difference! Kudos to you all for being such an outstanding member of Fluvanna County.
Fluco

Palmyra, VA

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Great story! Great family! The Vests do so much for this county! They are amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
wowowow

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Feb 25, 2013
are you kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, are you kidding -- it WAS in the Fluvanna Review. What a hateful comment to insinuate "they all look the same to you".
Here is the link to the story you clearly didn't http://fluvannareview.com/index.php...
9grandkids

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Feb 25, 2013
I also have known Gloria and George for many years (about 40 give or take) and count that as a real honor for me. I was fortunate to spend my very first ambulance trip on their call in 2009. While in great pain and experiencing what could have been a scary trip, I was comforted and reassured by their care and experience. Thanks Gloria and George. We are so fortunte to have you among us.
Family Member

Farmville, VA

#20 Feb 25, 2013
We are very proud of George and Gloria Vest, They
are well respected and loved, they give a lot of time helping others, When they aren't on call, just
a caring family! "God Bless You"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The fat problem with Pablo Sandoval only begins... 3 hr Three Rounds 1
News Minnesota Vikings: Examining the options at cen... 3 hr Avant 5
News Cuban athlete was right to kick 'corrupt' judge... (Sep '08) 6 hr zionist BARn 17
News Last Weekend's NASCAR Race Had Lowest Televisio... 7 hr Rich K 8
News Aljaz Bedene is through to the second round of ... 10 hr cool 1
News May 17: Transgender Bathrooms, Hillary Clinton ... 11 hr Three Days Paleo 2
por que ainda nao inventaram um emulador 3ds pa... 11 hr kaulus br 1
More from around the web