Would an assault weapons ban work?

Would an assault weapons ban work?

There are 3768 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Would an assault weapons ban work?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 189
Next Last
chris

Lafayette, LA

#4402 Mar 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Running the White House cost money, Dumbo. You think Bush didn't have calligraphers?
Obama = 332
Tea bag losers = who cares?
its not who there or that this white house cost but to marginalize the cost, not unreasonalbe to cut cost of operation of the federal government more than 90% it is non essential, even state government needs drastice cutting, but the state should be where everything that is essential to government is effected

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4403 Mar 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Running the White House cost money, Dumbo. You think Bush didn't have calligraphers?
Obama = 332
Tea bag losers = who cares?
Congressman Offers Amendment Defunding Obama’s Golf

by Keith Koffler on March 6, 2013, 8:01 am

Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-Texas) introduced an amendment to the fast-moving continuing resolution spending bill that would bar funding for President Obama’s golf outings until the White House reopens for public tours.

Gohmert, who announced his amendment from the floor of the House, said Americans, whether Republicans or Democrats, will be greatly disappointed to come to Washington and not be able to get their tours of the White House. Many tours are planned well in advance.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#4404 Mar 6, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Congressman Offers Amendment Defunding Obama’s Golf
by Keith Koffler on March 6, 2013, 8:01 am
Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-Texas) introduced an amendment to the fast-moving continuing resolution spending bill that would bar funding for President Obama’s golf outings until the White House reopens for public tours.
Gohmert, who announced his amendment from the floor of the House, said Americans, whether Republicans or Democrats, will be greatly disappointed to come to Washington and not be able to get their tours of the White House. Many tours are planned well in advance.
Moosechelle would off-set the deficit single handedly if they installed pay toilets in the White House.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4405 Mar 6, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Moosechelle would off-set the deficit single handedly if they installed pay toilets in the White House.
With her 24 servants, you know they have a revolving door in the executive potty.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4406 Mar 6, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>With her 24 servants, you know they have a revolving door in the executive potty.
Laura Bush’s Staff UPDATE WASHINGTON POST
2008 White House Office Staff List – Salary
Published Thursday, July 24, 2008

McBride, Anita B. Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff to the First Lady $172,200.

Armstrong, Sara Assistant to the President and Duty Chief of Staff to the First Lady $102,000.

Miller, Sonja Marie Duty Chief of Staff to the First Lady $88,500.

Ballard, Deanna M. Director of Scheduling for the First Lady $78,400.

McArthur, Nikki L. Speech Writer for First Lady $63,000.
Knutson, Lindsay Special Asst. and Personal Aide to the First Lady $62,700.

Marshall, Misty C. Director of Correspondence for the First Lady $62,400.

Adams, Julie E.$57,500. Deputy Press Secretary to First Lady $57,500.

Mende, Kirstin M Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady$53,000.

Etter, Marisa Leigh Deputy Director of Scheduling for the First Lady $52,200

King, Kristin N Deputy Director of Advance for the First Lady $52,200

Segura, Millicent Deputy Director of Correspondence for the First Lady $47,000

Miller, Kasdin E. Assistant Press Secretary to the First Lady $43,000

O’Connor, Erin M Executive Assistant to the Chief of Staff to the First Lady $41,800

McBride, Anita B. Assistant to the president and chief of staff to the first lady $168,000.00

Harder, Cherie S. Special asistant to the president for domestic policy and director of project of the first lady $108,000.00

Niemiec, Sally M. Press secretary to the First Lady $90,000.00

Miller, Sonja M. Deputy chief of staff to the first lady $84,700.00

Ballard, Deanna M. Director of scheduling for the First Lady $75,000.00

Marshall, Misty C. Director of correspondence for the first lady $59,700.00

Etter, Marisa L. Deputy director of scheduling for the First Lady $50,000.00

Lineweaver, Lindsey M. Special assistant and personal aide to the first lady $47,500.00

Donoghue , Tarah C. Deputy press secretary to the First Lady $43,000.00

Block, Jonathan F. Assistant press secretary to the First Lady $39,000.00

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4407 Mar 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't children to you, chump, they were accidents.
Funny how the tea baggers say they care for the unborn but don't give two shi!ts for the born.
Unlike you,I see no difference between an unborn baby and one that's been born.
You don't care about kids being shot. You're just anti-gun. You blame the gun.
Blaming guns for mass shootings is like blaming freedom of speech for bomb threats.
We already have laws against shooting people and making bomb threats.
Those 20 kids were just 20 late term abortions to you.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4409 Mar 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Laura Bush’s Staff UPDATE WASHINGTON POST
2008 White House Office Staff List – Salary
Published Thursday, July 24, 2008
McBride, Anita B. Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff to the First Lady $172,200.
Armstrong, Sara Assistant to the President and Duty Chief of Staff to the First Lady $102,000.
Miller, Sonja Marie Duty Chief of Staff to the First Lady $88,500.
Ballard, Deanna M. Director of Scheduling for the First Lady $78,400.
McArthur, Nikki L. Speech Writer for First Lady $63,000.
Knutson, Lindsay Special Asst. and Personal Aide to the First Lady $62,700.
Marshall, Misty C. Director of Correspondence for the First Lady $62,400.
Adams, Julie E.$57,500. Deputy Press Secretary to First Lady $57,500.
Mende, Kirstin M Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady$53,000.
Etter, Marisa Leigh Deputy Director of Scheduling for the First Lady $52,200
King, Kristin N Deputy Director of Advance for the First Lady $52,200
Segura, Millicent Deputy Director of Correspondence for the First Lady $47,000
Miller, Kasdin E. Assistant Press Secretary to the First Lady $43,000
O’Connor, Erin M Executive Assistant to the Chief of Staff to the First Lady $41,800
McBride, Anita B. Assistant to the president and chief of staff to the first lady $168,000.00
Harder, Cherie S. Special asistant to the president for domestic policy and director of project of the first lady $108,000.00
Niemiec, Sally M. Press secretary to the First Lady $90,000.00
Miller, Sonja M. Deputy chief of staff to the first lady $84,700.00
Ballard, Deanna M. Director of scheduling for the First Lady $75,000.00
Marshall, Misty C. Director of correspondence for the first lady $59,700.00
Etter, Marisa L. Deputy director of scheduling for the First Lady $50,000.00
Lineweaver, Lindsey M. Special assistant and personal aide to the first lady $47,500.00
Donoghue , Tarah C. Deputy press secretary to the First Lady $43,000.00
Block, Jonathan F. Assistant press secretary to the First Lady $39,000.00
......but not all at the same time pookie like Ms. Obama, you forgot that part.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4410 Mar 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>......but not all at the same time pookie like Ms. Obama, you forgot that part.
~stomp stomp stomp~

You have been refuted, Dumbo.

Wipe your chin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 189
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) 11 hr Raider PHARTS 359
News Snow sets perfect backdrop for a Jessie Diggins... 13 hr SnowPhartse 2
News Yankees need to shake things up beginning with ... 13 hr YesPhartse 4
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr Chosen Traveler 35,803
Flyers-Penguins [Game 6] 17 hr Want Phartse 2
News Predicting The Vikings 2018 Record 19 hr SFB Pharts 2
News How Can NASCAR Fix Its Attendance Problems? (Nov '13) 23 hr ThisPhartse 17