Tom Powers Live: Minnesota Vikings passed on Jay Cutler? It's a...

Somewhere in the woods near the Winter Park practice facility, a secret plan is buried deep beneath the hard ground. Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Dieter

United States

#1 Mar 25, 2009
As I said many times, does not matter who plays until Baldheaded Clown is gone. You see, we win because of pure talent even when the play calling is a detriment to our team.
In order to succeed with him as a HC, we would need such a talent at qb that again, we would win because of talent not coaching. We would win because a qb like payton would not listen to the clown at the end of a close game and he would run his own thing, the QB's on our roster are light years away from this so.... get ready to boo Chilly out of town.
MikeHo

Fifty Lakes, MN

#2 Mar 25, 2009
Chilly should have to explain this to the fans. Does Chilly think T-Jack is better than Cutler or has mpre character? Dennis Green learned his lesson after passing on Warren Sapp for character concerns and then getting Randy Moss later. Then Zigi has McCombs get rid of Moss. When are the Vikings going to learn this is a sport and not the Miss congeniality contest?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Mar 25, 2009
Good for our coach. Tarvaris Jackson is our QB, and watch how good Childress choice will look next year to the tune of a new 3 year contract.

Plus we just found out that Cutler is a fall down drunk and we already had Tommy Kramer. Forget about Jay.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nontanostrich

De Soto, WI

#4 Mar 25, 2009
I'm wondering where the tough questions from the media are? What, Brad Mindless has more on these "worldly" sports correspondents than they have on him? Doubt it, yet why hasn't someone hammered Childlike to give the fans answers about "his" plan. How about this: Fans give the Fanchiller something to think about by boycotting the first three home games. Still, that might not be enough. The sports correspondents who routinely turn out personal-minded drivel need to step up and put some pressure on the Chillmeister. Get him to answer HONESTLY the tough questions. Drive him into submission just as TJoke's play at QB has driven many a true Vike's fan into playing dead when approached by Packers fans.
BIGKROCK

Butler, NJ

#5 Mar 25, 2009
Wake up Ziggy please!!!!!!!!!!
Fire Childress

Duluth, MN

#6 Mar 25, 2009
Avant wrote:
Good for our coach. Tarvaris Jackson is our QB, and watch how good Childress choice will look next year to the tune of a new 3 year contract.
Plus we just found out that Cutler is a fall down drunk and we already had Tommy Kramer. Forget about Jay.
Stick to Vegas buddy - you obviously have no clue as to what you are talking about.
BIGKROCK

Butler, NJ

#7 Mar 25, 2009
Wake up Ziggy please before its to late!!!!!!!!!!
Dicky

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Mar 25, 2009
FU@K!!!!!! Dang, I still don't feel better about this. Stupid Chilly.
jbird

Grand Forks, ND

#9 Mar 25, 2009
this sounds like made up news because the Vikes have done absolutely nothing this offseason but get worse. Lets just enjoy the next 2 years then California will have them.
bigrigger

United States

#10 Mar 25, 2009
To pass on cutler, Wow ....!!!!! Tjoke & Cutler came in the league at the same time, who made the pro bowl in 3 yrs. who didn't, so what does that tell you about each players talents! As I've said a while back,'mark my words' Tjoke will be the starter. To bring a starting NFL qb in means childress would have to admit failure. there is no way in he$$ that well ever happen, as long as BC , or the BS artist. is still the coach!@##$$%%%^ Sorry, I got carried away! Fire childress now...!!!!
Chillynewagegeni us

United States

#11 Mar 25, 2009
Avant wrote:
When TJoke is finally cut from the Vikings he will never play another snap in the NFL.
Niagara Falls

Buffalo, NY

#12 Mar 25, 2009
Fire Childress right now. He is single handedly killing the Vikes yesterday, today, and tomorrow. They will not win 1 meaningfull game with this dolt as head coach.
Watch, the Bears or Lions get Cutler, and then watch as they whip Minny 2 times each per season. It is widely known the Vikes need a starting qb, does Childress know this, or just everyone else on the planet. At some point ownership will be blamed, a better Vikings team would assist the owner in his stadium plans, but with Childress running the team this will not happen.
FIRE HIM NOW!
purplehaze

St. John's, Canada

#13 Mar 25, 2009
are you F@#KING kidding me...just confirms what many fans have felt for some time...B.C. is a complete idiot...i don't give a rat's a*s*s* what kind of a coach the team has...if an opportunity to acquire a pro bowl player is available, but the coach doesn't think it's a good idea...then it begs the question: who owns this freakin team? come on ZYGI...kick his butt out the door!!!
BeerBibleBullets

Bartlesville, OK

#14 Mar 25, 2009
Vikings are in a three year window to win the big game. They have enough talent on D if they get a Qb who can make some drives downfield and score.

Childress=Wayne Fontes will never coach again.
Baroke Obummer

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Mar 25, 2009
I haven't been a big Childress basher. Yes he's done some boneheaded things. But if true this is an absolutelty horrible decision. The only area really lacking on this whole team to make it a contender is a QB. You can get a top rated pro bowl quarterback and you're "Not sold on him"? W T F! All it would take is draft picks? An don't give me the line about draft picks. How many first and second round draft picks have turned out to be complete busts? Tons. So we'd have a known commodity upgrading the biggest hole on the team which also is the MOST important and Clueless decides he's not sold on him? What an idiot!

Not sold on Cutler? Guess what Zigi and Brad. I'm not sold on your decisions and I won't be sold any more tickets.
Ricky

Omaha, NE

#16 Mar 25, 2009
some elements of the coaching staff did not like the trade. that does not mean that it was Chilly. I agree that the dude needs to improve his offensive play calling, but to assume that it was Chilly that nixed it makes an A## out of you, and yourself.

be a fan, not a whiner. I actually Think the reason for the delay in minicamps, is because Chilly is studying and perfecting his new aspects of his offense. he has got to know that the Viking Fans want an improvement in the play calling. hear is an Idea..... let the qb audible if he thinks he should.

SKOL
MJ Goodnow

Mission, KS

#18 Mar 25, 2009
Childress you level headed fool. Its your call and blew it...thanks alot. Have fun explaining this to the press. Just maybe this will cost you your job.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#19 Mar 25, 2009
Cutler is a drunk. That's the real reason Childress didn't want him.
Darrell BloomingtonWi

Cassville, WI

#20 Mar 25, 2009
Hey zigi you should read these comments FIRE CHILDRESS & BEVEL.Listen to Fran the Man..Get cutler but don't do a H walker trade either.Listen to the loyal Viking fans they pay the bills bud...
Ztx

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Mar 25, 2009
Does T-Joke have something that he's blackmailing Chilly with...Major Dad's continued loyalty to T-Jack makes no sense at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New York Jets Must Be Aggressive In Free Agency... 19 min Laughing Bear Fan 1
PHOENIX (AP) - Darrelle Revis long reigned supr... 21 min Laughing Bear Fan 2
Prosecutors: Ex-NFL star Hernandez's DNA ties h... 57 min Laughing Bear Fan 1
Pot charge dropped against Patriots' Blount nea... 1 hr Laughing Bear Fan 1
Patriots 'super fan' wanted after drug arrest i... 1 hr Brady Bulgejection 15
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Brew In 28,742
Are the Dolphins the new favorite to win AFC East? 1 hr What fell in the ... 379
More from around the web