Who Has a Better Starting 5, Los Angeles Lakers or Miami Heat?

Jul 7, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

It's the question that will be endlessly debated for the rest of the 2012 NBA offseason: Do the Los Angeles Lakers have a better starting five than the defending champion Miami Heat? The 2012 NBA free-agency period has been an arms race.

Comments
21 - 40 of 68 Comments Last updated Aug 17, 2012
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Lakers are the team to beat now. They are top dogs this next twelve months.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 20, 2012
 
purplehead wrote:
Aj is now a laker a great spark off the bench,maybe brandon rush,j O and d12 is coming too...
Howard/bynum. Darius morris
Pau. Steve blake
MWP. Mcbob
KOBE
Nash
Jamison
J O'Neal
Brandon rush
Jordan hill
Never mind they just re signed Hill.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 21, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Lakers is the team to beat, no one even come close on paper.

Since: Jul 12

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Aug 3, 2012
 
Hello how are you friends i am new here and i want connect everyone here.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Aug 3, 2012
 
Johnfred01 wrote:
Hello how are you friends i am new here and i want connect everyone here.
What's up. What are your favorite NBA teams and players?
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Aug 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up. What are your favorite NBA teams and players?
For me, these days, gotta go with iggy and the Sixers and Duncan and the Spurs, Not typical bron kobe wade.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

jack wrote:
<quoted text>try it this way
lebron > bryant
wade > pau
bosh > worldPeace
same players different result
The lakers cannot even beat the Thunders, let alone Miami.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

With Nash the Lakers got it made, easily the best five.
The Water Boy

Richland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ginobili wrote:
With Nash the Lakers got it made, easily the best five.
Isn't Nash White though? I thought you said they wouldn't give a white man a chance and especially in LA?

If thats the case, they should insert you into the mix because according to you, Lebron aint got nothing on you!

White Chocolate they call ya, right?
Young Jeezy

Leesburg, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Lol Ginobili.Steve Nash makes lakers a damn bad defensive team aswell.Westbrook will murder Steve Nash at 39.Nash will not be the main gu like in Phoenix and I wont be surprise he becomes a Jose Calderon of LA.Kobe is going to run the offense and Nash will just spot up like LA has been doing ever since Kobe took the team after Shaq.If Kobe passed the ball more down low last year we wouldnt be talking about LA losing against OKC.
The Water Boy

Richland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Young Jeezy wrote:
Lol Ginobili.Steve Nash makes lakers a damn bad defensive team aswell.Westbrook will murder Steve Nash at 39.Nash will not be the main gu like in Phoenix and I wont be surprise he becomes a Jose Calderon of LA.Kobe is going to run the offense and Nash will just spot up like LA has been doing ever since Kobe took the team after Shaq.If Kobe passed the ball more down low last year we wouldnt be talking about LA losing against OKC.
I actually agree with this Justin.
Young Jeezy

Leesburg, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

The Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually agree with this Justin.
Thank You for agreeing but who is this Justin you speak of?

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Young Jeezy wrote:
Lol Ginobili.Steve Nash makes lakers a damn bad defensive team aswell.Westbrook will murder Steve Nash at 39.Nash will not be the main gu like in Phoenix and I wont be surprise he becomes a Jose Calderon of LA.Kobe is going to run the offense and Nash will just spot up like LA has been doing ever since Kobe took the team after Shaq.If Kobe passed the ball more down low last year we wouldnt be talking about LA losing against OKC.
I think Nash will run the offense, but you are right about him on defense lol
Sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Aug 9, 2012
 
The Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually agree with this Justin.
He's asking himself who he is....**twilight zone music flutters in the backround***
Sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Aug 9, 2012
 
The Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Nash White though? I thought you said they wouldn't give a white man a chance and especially in LA?
If thats the case, they should insert you into the mix because according to you, Lebron aint got nothing on you!
White Chocolate they call ya, right?
White chocolate? More like Chinese chocolate .

“Golden State Of Mind”

Since: Jun 09

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

purplehead wrote:
Aj is now a laker a great spark off the bench,maybe brandon rush,j O and d12 is coming too...
Howard/bynum. Darius morris
Pau. Steve blake
MWP. Mcbob
KOBE
Nash
Jamison
J O'Neal
Brandon rush
Jordan hill
Warriors already resigned Brandon Rush. We resigned Rush, signed Carl Landry, and traded for Jarrett Jack, Golden State is playoff bound baby! GSW!!!

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Diamond X wrote:
<quoted text>Warriors already resigned Brandon Rush. We resigned Rush, signed Carl Landry, and traded for Jarrett Jack, Golden State is playoff bound baby! GSW!!!
Not to mention bogut, curry, lee, Jefferson, and clay. Then u got rush, landry, jack, beadrins and the three rookies Harrison Barnes, draymond green, and festus exeli. GSW has a solid 12 man team. I expect playoffs this year for sure from my second closest team(after the kings)

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Aug 9, 2012
 
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, wonder what could've caused that?
Phil Jackson retiring, Kobe's divorce, Kobe's knee surgery, the NBA lockout, a shortened compacted unpredictable season, a totally new coaching staff, the CP3 trade that ripped the Lakers apart, 6th man of the year Odom leaving, Pau Gasol fearing for his job in L.A., Fisher who was the closest thing to a PG the Lakers had since Van Exel traded for a piss poor Sessions(lol)and I'm sure there are several more things to mention too!
The Lakers definitely overachieved last season despite all of that tremendous adversity. Hats off to coach Mike Brown and his staff and his General Kobe Bryant for keeping it together and making some decent tasting lemonade out of all those lemons they were handed from jump. Most teams Ginobili, would've crumbled and took steps back and maybe took a year or two to recover if they had to endure maybe even half of what Kobe and the Lakers endured this past season.
this bitch im with is a fkng joke

“Golden State Of Mind”

Since: Jun 09

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Aug 9, 2012
 
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention bogut, curry, lee, Jefferson, and clay. Then u got rush, landry, jack, beadrins and the three rookies Harrison Barnes, draymond green, and festus exeli. GSW has a solid 12 man team. I expect playoffs this year for sure from my second closest team(after the kings)
Yeah I hope the Warriors make it. We got a squad this year. Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Lee, and Bogut starting then Jack, Jenkins, Rush, Jefferson, Green, Landry, Tyler, Biedrins, and Ezeli all coming off the bench. I'm excited. If we can stay healthy I expect to make it, but that is a big if.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Aug 9, 2012
 
Diamond X wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I hope the Warriors make it. We got a squad this year. Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Lee, and Bogut starting then Jack, Jenkins, Rush, Jefferson, Green, Landry, Tyler, Biedrins, and Ezeli all coming off the bench. I'm excited. If we can stay healthy I expect to make it, but that is a big if.
yeah especially for bogut. I don't think he's ever played a full season

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••