Leafs, Roberto Luongo rumours already swirling

Jan 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBC News

Roberto Luongo is reported to be on the market, although the Canucks could still opt to keep him and then either trade or buy him out at the end of the 2013-'14 campaign.

Comments
21 - 31 of 31 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Viper

Cambridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

If we get .900 save percentage and a goals against less than 3.00, we don't have a goaltending problem. Reiner has these stats so improvement on defenseman is the biggest issue on the less. Not goaltending. 2nd problem is the lack of back checking by the forwards (especially center) and 3rd problem is the PK. The coach knows this and the good news is Connelly and Lombardi are gone, so that's a huge improvement. Need to see Kessel back check, avoid running around on the PK, and let the goalie see the 1 st shot. And we will be in the playoffs. I hope JVR brings his size tonight.
Landon

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

team looked good last night. hopefully more to come. Luongo can stay away
abadapple

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

LillGilly93 wrote:
How does this sound. Luongo and Kassian for Kessel and Kadri. Serves purpose for both teams. Nucks need sniper and centreman. Leafs need golie and more size.
as if kessel is a player hes a 3rd liner om most teams lou ia a allstar just give phaneff and mcarthur with kessel thats enough
From a frozen hellhole

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Luongo is a washed up sieve....
crocodilious

Frisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I agree with get serious..Tom you are an idiot!
frank

Caledon East, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

You Guys r a joke we don't need luongo he is shit
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Tom Rintjema wrote:
I think the Leafs should re sign Johnny Bower if they want a veteran goalie.while your at it Darryl Sittler would make a great first line centre with Frank Mahovlich on the left side and Ron Ellis on right wing.Dig up Punch Imlach and make him coach.Get with the program Leafs DON T trade any more good young players or ANY MORE FUCKIN draft picks.This is the new NHL its a younger game than it used to be.Look at Pittsburg or Edmonton and learn from them.If you re thinking about trading Gardner or Kadri your Nuts.You already gave up a lot for Kessel. Learn from your bonehead mistakes. Please let me be GM for 3 years I ll teach you how to win
Cancel the Cup Parade.
Landon

Swift Current, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Slow but sure is the way to build this team. Keep doing what they are doing. adding when they can and keep drafting.. DO NOT TRADE ANYMORE DRAFT PICKS
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

If the Leafs win to-nite, the parade is back on.
Kman581

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Brando wrote:
Just get it done
Agree, make a decision and go for it. The confusion is not helping the team on the ice.
spider

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Gibby wrote:
I say give Kadri, Bozak and a 2nd (there is no way i would give up gardner)
gardner and kadri wnt be going no where

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••