The Better Football Conference: PAC-1...

The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

There are 49303 comments on the ArmchairGM story from Aug 22, 2007, titled The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?. In it, ArmchairGM reports that:

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArmchairGM.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#50924 Nov 15, 2013
frightfan wrote:
<quoted text>as usual, I have no sense of anything whatsoever. Status quo for a dingle-berry like me. I'm wrong you are right. Go figure. If only I knew right from wrong. I'm dumb you are smart. I search high and low for the logic that you always have. You have all the wisdom knowledge and truth of the entire universe while I stay secure in my ignorance and unintelligent BS.
> So true! It's gotta be hell being you! LMAO!!!
>:D

#50925 Nov 15, 2013
Chosen Traveler Your Village Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you will stay clear of interfering in me and PP Pete's loving relationship. When I'm not jerking off to a photo of my hunk PP in my version of angry sex, it is obvious to all of Topix with the man-love shown between me and PP that i'm his boy toy!...HaHa
> Not to worry, Coach Artie has no intention of interfering in you two losers loving relationship. But, inquiring minds like frightfan, Trojan and Bite On, do want to know ... does PP call you his/her "Mistress", or, his/her "Live Action Figure"? LMAO!!!

#50926 Nov 15, 2013
> Coach Artie sits back in his favorite easy chair and sips his CC&Coke. The Coach puts down his favorite mixed drink and looks to the heavens ... Lord, could you please send those weak minded trolls (CTYVI, PPP, and Frightfan) some help? Those poor, pathetic, lost in The Wilderness of Dumb@ss excuses for humans, are just too easy to slam. Coach Artie knows it's not much of a challenge to moi (Your favorite, Heavenly Gifted Universal Brain)... but, maybe you could send ALL of the rest of the Trolls to do battle with "Artie the Mighty". I know, I know, it's not much of a challenge, but, it should give You and I a few laughs. After Artie's short prayer to God ... he now takes a sip of his drink. "Ahh ... life is good!
>:)

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#50928 Nov 16, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
> Coach Artie sits back in his favorite easy chair and sips his CC&Coke. The Coach puts down his favorite mixed drink and looks to the heavens ... Lord, could you please send those weak minded trolls (CTYVI, and Frightfan) some help? Those poor, pathetic, lost in The Wilderness of Dumb@ss excuses for humans, are just too easy to slam. Coach Artie knows it's not much of a challenge to moi (Your favorite, Heavenly Gifted Universal Brain)... but, maybe you could send ALL of the rest of the Trolls to do battle with "Artie the Mighty". I know, I know, it's not much of a challenge, but, it should give You and I a few laughs. After Artie's short prayer to God ... he now takes a sip of his drink. "Ahh ... life is good!
Hey Coachie Poo, you have to be proud of my Bruins right? We are 8-2 despite barely beating lesser opponents, but the victory is the name of the game regardless who we play right ;)

But those alternate uniforms have got to go! They looked like they were drudged through motor oil for 10 miles :(

Go Bruins, Go Tigers! Our colors might look wussy to some, but we like them!

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#50929 Nov 17, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> It's gotta be hell being a USCheatin' Chickens fan! LMAO!!!
Hell is feeling pretty good right now for the USC Trojans making the #4 Cardinal crow like chickens! Now is your turn to see if your Bayou Vandals have the nomads to actually beat a team ranked higher then you (last try) LMAO! Careful Fartie, those Cheatin Chickens just dont go away and are ready to pass you up in the BCS polls...HaHaHaHa

USC -#23 IN THE BCS AND CLIMBING
LSU - DROPPING TO #18 AND HIDING

San Marino, CA

#50930 Nov 17, 2013
gonads (nomads) sorry mixed up the two words as I realized nomads is the word that will define the Bayou Vandals for NEXT weekend... HaHa

#50931 Nov 18, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is feeling pretty good right now for the USC Trojans making the #4 Cardinal crow like chickens! Now is your turn to see if your Bayou Vandals have the nomads to actually beat a team ranked higher then you (last try) LMAO! Careful Fartie, those Cheatin Chickens just dont go away and are ready to pass you up in the BCS polls...HaHaHaHa
USC -#23 IN THE BCS AND CLIMBING
LSU - DROPPING TO #18 AND HIDING
> Yeah, yeah, yeah!#23 is still behind #18 ... hardy har har! Congrats to the USChickens for the win against "overrated" Stanford. Your Chickens actually played a pretty good game. Must have been the "cookies"! Now comes the big test for the Chickens ... the bottom feeding Colorado Water Buffalo. Coach Artie's Question of the Day: Will USChickens honor their long standing tradition of losing to another Pac-12 bottom feeder?

Uncle Si, adds his perspective: It's a fact Jack! Rule #1: Whenever you play a bottom feeder, the coaches have to keep a full bag of freshly baked cookies ready at all times. Rule #2: If the coaches eat the cookies before the players get to them, your chances of winning are, slim and none. Rule #3: Have the water boy (if he's not too busy deflating footballs) keep the cookies hidden from the coaches.
...Quoted from, Uncle Si's Psychology 1(01).
THE END!
>º)

#50932 Nov 18, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
gonads (nomads) sorry mixed up the two words as I realized nomads is the word that will define the Bayou Vandals for NEXT weekend... HaHa
> No need to apologize, as we all know ... weak minded brains are like that!

The fRose Bowl by any other name is still the fRose Bowl ... A USChicken by any other name is still a Chicken!

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#50933 Nov 18, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Yeah, it is tough to lose! But, at least Coach Artie stays and faces the music when his team loses ... while weak minded peeps disappear into the shadows and cower behind their mommy's apron when their team loses.
>;)
Whatever Professor!! This thread has been taking defections for a long time. Anyway, It isn't like LSU is having a bad season! You guys are just accustomed to 10 + wins!! I think you can take TAM.

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#50934 Nov 18, 2013
fightfan wrote:
This SEC is not clearly the best conference in the country. Let’s start with Alabama. I think last year’s ‘Bama team would be a double-digit favorite over this year’s team. This Alabama is still the flagship team in the conference.
Where are the others?
Auburn and Missouri look like good football teams. The rest - Georgia (6-3), LSU (7-3) and Florida (4-5)- are not up to their usual standards. Injuries have hurt them - but their record is their record. The injuries only come into play when it comes to how much heat is under the seat of head coach Will Muschamp. Florida is not a good football team. Ole Miss might be a better team than LSU, Florida and Georgia.
Look at the Big Ten. I think we are seeing a comparable conference. One elite team - Ohio State - and several others that deserve more respect than they are getting. Michigan State has arguably the nation’s top defense and is allowing 11.6 points a game (third in the country); is No. 1 in pass defense efficiency; No. 1 in run defense; No. 1 in third down defense; No. 1 in first downs allowed; No. 1 in total defense.
Wisconsin is 7-2 … but really 8-1 as one of the worst referee calls of the season cost them a shot at a game-winning field goal against Arizona State. Wisky’s only real loss was to Ohio State. Wisconsin is fifth nationally in points against and 10th in rushing yards. That it is No. 27 in scoring offense is pretty impressive when you consider the Badgers are 87th in passing yards.
Mississippi is the SEC school getting no respect. We have one of those up here in Minnesota. Love to see that bowl game match-up.
We keep hearing about Ohio State not having a signature win. I am okay with that.
I have been complaining about the schedule all year. My question is: Where is Alabama's signature win? Texas A&M? I would say Wisconsin is a signature win if Texas A&M is.
Ole Miss, which is 3-3 in the conference? Yes, Ole Miss better than usual but does not rate a signature win.
LSU? The Bayou Bengals lost to Ole Miss.
We have put too much into what was rather than what is.
“The SEC is all that a bag of chips.”
“The Big Ten is Ohio State and a bunch of has been and never was teams.”
I agree that Michigan ST should be ranked higher.

West Hollywood, CA

#50935 Nov 18, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
Please Mister Traveler, do not mention male anatomy around Coach Dico or myself :/

We both have a hard enough time focusing on the game when our young fellas come running out of the tunnel in those tight football pants ;)

Go Bruins, Go Tigers! Maybe we can sneak salt peter in the jock straps of the Sun Devils and Aggies to give our teams a fighting chance!

West Hollywood, CA

#50936 Nov 18, 2013
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever Professor!! This thread has been taking defections for a long time.
I hope you will give my friend Coach Artie a break here. He may have major case of deflectitis after facing Johnny Footballs this weekend :/

Go Bruins, Go Tigers! Maybe next year we can get some respect!

West Hollywood, CA

#50937 Nov 18, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> No need for me to apologize, as we all know ... weak minded brains are like that!

I wholeheartedly second that Coach Dico!

Go Bruin fans, Go Tiger fans! Our minds think alike!

San Marino, CA

#50938 Nov 18, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> No need to apologize, as we all know ... weak minded brains are like that!
The fRose Bowl by any other name is still the fRose Bowl ... A USChicken by any other name is still a Chicken!
The Rose Bowl is the Granddaddy of them ALL... except for the remainder of the year when it is called home to that displaced team in Westwood called the (B)ruins, that think they are too posh to have an on-campus stadium... HaHa

USC - THE CEO TROJANS ARE ON A ROLL AND IT AINT CALLED A CHICKEN SUB!

San Marino, CA

#50939 Nov 18, 2013
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever Professor!! This thread has been taking defections for a long time. Anyway, It isn't like LSU is having a bad season! You guys are just accustomed to 10 + wins!! I think you can take TAM.
I bet you soared like an Eagle on that last play tipped pass... WOW!!!

#50940 Nov 19, 2013
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever Professor!! This thread has been taking defections for a long time. Anyway, It isn't like LSU is having a bad season! You guys are just accustomed to 10 + wins!! I think you can take TAM.
> This thread is the "Grin & Bear It" thread of Topix! LOL! After the embarrassing loss to an injury plagued Ole Miss team, Bayou Bengal Nation threw in the towel. It was the end of the SEC Championship run for LSU. When you're out of the SEC Championship race ... the season is pretty much over. Coach Artie gives LSU a 50/50 chance of winning against Texas A&M ... that is, if the Bengals show up to play. The Coach didn't like what he saw in the 2nd half of the BAMA game ... lack of desire, too many mistakes, and, no fire to win that game. There seems to be no leadership on LSU's team when the going gets tough. Also, the lackluster LSU coaching isn't helping the situation either! It all starts with the head coach! FACT!!!
>:(

#50941 Nov 19, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>The Rose Bowl is the Granddaddy of them ALL... except for the remainder of the year when it is called home to that displaced team in Westwood called the (B)ruins, that think they are too posh to have an on-campus stadium... HaHa
USC - THE CEO TROJANS ARE ON A ROLL AND IT AINT CALLED A CHICKEN SUB!
> Coach Artie thinks that ALL of the BOWLS need to open up their venues to the best teams from ALL the CFB conferences. Keep the host team as is ... Pac-12 Rose Bowl, SEC Sugar Bowl, ACC Orange Bowl, etc., etc....The Coach thinks it will make for more interesting games, and give the CFB fan intriguing match-ups in the Bowl games. Oh, and make a bowl game especially for the Big-10! They could call it ... the Weak Bowl! Muuuuuhahahahahahaha!!!

Coach Artie's Question of the Day: When is posh USC going to open their on-campus stadium? Inquiring minds want to know!

West Hollywood, CA

#50942 Nov 19, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Coach Artie thinks that ALL of the BOWLS need to open up their venues to the best teams from ALL the CFB conferences. Keep the host team as is ... Pac-12 Rose Bowl, SEC Sugar Bowl, ACC Orange Bowl, etc., etc....The Coach thinks it will make for more interesting games, and give the CFB fan intriguing match-ups in the Bowl games. Oh, and make a bowl game especially for the Big-10! They could call it ... the Weak Bowl! Muuuuuhahahahahahaha!!!
Coach Artie's Question of the Day: When is posh USC going to open their on-campus stadium? Inquiring minds want to know!
Oh my Coach, doesn’t that all sound so bureaucratic :/

Isn’t that why the NCAA is finally doing this playoff system thingy-magingy ;):/

Go Bruins, Go Tigers! Wouldn’t our teams finally fare better with a no host bar!

San Marino, CA

#50943 Nov 19, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Coach Artie thinks that ALL of the BOWLS need to open up their venues to the best teams from ALL the CFB conferences. Keep the host team as is ... Pac-12 Rose Bowl, SEC Sugar Bowl, ACC Orange Bowl, etc., etc....The Coach thinks it will make for more interesting games, and give the CFB fan intriguing match-ups in the Bowl games. Oh, and make a bowl game especially for the Big-10! They could call it ... the Weak Bowl! Muuuuuhahahahahahaha!!!
Much to your dismay, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Home of the USC Trojans is a National Landmark - FACT!!! The Coliseum is the first stadium to have hosted the Olympic Games twice, in 1932 and 1984. It has also hosted Super Bowls and World Series! Can Tiger Stadium say any of that… HaHa

USC AND THE COLISEUM – TRADITION ALL THE WAY BABY!!!

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#50945 Nov 19, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you will give my friend Coach Artie a break here. He may have major case of deflectitis after facing Johnny Footballs this weekend :/
Go Bruins, Go Tigers! Maybe next year we can get some respect!
Maybe, but LSU has the offense to hang with TAM's defense. I think it's run, run, run, pass, run, pass, run, run, run, run, pass, run, run, run, run.. That just seemed alot like Morris Code, but....run.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russia unlikely to compete in Rio: Hansen 1 hr Fart news 25
News Super Bowl 50: 'Our finest hour,' say host comm... 1 hr Fart news 2
News Super models, super heroes add up to Super stra... 2 hr Fart news 26
News Beth Tweddle recovering from neck surgery after... 10 hr Fart news 2
News Super Bowl 50: Beyond the game itself 11 hr Fart news 15
News Cam Newton wins NFL MVP in landslide 11 hr Fart news 16
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) 11 hr Fart news 179
More from around the web