Should the Oakland Raiders get rid of Tommy Kelly?

Feb 8, 2013 Full story: Examiner.com

Should the Oakland Raiders get rid of defensive tackle Tommy Kelly? After having a bad year in 2012 and getting a hefty salary, the Raiders might look into trading him or simply replacing him.

Full Story

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Feb 9, 2013
I think Kelly should be kept but should maybe restructure his contract. 11 million is an awful lot for any player on a team that finished 4-12. Seymour is a free agent and may possibly retire, so we should try to get what we can out of Kelly as he's getting up there in age too.

I would like us to draft Deamontre Moore and move Houston to DT to replace Seymour but that Star guy from Utah seems like a pretty big stud too that might be nice.

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#2 Feb 10, 2013
I'm not really attached to any of our current players other than wisniewski & maybe veldheer, but Kelly is one that it just seems wrong to lose. He along with DHB, Huff, and McClain are most likely cap casualties plus Palmer is due a high amount too. I see McClain going because of his issues off the field...DHB is really no big loss & I'm not that big on Huff but the secondary is too big of a mess so I contemplate cutting him

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

#3 Feb 11, 2013
Huff isn't a bad guy, but he has under performed since we drafted him. We just haven't had any other safeties that could be more than average.

I will never forget though, standing up in a Buffalo Wild Wings about 13 Bud Lights Deep for the last second goal-line play the day after Al passed away.

Michael made that pick. And we only had 9 on defense if i remember correctly. He gets big props for that, but has generally under performed at FS, SS and CB.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Feb 11, 2013
That's kind of what I think about Huff...He's good enough to make a good play here and there, but he hasn't been the difference maker you would expect from a safety taken in the top 10 of the draft.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OC Greg Olson's Atrocious Game Planning Costing... 52 min Tran Chung 16
Sorry, Denver, Chauncey belongs to Detroit 1 hr Steve 2
FBI Raids Sommet Group In Cool Springs - NewsCh... (Jul '10) 1 hr In Memory 1,340
Lake Michigan surfing ban is lifted (Jun '09) 1 hr dana 11
If the GOP brand is dog food, the Democratic br... 1 hr tha Professor 43
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Ramando From SF 27,981
Can your genes affect your response to Ebola? T... 4 hr OccupyThis 1

Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE