QB Matt Leinart set his sights on the...

QB Matt Leinart set his sights on the Oakland Raiders

There are 12 comments on the GMEN HQ story from Apr 28, 2012, titled QB Matt Leinart set his sights on the Oakland Raiders. In it, GMEN HQ reports that:

Matt Leinart will sign with the Oakland Raiders when visiting the team next week, reports NFL.com . While visiting Oakland, Leinart will practice for the coaches and team executives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GMEN HQ.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#1 Apr 28, 2012
matt lienert to sign with oakland? as a back-up, sure why not. but i really hope terrelle pryor steps it up and becomes #2! no, not that kind of #2
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#2 Apr 28, 2012
I'm not opposed to Leinert signing with us. He worked with Greg Knapp last year in Houston, so it doesn't surprise me.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#3 Apr 28, 2012
yea, it's no surprise and we had heard it through the grapevine that he could would should end up here, like you said, probably because of g knapp. normally that kind of transition happens. it sure didn't work for hue jacko and whats his name. matt leinert hasn't been the type of (qb) that he was suppsed to be but look at alex smith of the 9ers? sometimes a coach can bring it out of you. hope g knapp does that with leinert. "if" he signs.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Robert Hill

Culiacán, Mexico

#4 Apr 28, 2012
Given time, He could be a future starter.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#5 Apr 30, 2012
(QB) matt leinert is set to visit the RAIDERS wednesday. "we're bringing him in for tryout mackenzie said. we want to see him throw, see how he is". mackenzie said going into the camp he wanted to see pryor seize the moment and show the coaching staff he was ready to be a back-up.
think he will be signed? or should be signed?
RAIDERS 2012!!!
raiderfaith

Cassville, GA

#6 Apr 30, 2012
so I guess that means pryor is not ready...shocker! Leinart is a decent back up. Could be worse, thats for sure.
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
(QB) matt leinert is set to visit the RAIDERS wednesday. "we're bringing him in for tryout mackenzie said. we want to see him throw, see how he is". mackenzie said going into the camp he wanted to see pryor seize the moment and show the coaching staff he was ready to be a back-up.
think he will be signed? or should be signed?
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#7 Apr 30, 2012
oh, mckenzie shot down the rumor notion that matt leinert was going to be signed. but he did say he was going to try him out. it is scarry if pryor is not ready. a #2 needs to be starter ready and matt leinert has that experience. so you know g knapp will probably push that isssue. brett bohmar, as a #3 will never get the shot. all #3's rarely get a shot. but if leinert is not hired and and pryor is half-ass ready, bohmar better be ready!
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#8 Apr 30, 2012
check this out (lol). former colts (qb) jim sorgi to work out for RAIDERS tuesday!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Commerce City, CO

#9 May 1, 2012
I hope terrelle pryor steps it up and becomes #2! no, not that kind of #2
RAIDERS 2012!!!
uhhhmm???? if it looks like a duck.....

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#10 May 1, 2012
they're all ducks if they don't get their sh together! palmer, has to get his sh together with the int's, pryor has to get his sh together to be a #2, brett bohmar has to get his sh together to be a quarterback, and the other two fools leinert and sogi have to get their sh together to be starters someday before the world ends to be starting quarterbacks! we can't draft a #1 pick cause first of all we can't afford one, second of all we can't draft a #1 anyways cause he'll turn out to be a bust! i say we stick with what we got this year and throw them all to the lions with a shield and a sword. the survivor gets to fight again the following year. the backups better be tebow ready or they go to the jets!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Greg Williams

Littleton, CO

#11 May 1, 2012
we can't draft a #1 anyways cause he'll turn out to be a bust!RAIDERETTES 2012!!!
Them there Raiderettes have busts about as big as Jamarcus

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#12 May 1, 2012
leinert signs with oakland!
RAIDERS 2012!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Santa Cruz Warriors arena: Stay or go? 3 hr Woof 3
News Ohio.com - Neighbor fights court order to move (Nov '07) 18 hr Terrence g 308
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Trojan 32,307
News Glory Johnson-Griner To Miss Entire 2015 WNBA S... (Jun '15) Sat Go Blue Forever 12
News Team owner Hendrick hopeful Earnhardt returns a... Sat judylbrown3 7
News Fines levied for warmup shirts Sat Terry Bollister 2
News Kevin Harvick hopes for another Brickyard 400 win Sat judylbrown3 1
More from around the web