2 West Hartford men equip Cuban kids ...

2 West Hartford men equip Cuban kids for baseball

There are 17 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 15, 2012, titled 2 West Hartford men equip Cuban kids for baseball. In it, Newsday reports that:

Tiny baseball uniforms, jerseys and gear donated by individuals and groups from Middletown, East Hampton and several Hartford County towns are getting a second life with young players a world away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Compassionate

Clayton, NC

#1 Dec 16, 2012
Marvelous story! Wish our politicians could catch on to this! I'm taking a baseball glove and autographed baseball (Durham Bulls -Triple A) to a bartender at the hotel where the group of university students I am taking soon will be staying - stayed here before with other study abroad groups I have led.

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 17, 2012
Chavez will soon join satan....hopefully the castro's will not be far behind....
Compassionate One

Clayton, NC

#3 Dec 17, 2012
Great story! Why some try to cover it up is beyond understanding!
PREACHER

Sparta, NJ

#4 Dec 17, 2012
rTkLa1 wrote:
Chavez will soon join satan....hopefully the castro's will not be far behind....
Hopefully they repent & make amends to avoid Eternal damnation!
Compassionate One

Clayton, NC

#5 Dec 17, 2012
"You see the speck in anothers eye but ignore the log in your own!" Jesus Christ!
PREACHER

Sparta, NJ

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Merry CHRISTmas CG!
Compassionate One

Clayton, NC

#7 Dec 17, 2012
Compassionate wrote:
Marvelous story! Wish our politicians could catch on to this! I'm taking a baseball glove and autographed baseball (Durham Bulls -Triple A) to a bartender at the hotel where the group of university students I am taking soon will be staying - stayed here before with other study abroad groups I have led.
Still a heart warming story and at this Christmas season an example of how we ought to be as a nation toward our brothers and sisters in Cuba!

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Location hidden

#8 Dec 17, 2012
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>Still a heart warming story and at this Christmas season an example of how we ought to be as a nation toward our brothers and sisters in Cuba!
We must never acknowledge people such as idi amin, hitler or the castros as legitimate!
Compassionate One

Clayton, NC

#9 Dec 17, 2012
Compassionate wrote:
Merry Christmas to the children of Cuba who will receive this baseball equipment! Never mind the Grinchs on this site who, because of the Cuban government, don't like this story and would much prefer these innocent children go without this baseball equipment, so they can appear to be patriotic and brave defenders of freedom!!
PREACHER

Sparta, NJ

#10 Dec 18, 2012
rTkLa1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We must never acknowledge people such as idi amin, hitler or the castros as legitimate!
Amen!
Compassionate One

Clayton, NC

#11 Dec 18, 2012
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>Merry Christmas to the children of Cuba who will receive this baseball equipment! Never mind the Grinchs on this site who, because of the Cuban government, don't like this story and would much prefer these innocent children go without this baseball equipment, so they can appear to be patriotic and brave defenders of freedom!!
Amen!
Devin Blades

Sparta, NJ

#12 Dec 18, 2012
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>me like men!
The NRA is remaining silent out of respect for the families. They understand that during this time, when memorials are still ongoing, it is not appropriate to speak out. When the time is right, the NRA will be prepared to speak, ad people will listen!!
The only 'fierce debate' is coming from the reactionary, emotional liberals who hated guns before the murderous rampage and will hate guns long after its memory fades These modern-day book burners are ignorant and afraid, and are lashing out in a predictable manner simply to capitalize on a national tragedy. Shameful!
Compassionate One

Clayton, NC

#13 Dec 18, 2012
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>Merry Christmas to the children of Cuba who will receive this baseball equipment! Never mind the Grinchs on this site who, because of the Cuban government, don't like this story and would much prefer these innocent children go without this baseball equipment, so they can appear to be patriotic and brave defenders of freedom!!
Poor LIEger - Must change the subject to his all-powerful liking!

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Location hidden

#14 Dec 18, 2012
Devin Blades wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA is remaining silent out of respect for the families. They understand that during this time, when memorials are still ongoing, it is not appropriate to speak out. When the time is right, the NRA will be prepared to speak, ad people will listen!!
The only 'fierce debate' is coming from the reactionary, emotional liberals who hated guns before the murderous rampage and will hate guns long after its memory fades These modern-day book burners are ignorant and afraid, and are lashing out in a predictable manner simply to capitalize on a national tragedy. Shameful!
Well said!
Compassionate One

Clayton, NC

#16 Dec 24, 2012
Compassionate wrote:
Heart-warming story at this time of year! May these Cuban children's Christmas be more joyous due to the generosity of these good men!
Tinsnip 13

Miami, FL

#17 Dec 24, 2012
Devin Blades wrote:
<quoted text>
much like you and yours used to burn people LIEger?
When are you going to shut up out of respect to us?

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Location hidden

#18 Dec 25, 2012
Feliz navidad!!

Buon Natale!!

Merry CHRISTmas!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Brew In 35,352
News Good athlete, great kid taken from us too soon (Aug '08) 16 hr Bro pharts 17
News New York Yankees rumors: Is a Josh Harrison tra... 19 hr TradePhart 2
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) 19 hr Raiders pharts 343
News Chip Ganassi Racing will not provide ride for D... Wed Yeah phartse 9
News Earnhardt Jr. to help NBC Sports at Super Bowl ... Wed IsPhartse 5
News Earnhardt interested in becoming minority owner... Tue You Phartse 2
More from around the web