Oak Ridge loses Head Start funding ov...

Oak Ridge loses Head Start funding over falsified documents

There are 12 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Apr 22, 2014, titled Oak Ridge loses Head Start funding over falsified documents. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

The principal of Oak Ridge Preschool forced teachers under threat of being fired to create 33 false documents to satisfy federal auditors, according to the city school system's superintendent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

holt

United States

#1 Apr 23, 2014
Lol that place is a joke!! They were denying children that needed to be there only to let penny pinching wealthy parents children in because they don't want to pay day care!!! I know of several 3year olds attending when other poor 4year olds was denied. It's all in about who you know to get in that place. It sickens me.....
amazed

United States

#2 Apr 23, 2014
Wow this from an Oak Ridge School? Hard to believe but if its there I believe it. Thats really out there. Someone will be on the hot seat. Hate it for em
Agatha

Powder Springs, TN

#3 Apr 23, 2014
Once again, the Oak Ridger gets scooped by the News Sentinel
not really

Harriman, TN

#4 Apr 23, 2014
Agatha wrote:
Once again, the Oak Ridger gets scooped by the News Sentinel
Uhm, no...

http://www.oakridger.com/article/20140423/NEW...

Right there on the front page...
tim

United States

#6 Apr 24, 2014
Wow who was the one that falsified the papers?
Freddy Finger

United States

#7 May 8, 2014
karen wrote:
Lmao this don't surprise me one bit about the preschool. It's full of deception over their. Just ask Oak ridge school worker Cody Wright how she's too cheep to pay child care for her 3yr old god knows she knows the cost with all the time she's watched children in and out of her home. She can afford it but don't want to cut into her eating out money acting as if she's really some body. The said part is there's kids who parents/parent that can't afford a child care service would loved to of been able to send their child to the preschool this year. I guess if you work for the schools you get sonority over others.
Hopefully with this all coming out things will change how things are being done all around....
Well she'll get hers when she's busted or something later maybe she'll get a bunch of speeding/parking tickets she's made to pay even though she didn't speed.... Karma will always gets ya
wow

United States

#8 May 13, 2014
Principals have to much power ever a school. Look at the way some of the schools are falling apart expecially the elementary schools
tasha

United States

#9 May 14, 2014
wow wrote:
Principals have to much power ever a school. Look at the way some of the schools are falling apart expecially the elementary schools
Hows it the principals fault when teachers are not doing their reports. They were supose to keep track of the kids progress I do believe. Someone chime in if I'm wrong.
Caught Red Handed

Oak Ridge, TN

#10 May 15, 2014
tasha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hows it the principals fault when teachers are not doing their reports. They were supose to keep track of the kids progress I do believe. Someone chime in if I'm wrong.
Although it is the teachers "job" Melina White, the Principal at the time, was suppose to collect and review these reports. She did not do her job and then threatened the teachers with losing their jobs if they did not make false reports to cover up the fact that 31 testing documents were missing (never completed). She went to the teachers that she knew she could bully into doing what she wanted them to do. She abused her friendship with coworkers she has known for many years while she was a teacher at the preschool BEFORE she was given her position as the Principal. Its disgusting and heartbreaking. Melinda is not the only one who suffers. Her young daughter now has to live with what her mother has done and the children that the preschool did help are the ones who really suffer.
FYI

Warrenton, VA

#11 May 16, 2014
karen wrote:
Lmao this don't surprise me one bit about the preschool. It's full of deception over their. Just ask Oak ridge school worker Cody Wright how she's too cheep to pay child care for her 3yr old god knows she knows the cost with all the time she's watched children in and out of her home. She can afford it but don't want to cut into her eating out money acting as if she's really some body. The said part is there's kids who parents/parent that can't afford a child care service would loved to of been able to send their child to the preschool this year. I guess if you work for the schools you get sonority over others.
Hopefully with this all coming out things will change how things are being done all around....
Since you know nothing about the preschool, how children are approved to go there I will take a moment to educate you. First off the preschool is not totally funded by headstart so you don't have to be poor to be able to go there. I know Cody and Ed personally and they are good christian people who work hard for what they have. I am assuming you don't know the situation since you don't even know where she works. I will be honest if her trashy ex husband would do his part she wouldn't have it nearly as hard. Kids are tested on many different things and evaluated when parents apply for the preschool. Different things are looked at not only finances. It's really none of anyone's business how many times she eats out! She is a great mom and step mom!
FYI

United States

#13 May 17, 2014
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you know everything you should done know a big % her bills just ask her what she gets a month child support he's never onec missed a payment. Her dear Christian husband don't even pay child support for his son. Cody likes everyone to think she has it so hard her x is a hard working man supporting his family and having to deal with Cody and all her drama and lies.
Mrs Cody has it so hard that's funny that made my day must be nice to be a back stabbing cold hearted bi;(h and still get $700 a month but she has it so heard!!!!!! Omg she's a red headed pig
Well since this is either Ron or Shelly u should know that he just started paying 700 a month and that wouldnt have happened if Ron wasnt proven to be abusive and lets not forget that trashy trailer that is nasty garbage piled up to the knees no wonder kids dont wanna be there. Ed doesnt pay child support bc he has 50/50 custody. The child support she gets gets spent on your child so why be this way. You need to lay off her.
oh please

United States

#14 May 17, 2014
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>Well since this is either Ron or Shelly u should know that he just started paying 700 a month and that wouldnt have happened if Ron wasnt proven to be abusive and lets not forget that trashy trailer that is nasty garbage piled up to the knees no wonder kids dont wanna be there. Ed doesnt pay child support bc he has 50/50 custody. The child support she gets gets spent on your child so why be this way. You need to lay off her.
Either your Cody or she loves telling her lies all through town. She been getting support for I don't know 10 years probably and never received a late payment. It don't take being either one of them to know what he pays!!! He's been paying her big bucks long for she came up with the last lie. It's sad that you say she works hard for her money really well why dose she have to lie one all of her child support forms to get easy money? Ron don't care to pay her crap trust me they pay her double as long as she would leave them alone. He just wants his kid took care of and left alone but she just can't do it.
She got all the time and money she needs so you think she be happy but no. She had to go bother ron while nobody was bother her!!! While his wife was in Ut paralyzed from a car wrack she thought she would entertain herself and call DCS well not knowing when and how bad the crash was just proves she's a evil pig! Who dose that here this man is hoping his wig is going walk aging and she's playing games. I don't like it one bit!

And it don't take a grand jury to see she is a lies big and doesn't care who it affects!
You couldn't ask for a better supporting dad than him that bitch would drain him dry if she could. Then tell everyone he's trash how dare her. He might be able to get a bigger home if he wasn't having to have to fight her in court every time you turn around. He's far from trash works hard every day to support his family. He would just like to do it without cody bothing him it's bad enough he was drug through the mud by her with her lies. But looks pAst it so he can pick his kid up with no problems. Any other trashy dad as you say it could care less and wouldn't fight to see their kid. You should be greatful your kid has a dad that WANTS to be there for them. Sad your teaching your children because someone doesn't have as nice things as you there trash.(Hope you explain "Some of the nice things I buy you is because your daddy pays me your child support every month to do so)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Team owner Hendrick hopeful Earnhardt returns a... 3 hr I know dats right 11
News Russian President Vladimir Putin is the IJF's h... 6 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News City now one of few in Indiana without public pool 11 hr JLJ40 26
News How 19 highly successful people stay in shape 13 hr FrankMills 4
News 5 Things You Didn't Know About Tom Vilsack 17 hr hello 1
News Dodgers Dugout: Is Chris Archer headed to L.A.? Tue YoYers 1
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Tue asdai 42
More from around the web