Sheriff: McCready shot dog before kil...

Sheriff: McCready shot dog before killing herself

There are 63 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Feb 18, 2013, titled Sheriff: McCready shot dog before killing herself. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

A two-year program will bring help from University of Missouri faculty and students to support a goal of attracting artists, tourists and eventually, residents, Lexington, Mo., which, like so many other small towns, seems to be gasping for breath.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

#1 Feb 18, 2013
Well a final determination has not yet been made.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Feb 18, 2013
What a sad thing... I feel so bad for her children...
Alias - Trish

Dexter, MO

#3 Feb 18, 2013
Life can be so tragic for some. *instant tears warm my eyes*

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Feb 19, 2013
ms_Sweeter wrote:
What a sad thing... I feel so bad for her children...
Seem's almost selfish or self-important.....to take your life, leaving behind a 6 year old and 10 month old sons, even killing their dog....

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#5 Feb 19, 2013
poor dog.
Parden pard

Nazareth, PA

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Seem's almost selfish or self-important.....to take your life, leaving behind a 6 year old and 10 month old sons, even killing their dog....
Yeah,,? could've burned the house down too,,,,,,say,,?

Beautiful Black Molly

“I care more about my character”

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#7 Feb 19, 2013
Sounds like a bad country song.

RIP lady, I'll never understand why people commit suicide.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#8 Feb 19, 2013
Well, she sure didn't shoot the dog AFTER she killed herself....
Hillbilly

Dexter, MO

#9 Feb 19, 2013
Beautiful Black Molly wrote:
Sounds like a bad country song.
RIP lady, I'll never understand why people commit suicide.
You might have a better understanding of what drives some to take their lives if it happened to someone you loved.

I keep thinking about the dog too. She didn't want the dog to suffer another loss? Someone said she was engaged to Dean Cain (Superman).
Shoot,(pardon pun) her boyfriend just did the same thing a short time ago and if she had DEAN,,,,?

A good number think about it, but normally the children prevent them from doing it. Tragic.

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#10 Feb 19, 2013
Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
You might have a better understanding of what drives some to take their lives if it happened to someone you loved.
I keep thinking about the dog too. She didn't want the dog to suffer another loss? Someone said she was engaged to Dean Cain (Superman).
Shoot,(pardon pun) her boyfriend just did the same thing a short time ago and if she had DEAN,,,,?
A good number think about it, but normally the children prevent them from doing it. Tragic.
Cain was an earlier flame. The singer's boyfriend, record producer David Wilson, and father of her youngest son, died of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound last month.

She entered rehab shortly thereafter.

In 1997, she became engaged to Dean Cain, star of TV's Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, though the couple broke up in 1998. She also claimed to have had a long-term affair with Major League Baseball pitcher Roger Clemens that began when she was 15.

Beautiful Black Molly

#11 Feb 19, 2013
Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I have suffered a suicide in my family.
My point is that any problem can be worked out, it's a shame that people don't take the trouble to try.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#12 Feb 19, 2013
I don't believe anyone wants to really take their own life. How does anyone that despondent have the ability to help themselves? I don't claim to understand the complexities of a suicidal person. It seems that some people are destined to have the predisposition to go that route, but something has to trigger it for whatever reasons, probably a matter of not dealing with life's problems effectively, growing up in a dysfunctional or abusive home, or perhaps genetics are involved. I only knew 3 people who took their lives, and at that time, they were so despondent depressed and out of reach, nothing seemed to get through to them. All were on prescription meds for depression and that seemed to make them worse after a while. I only know of one who was taking other drugs, other then what was prescribed by the doctor. A close friend of mine killed herself about 5 years ago. She was already on prescription drugs for serious depression. She lost her artist husband to Diabetes years before and never got over it. She had been a drug user since her high school days and perhaps that helped to cause even more problems leading to deep depression and suicidal thoughts. It seemed the last straw was when she learned that her deceased parents were really her aunt and uncle. She had a half sister she never knew about until 2 months before she died. So sad. Life is strange sometimes. I always wanted to be like her. She was the cool one of the crowd - beautiful, statuesque and hip, yet it didn't seem to matter in the end. Was McCready on drugs, taking prescription meds or taking a combination of both? Drug addiction of any kind can change the brain's chemistry, logic, reasoning, etc.; especially if the person has been taking them for a long time.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Since: Apr 10

USA

#13 Feb 19, 2013
They said along with her drug addiction she had mental problems, severe depression etc.

How sad for her family and children that nobody could help her.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends,

Maybe now she can find the peace she couldn't find on earth.

RIP, Mindy.
Hillbilly

Dexter, MO

#14 Feb 19, 2013
Beautiful Black Molly wrote:
<quoted text>
I have suffered a suicide in my family.
My point is that any problem can be worked out, it's a shame that people don't take the trouble to try.
My regret to you and your family for your loss.
Your not suggesting they didn't take the trouble to try are you?
I known those who tried, but you know how it goes when you're down and out and no one wants to know you then.
Hillbilly

Dexter, MO

#15 Feb 19, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cain was an earlier flame. The singer's boyfriend, record producer David Wilson, and father of her youngest son, died of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound last month.
She entered rehab shortly thereafter.
In 1997, she became engaged to Dean Cain, star of TV's Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, though the couple broke up in 1998. She also claimed to have had a long-term affair with Major League Baseball pitcher Roger Clemens that began when she was 15.
I didn't know. I do know Dr. Drew has much to say on the subject as she had appeared on his show for addiction issues. Deadly combination what she suffered.
Hillbilly

Dexter, MO

#16 Feb 19, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
They said along with her drug addiction she had mental problems, severe depression etc.
How sad for her family and children that nobody could help her.
My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends,
Maybe now she can find the peace she couldn't find on earth.
RIP, Mindy.
Dr. Drew stated she was in a treatment program, but only stayed 24 hours. She was concerned about the stigma of addressing her mental stability. I hope you're right about finding peace, as the religious folks will tell you just the opposite.:(
Hillbilly

Dexter, MO

#17 Feb 19, 2013
60s chic wrote:
I don't believe anyone wants to really take their own life. How does anyone that despondent have the ability to help themselves? I don't claim to understand the complexities of a suicidal person. It seems that some people are destined to have the predisposition to go that route, but something has to trigger it for whatever reasons, probably a matter of not dealing with life's problems effectively, growing up in a dysfunctional or abusive home, or perhaps genetics are involved. I only knew 3 people who took their lives, and at that time, they were so despondent depressed and out of reach, nothing seemed to get through to them. All were on prescription meds for depression and that seemed to make them worse after a while. I only know of one who was taking other drugs, other then what was prescribed by the doctor. A close friend of mine killed herself about 5 years ago. She was already on prescription drugs for serious depression. She lost her artist husband to Diabetes years before and never got over it. She had been a drug user since her high school days and perhaps that helped to cause even more problems leading to deep depression and suicidal thoughts. It seemed the last straw was when she learned that her deceased parents were really her aunt and uncle. She had a half sister she never knew about until 2 months before she died. So sad. Life is strange sometimes. I always wanted to be like her. She was the cool one of the crowd - beautiful, statuesque and hip, yet it didn't seem to matter in the end. Was McCready on drugs, taking prescription meds or taking a combination of both? Drug addiction of any kind can change the brain's chemistry, logic, reasoning, etc.; especially if the person has been taking them for a long time.
I knew a man who was addressing his mental instability and three weeks before he shot himself he went through electric shock therapy. He told me the doctors said he was better, but he did not agree.

There is no magic pill and I agree people need to reach out for help and do all they are capable to get the help they need, but what do they do when the help doesn't work. I agree if there is any instability in the brains chemestry and you add alcholol and drugs to the mix, it's deadly combination and that goes for perscription drugs as well. Some doctors aren't very effective either.
Hillbilly

Dexter, MO

#18 Feb 19, 2013
One more note - depression can paralyze the brain and cognitive reactions are not possible. Trama can also effect the brains chemistry and again, add substance abuse to the mix and suicide is likely.

More and more are killing themselves and mental challenges is destroying lives more than anyone may be aware. It shouldn't be taboo or a stigma, but should be broadcasted loud and clear. The evidence is overwhelming noticable with all we've witnessed from those with a problem. Innocent lives are being destroyed and tragic is not big enough a word to describe it. Thanks for letting me share.
Hillbilly

Dexter, MO

#19 Feb 19, 2013
My Apologies,,, may I put one more in?

One more pill to kill the pain.
One last prayer I recite in thy name.
Why have you not answered?
Why do you persist?
Not ruling over me with compassion.
Do you even exist?
I tried to please you.
All doubt was immediately dismissed.
But still no response.
How could you exist?
They say you're real, they say you're there.
All I see is a cultist.
They praise the name of one who is unlikely
to even exist?
You have failed to speak when the gun was against my head.
When the knife lay upon my wrist.
Your guidance is unseen.
Did you ever exist?
But oh "Don't you know that he loves you?"
they always insist.
But how could one love me,
who does not even exist?
Why is there suffering?
Pain is all that this world does consist.
The answer is simple,
he does not exist!
Now when I wake up
smiling with the morning mist,
I am proud to say one thing:
I'm an atheist!

Author Unknown

What to do when God is your silent witness and He's the only one you've got.

Beautiful Black Molly

#20 Feb 19, 2013
Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
My regret to you and your family for your loss.
Your not suggesting they didn't take the trouble to try are you?
I known those who tried, but you know how it goes when you're down and out and no one wants to know you then.
I understand what you are saying, but people who think suicide is the answer are sadly mistaken.
The fact is that they are dumping their problems on their loved ones who have to deal with the aftermath. I think it very sad that someone can't find another soul to reach out to.
We all have issues .... the world is not easy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Not who you think 34,449
News Trump endorses boycott of NFL 2 hr Fart Bondo 607
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) 8 hr Fart Release 264
News Activist burns Nazi-Confederate flag near NASCA... 11 hr Fart Hats 23
News Phelps in hot water again: Swimmer apologizes a... (Feb '09) 11 hr Fart Pool 210
News Father says softball team run unfairly (Apr '10) Fri Did U Fart 197
News FBI Raids Sommet Group In Cool Springs - NewsCh... (Jul '10) Fri That Farts 1,480
More from around the web