Beyond the first round

May 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sports Network

Having previously evaluated the first round of this year's NFL Draft , which didn't appear to yield much in the way of fantasy value, it's time to dig deeper into the seven- round selection process to see if we can find a few nuggets who might help your fantasy roster this season.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated May 14, 2013
steffy

Murrieta, CA

#1 May 11, 2013
I am bummed. I was hoping to see Tim Tebow get a chance to play. It looks like no one will give him a chance. I think he tries so hard and makes the game exciting. If he does not end up doing well then fine at least he tried, but I just think he has not been given a fair shot. The nfl is missing out. I loved watching John Elway play but it took many years for him to win big. It's too bad we do not seem to have the chance to see some of that excitement again.
raiderfaith

Apex, NC

#2 May 11, 2013
If tebow wants to play he needs to consider changing positions. Maybe tight end. He is a horrible qb at best. He proved that in Denver. He has to have a system built around his style. Problem is once defenses figure it out, he is done. Which is why Denver was smart enough to get rid of him..that would have happened with or without manning.
steffy wrote:
I am bummed. I was hoping to see Tim Tebow get a chance to play. It looks like no one will give him a chance. I think he tries so hard and makes the game exciting. If he does not end up doing well then fine at least he tried, but I just think he has not been given a fair shot. The nfl is missing out. I loved watching John Elway play but it took many years for him to win big. It's too bad we do not seem to have the chance to see some of that excitement again.

Since: Mar 13

Foster City, CA

#3 May 11, 2013
raiderfaith wrote:
If tebow wants to play he needs to consider changing positions. Maybe tight end. He is a horrible qb at best. He proved that in Denver. He has to have a system built around his style. Problem is once defenses figure it out, he is done. Which is why Denver was smart enough to get rid of him..that would have happened with or without manning. <quoted text>
I totally agree with you RF.hr would make one hell of a tight end.QB is a very mental position.he just doesn't seem to have it.
Steffy

Phoenix, AZ

#4 May 11, 2013
I don't care what position he plays. I just like to watch winners win and look for the unexpected. I think a team could come up with some creative ways to shake up the defense and use Tim at QB, tight end or whatever. Remember Tim played with punctured lung and two broken ribs against New England in the play offs. Let's look outside the box and play some exciting football. If they blackball him, it sends a message to all players to stay protocol and status quo or you will not get plsy time. How boring.

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

#5 May 13, 2013
I don't like him as a player or as a force feeding platform for Jesus. But, i can recognize and respect his drive and athleticism, which is quite ample. If my world views were more in line with his, then i could see rooting for him, but simply stated, he has a very awkward set of football tools. He isn't fast enough to make people not hit him, so he is forced to take each hit every time he runs(which is often).

He will have a short career.
Steffy

Phoenix, AZ

#6 May 13, 2013
Corran Horn wrote:
I don't like him as a player or as a force feeding platform for Jesus. But, i can recognize and respect his drive and athleticism, which is quite ample. If my world views were more in line with his, then i could see rooting for him, but simply stated, he has a very awkward set of football tools. He isn't fast enough to make people not hit him, so he is forced to take each hit every time he runs(which is often).
He will have a short career.
I just think he really has not played enough to really give a definitive answer. Since most agree he has something special why not give him a real try for season or two? There are plenty of mediocre players on the fields anyway. The best way to "kill" this media obsession is to play the guy and if he.fizzles so will his media.craze. If he by rare chance does great then the team and the nfl be better for it.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#7 May 13, 2013
sorry but, TEBOW ruined himself by tebowing! "in my own opinion"! that brought a lot of attention to himself and now his fans want him to play for a team. but he's not that good! a lot of players go and do their prayers before or after or durring their own little time they have even on the field, which is okay. but TEBOWING right after a (td)? it sure brought more attention then his good plays! all his play's looked like miracle plays rather than skilled plays. i don't think coaches are looking for that in a player. specially "TEBOWING" afterwards! rebow didn't do what coaches wanted him to do. therefor, he's out of a job! don't get me wrong, they didn't ask him to stop tebowing? but, they certainly don't want a miracle scheme player. they want a well skilled scheme player. tebow just didn't have that. wasn't he a heisman trophy winner? whew?! pretty good i say!
RAIDERS 2013!!!

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

#8 May 14, 2013
Didn't this already happen? This was a guy who couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez for playing time.
Steffy wrote:
<quoted text> I just think he really has not played enough to really give a definitive answer. Since most agree he has something special why not give him a real try for season or two? There are plenty of mediocre players on the fields anyway. The best way to "kill" this media obsession is to play the guy and if he.fizzles so will his media.craze. If he by rare chance does great then the team and the nfl be better for it.
steffy

Murrieta, CA

#9 May 14, 2013
Corran Horn wrote:
Didn't this already happen? This was a guy who couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez for playing time.
<quoted text>
No they really did not give him a chance to play out a few games.(Some times for punt team or special teams)They stuck him in here and there but there was no way for him to have any momentum. Most sports analysts report that last year was a wasted year and the Jets and Coach Ryan were very committed to Sanchez. I think the owner and old GM brought Tim in to sell tickets, not really build him up to play for the team. Coach has Sanchez tattooed jersey on his arm so I do not think he was ready to let him go.
RaiderFaith

Linden, NC

#10 May 14, 2013
You can't just give him a try for a season or two at qb. Because you have to build an offense around his style. Then if he gets hurt, there is no back up to slide in without changing your whole offensive scheme. He doesn't want to change positions so he has pigeon holed himself into an undesirable player. Maybe a third string qb to mix it up...be even still too risky.
Steffy wrote:
<quoted text> I just think he really has not played enough to really give a definitive answer. Since most agree he has something special why not give him a real try for season or two? There are plenty of mediocre players on the fields anyway. The best way to "kill" this media obsession is to play the guy and if he.fizzles so will his media.craze. If he by rare chance does great then the team and the nfl be better for it.
steffy

Murrieta, CA

#11 May 14, 2013
RaiderFaith wrote:
You can't just give him a try for a season or two at qb. Because you have to build an offense around his style. Then if he gets hurt, there is no back up to slide in without changing your whole offensive scheme. He doesn't want to change positions so he has pigeon holed himself into an undesirable player. Maybe a third string qb to mix it up...be even still too risky. <quoted text>
I say build an offense that is compatible with him but is not so specialized no back up can come in and play. If can't make it with a supportive but not exclusive to his style offense than I agree he would have had his chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr Buffalo Bull 1,335
Tom Brady is Impossible 1 hr Chad 82
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 27,108
Iran beats US in FIVB Volleyball Men&#712;s World 2 hr Markexe 1
Michael Sam to meet with Dallas Cowboys on Wedn... 2 hr Jerrys Kids 3
Missing man found in Oak Ridge subdivision Miss... 2 hr cudzu bandit 3
Man indicted on reckless endangerment charge Ti... 2 hr Pearl Jam 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••