Trading R.A. Dickey

Trading R.A. Dickey

There are 20 comments on the Amazin' Avenue story from Oct 25, 2012, titled Trading R.A. Dickey. In it, Amazin' Avenue reports that:

There has been too much discussion about this topic in other threads. It has to become its own thread at this point.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Amazin' Avenue.

XFlushing Fan

Elmhurst, NY

#1 Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Clemente kiss my ever loving Met butt!
If it weren't for R.A. Dickey the Mets would have been the sludge of the National League.
R.A. Dickey deserves not only the respect of his peers, the fans and the Wilpon/Anderson management team. The contract should reflect how much he has given to the team, fan base and the butts in the seats (He was the only draw in the second half of the season.
Let us bring respect and talent back to CitiField before the seats in the stands remain empty forever.
Billy Ringo

United States

#2 Oct 26, 2012
Dickey - that's the old man who got his ass kicked by the Yankees during inter-league play.

If old man Coupon has any common sense (a big IF there) he'll get rid of this useless, old POS and rebuild the Mutts franchise with younger players.
XFlushing Fan

Elmhurst, NY

#3 Oct 26, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
Dickey - that's the old man who got his ass kicked by the Yankees during inter-league play.
If old man Coupon has any common sense (a big IF there) he'll get rid of this useless, old POS and rebuild the Mutts franchise with younger players.
Oh, really, Dickey is an old man? Try the over paid, under achieving A-Rod for 30 million a year? Then open your mouth and say something intelligent for a change of pace.
Billy Ringo

Noblesville, IN

#4 Oct 31, 2012
XFlushing Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, really, Dickey is an old man? Try the over paid, under achieving A-Rod for 30 million a year? Then open your mouth and say something intelligent for a change of pace.
Why are you changing the subject? This thread is about Dickey, not A-Rod.

Incidentally, A-Rod plays 3rd base for the AL East Champions. What did the Mutts win?
XFlushing Fan

Elmhurst, NY

#5 Nov 1, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Incidentally, A-Rod plays 3rd base for the AL East Champions. What did the Mutts win?
Yes, but you folded like a cheap tent against the Tigers with a mega million dollar payroll and a lot of ego, but no World Series ring to go with it!
So don't make dumb ass comments about the Mets, anyone who doesn't win the Series are all losers!
XFlushing Fan

Elmhurst, NY

#6 Nov 1, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject was you calling Dickey an old man. He won 20 games despite a serious abdominal tear and went the distance for his team. Has A-Rod, also 'aged', ever lived up to his gigantic salary in the post season, no! All that that old fart can do is flirt with women when his team is going down like the Titanic in the playoffs.
Also, if you are a Yankee fan, why are you always on the Mets thread?
Billy Ringo

United States

#7 Nov 1, 2012
XFlushing Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject was you calling Dickey an old man. He won 20 games despite a serious abdominal tear and went the distance for his team. Has A-Rod, also 'aged', ever lived up to his gigantic salary in the post season, no! All that that old fart can do is flirt with women when his team is going down like the Titanic in the playoffs.
Also, if you are a Yankee fan, why are you always on the Mets thread?
Winning 20 games in the NL is like wining 10 against the AL.

The Mutts roster needs to be blown up and Coupon and his stupid kid need to start over.
NL Psychiatric Monitor

Elmhurst, NY

#8 Nov 2, 2012
Mr Ringo,
Why would a Yankee Fan troll around a Met site to put his 2 cents in? Of course the Met's have their problems, but they don't need advice from a Yankee fan who is trying to feel better about another lost season despite the largest payroll in the sport (or any sport). Met fans have no envy of the Yankee's. The SF Giants maybe (even the Cardinals last year), hey they're NL Teams by the way whose combined payroll don't exceed the Yankees. Please stay on your side of the fence, we've got problems here your not qualified to solve. And you've got problems you're also not qualified to solve. Don't spread yourself too thin and think you can solve or suggest anything useful. Get drunk and wait till next year, just like we have to! Hey I guess we do have something in common.
Go NL!
Billy Ringo

United States

#9 Nov 5, 2012
NL Psychiatric Monitor wrote:
Mr Ringo,
Why would a Yankee Fan troll around a Met site to put his 2 cents in? Of course the Met's have their problems, but they don't need advice from a Yankee fan who is trying to feel better about another lost season despite the largest payroll in the sport (or any sport). Met fans have no envy of the Yankee's. The SF Giants maybe (even the Cardinals last year), hey they're NL Teams by the way whose combined payroll don't exceed the Yankees. Please stay on your side of the fence, we've got problems here your not qualified to solve. And you've got problems you're also not qualified to solve. Don't spread yourself too thin and think you can solve or suggest anything useful. Get drunk and wait till next year, just like we have to! Hey I guess we do have something in common.
Go NL!
We have nothing in common, troll.

This is Topix - a PUBLIC board - anyone can post anywhere they please.
XFlushing Fan

Elmhurst, NY

#10 Nov 15, 2012
Congratulations to the 2012 National League Cy Young Award winner - R.A. Dickey. Yes, a NY Mets pitcher has won the coveted award, enough said!
Mets Fan Forever

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Nov 21, 2012
Congrats to R.A. Dickey!!!! Btw, Stankee fans, THIS JUST IN: C.C. Sabathia has just won the 1st annual Twinkie Memorial Eating Contest and A-Bum has won yet another $5000 in the Annual Johnny Roast Beef Mafia Poker Tournament!!!! Btw, THIS JUST IN: Derek Jeter was well protected during the Superstorm by his boyfriend Carson Kressley LOL. I can see it now: Mets and Tigers in the 2013 World Series and the Stankees in the gutter just like that drunk whore Lindsay Lohan.(FYI, Did you see her on Leno? She had some Jack and did her usual Bolivian Marching Powder as well). LETS GO METS and Do the Proper Thing by signing BOTH Dickey and Wright to extensions w/ NO TRADE CLAUSES!!!
Mets Fan Forever

Maywood, NJ

#12 Nov 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving to the millions of loyal Mets fans and give thanks. Plus hopefully by next Turkey Day, we will be thankful after the Mets win the 2013 World Series!!!!!
Paul McCartney

New Rochelle, NY

#13 Nov 28, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
What did the stanks win? Dickey won CY Young, you got swept by the Tigers
Billy Ringo

United States

#14 Nov 28, 2012
Paul McCartney wrote:
<quoted text>
What did the stanks win? Dickey won CY Young, you got swept by the Tigers
NY Yankees won the AL East

What did the Mutts win?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#15 Dec 3, 2012
RA Dickey for President!

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#16 Dec 13, 2012
We still have yet to see if Dickey is only a one year wonder or the real thing. If the Mets can get some blue chip prospects in return for such an aging pitcher, such a trade might make sense.
Mets Fan Forever

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Dec 15, 2012
If I were GM Beetle Bailey aka Sandy Alderson (BTW, time to get a new first name after what happened in Late Oct and yesterday); I would sign R.A. to that extension and trade Dillon Gee to the Tigers for Jersey native Rick Porcello and a couple of outfield prospects.
Billy Ringo

New York, NY

#18 Dec 16, 2012
Dickey was so good, the Mutts dumped to Toronto for a nobody.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#20 Dec 20, 2012
entrenched wrote:
I agree with the trade, got a blue chip catching prospect . Even with Dickey the Mets didnt have enough to compete. They have 2 bluechipper pitching and a bluechip catching prospect to go along with Wright . That is a good start to rebuiding!
Dickey is no spring chicken and only started to become a quality pitcher in his mid to late 30's. He could turn out to be a short term wonder, and even if this past season was not a fluke, how much does a pitcher his age still have left in the tank? Meanwhile the Mets have gotten two of the best propects from the Blue Jays system. Only time will tell if this is a good deal or a bad deal for either the Jays or the Mets. Ie was a gamble for both teams which will likely have some immediate upside for the Jays while having longer term possible upside for the Mets, but que sera sera.
Mets Fan Forever

Maywood, NJ

#21 Dec 24, 2012
Still conflicted about the trade but baseball is a business as well as a game. GM Beetle Bailey is making all the right moves so far and in 2013 the Mets can contend. The Phillies are getting older, the Braves no longer has that hick Larry Jones, the Marlins couldn't beat the Long Island Ducks and the Nationals maybe a one-hit wonder like Milli Vanilli. Plus the last time I checked, the MLB commish is Bud Selig and not Vickie Guerrero. Anything can happen in sports look at the Indianapolis Colts and the Los Angeles Clippers. I want to wish all my fellow Mets fans a Merry Christmas and a Winning 2013.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can NASCAR's Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Moto... 23 min Cup pharter 7
News Vols believe they can thrive amid lack of prese... 5 hr TheyPhartt 2
News Skating club offers new power skating program (Sep '11) 5 hr SkatePhartse 5
News Leathertown Festival fun (Aug '12) 22 hr Festival Phartse 3
News Iowa State Players in Professional Football: Pa... Fri Part Phartse 4
News Wis. Officials Arrest Dozens In National Sex Tr... Fri These pharts 2
News Opinion: Skirting LPGA rules of skimpy outfits Thu WhyPhart 2
More from around the web