Funny or offensive? Tennis player imitates Serena Williams

Dec 12, 2012 Full story: WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg 11

In Brazil for an exhibition match against Maria Sharapova over the weekend, Caroline Wozniacki decided to channel her inner Serena Williams.

Read more
Mensa2

Augusta, GA

#1 Dec 12, 2012
That was a disgusing and unprofessional Act!! I think she should get slapped with a 20,000 fine! Heck if she wants to be like, she should try WINNING A "GRAND SLAM"! If she wants to imitate Ms. Williams!

“Pet me or I'll bite you”

Since: Jul 07

Richardson, Texas

#2 Dec 12, 2012
Imitation is flattery.

Stop the political correctness and oversensitivity.
The Paisan

Medford, NY

#4 Dec 12, 2012
It was done in a joking fashion.....nothing maliscious. I'd rather do her than Serena anyway.

OK, let's move on now.....nothing more to see here.
WTF

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Dec 12, 2012
Serena came out with a T shirt that had written across her chest area "are you looking at my titles"? Could this be an inside joke in the tennis community?
Mahakavi

Wake Forest, NC

#6 Dec 12, 2012
MJayM wrote:
Imitation is flattery.
Stop the political correctness and oversensitivity.
If you want to imitate, try winning at least one grand slam. Stuffing towels in your chest to look like somebody else is not imitation. It is in poor taste!
Honesty

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Dec 12, 2012
I don't find it any more offensive as Caroline Wozniacki find it offensive if some skinny black woman walked on court with a wide book in her pants and wearing a blonde wig. I think the reason it is being viewed as racist is because Wozniacki has lost a considerable amount of weight and skinny white girls can't talk about any woman if they are a lot heavier than they are. Wozniackii began tennis as a pretty big girl. I'm sure she heard enough people refer to her as being fat. Now it's her turn to poke fun. It isn't as if no one knows what Serena Williams looks like.

The only reason no one laughs or talks about white girls have flat and wide behinds is because there are so many.
Honesty

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Dec 12, 2012
WTF wrote:
Serena came out with a T shirt that had written across her chest area "are you looking at my titles"? Could this be an inside joke in the tennis community?
Just saying.
Peter

Liverpool, UK

#9 Dec 13, 2012
I think it was jealousy not long ago wozniacki was no1 in world
Without winning a grand slam
Serena just had maybe her best year ever and winning her 15 slam and I remember her Olympic match
Against wozniacki in Wimbledon and she blew her off the Court
Don Cherry

Medford, NY

#10 Dec 14, 2012
Peter wrote:
I think it was jealousy not long ago wozniacki was no1 in world
Without winning a grand slam
Serena just had maybe her best year ever and winning her 15 slam and I remember her Olympic match
Against wozniacki in Wimbledon and she blew her off the Court
NO. I don't remember that.
Peter

Liverpool, UK

#11 Dec 14, 2012
Am from England every event in the olympics was live on bbc
Including the tennis think she played wozniacki third round
And like I said blew her off court
Peter

Liverpool, UK

#12 Dec 14, 2012
And I might add blew sharapove off court in the final to win gold medal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lufthansa: Co-pilot told flight school of depre... 19 min Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Bills' Rex Ryan: 'We're coming after' the Patriots 25 min Laughing Bear Fan 26
News Tom Brady Jumps Off a Giant Cliff 35 min Laughing Bear Fan 9
News Patriots owner Kraft takes stand in Aaron Herna... 40 min Pervert Alert 5
News Are the Dolphins the new favorite to win AFC East? (Oct '14) 49 min Terents Fake IP Land 632
News Stunned loved ones hold candlelight vigil for P... (May '11) 58 min Braelyn 13
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 59 min stewart scott 29,306
More from around the web