Why I Want Todd Haley Out as Steelers...

Why I Want Todd Haley Out as Steelers Offensive Coordinator: For Professional and Personal Reasons

There are 9 comments on the NicePickCowher story from Jan 5, 2013, titled Why I Want Todd Haley Out as Steelers Offensive Coordinator: For Professional and Personal Reasons. In it, NicePickCowher reports that:

December 23, 2012; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd haley talks with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on the sidelines against the Cincinnati Bengals during the third quarter at Heinz Field.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NicePickCowher.

Greg

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#1 Jan 5, 2013
It doesn't matter. If the backs can't or won't protect the ball when they get it or the receivers can't catch the ball, the so called system is irrelevant. They need to find a head coach to start fresh and they have to get some real players that want to win. The Steelers are heavy with a lot of what I refer to as fakers. Guys that run around all over the place with out really doing anything. Troy is a perfect example of this. When was his last interception? When was his last sack? Now think about his first three years on the team. He is not the only one. They need to find their passion for the game again and that will come with Tomlin getting the boot.
steelo

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Greg wrote:
It doesn't matter. If the backs can't or won't protect the ball when they get it or the receivers can't catch the ball, the so called system is irrelevant. They need to find a head coach to start fresh and they have to get some real players that want to win. The Steelers are heavy with a lot of what I refer to as fakers. Guys that run around all over the place with out really doing anything. Troy is a perfect example of this. When was his last interception? When was his last sack? Now think about his first three years on the team. He is not the only one. They need to find their passion for the game again and that will come with Tomlin getting the boot.
REALLY!!! One game away from playoffs, one ok season and their garbage!!!?? RELAX,COUCH SACK!! injuries was the biggest factor or did you not see this on your 19in tv.... when they start having bad seasons not games then its time to think bout changing coaches...
dan woods

United States

#3 Jan 7, 2013
Greg u definately don't know what's going on here!let me shed some light on the matter for ya.first we get a new offense coordinator plus a new playbook to learn which puts a spin on things after being used to a playbook there use to having so that doesn't just bloosom overnight,takes time.second we have had a good bit of injuries this yr with vetran players so that adds more weight.if any1 thought that with all that and was expecting a Super bowl ring this yr then u better keep buyn those cracker jacks boxes.tomlin is not the problem,the team Not TOMLIN had a crappy season.I like to c u tell Troy what u said to his face lol.that b Priceless without a doubt but I'm sure afterwards he will give ya few Hell marys!
Carl

Plant City, FL

#4 Jan 8, 2013
Seems like there are still a few who have a man crush on Tomlin when the reality is, it is the head coachs job to make sure the team wins the games they are supposed to win and most of the losses for the first 3/4's of the season had nothing to do with injuries just an incompetent coach. Besides no matter what anybody says the truth is having Colon on the sidelines upgraded the offensive line so that injury doesn't count.
Derek

Louisville, KY

#5 Jan 8, 2013
wow u got to be mad 1bad season and fire the coach u should fire all the coaches then all teams go threw this u need to just relax and let life go on
Greg

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#6 Jan 13, 2013
It's not just one bad season. It's his entire approach. Every team has injuries. imho on my 50 inch plasma (@steelo) he is a cheerleader not a coach. How many times have the Steelers settled for field goals when sitting at 4th and a yard or less? Then just to go on and lose the game by what feels like a few points. It happens game after game. I didn't like Tomlin from day one. He inherited a super bowl team, road it to the super bowl and it has been degenerating ever sense. My life goes on regardless Derek but exchanging opinions are what forums are all about. 8-))
rob

Canton, OH

#7 Jan 13, 2013
I agree in away you dont run your kicker on a fake to get a 4th and one! You dont go for a 4th and one at the 50 in a 13-3 game when your offense has done nothing ! Just 2 of crazy play i seen Tomlin do this yr! There were many more !
Paul bleeds Purple

Bel Air, MD

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Ain't the beer cold!
ColdSteel44

Mission, TX

#9 Jan 15, 2013
I am amaze at this fire the coach request. Steelers coach before Tomlin was there for 15 years, and only won 1 Super Bowl. Never heard one time about firing him...sound like you guys do not like Tomlin for your personal reasons. Pull off the white hood and show your real self!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Santa Cruz Warriors arena: Stay or go? 4 hr Woof 3
News Ohio.com - Neighbor fights court order to move (Nov '07) 19 hr Terrence g 308
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr Trojan 32,307
News Glory Johnson-Griner To Miss Entire 2015 WNBA S... (Jun '15) Sat Go Blue Forever 12
News Team owner Hendrick hopeful Earnhardt returns a... Sat judylbrown3 7
News Fines levied for warmup shirts Sat Terry Bollister 2
News Kevin Harvick hopes for another Brickyard 400 win Sat judylbrown3 1
More from around the web