College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1143 Jun 17, 2014
Great match, except a scoreless tie is disconcerting.....Mexico's goalie was excellent...Some outrageous fans eh?..all painted up...Like a Raider game...lol....I think seeing Egypt would have been fascinating before now...it's too weird now, and unsafe....Had several good Egyptian friends over the years....one goes to Dubai on vacation...lol....Concert sound's good...hope the weather stays nice......Seem's like the Falls would make too much noise?......Look's like Special Forces have captured one of the Benghazi attackers....we still have balls, just yanking some asshole outta Libya, eh?...Guess as the big guys, we get carte blanche globally.....Hope they get some great poop, outta him......My dad was Army, they say things like, Whatsa latest poop?...lol...

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1144 Jun 18, 2014
I love those soccer fans...Painted up like raider fans... every game is holloween...They seem to have a great time...Even in the MLS they act that way, I had seen a Portland v. Seattle game the MLS team in Seattle sells out the SeaHawks stadium and they sing christmas carrols all game long... I had missed the second half of Brazil v. Mexico the Mexican goalie did have some great saves...Only one nil-nil the pace of scoring is up from previous cups....
Your geography is just a little off the Niagara gorge is 10 miles long going from the Falls to Lake Ontario...Artpark is at the Lake Ontario end .... Widespread panic was supposed to play a two set show...they played one set and played until the weather turned ugly...The storm was a doozy some biblical rain and heavy ightening... Sunday we have another outdoor show... Derek Trucks from the Allman brothers
my nephew is out of Afghanistan...safe and sound...While he was over there the Army offered him a new job so he is no longer a master sgt. in the 82nd airborn...He is in some intense re-training... Serve re-training they put these guys through.. simulated capture and interrogation... his new job seems less safe than the 82nd

Location hidden

#1145 Jun 18, 2014
I love watching the fans too......Watched a segment about the love for Seattle's team, and the great sellouts they get....I really like the Seattle area....I thought Mexico's goalie played lights out....Watched the end of Korea-Russia, another boring tie.....Your probably gonna get some upcoming weather too....looking at what Wisconsin and Michigan are getting....Must be nice, when it's cool enough to do the outdoor concerts?.....Sound's like your nephew has seen some stuff, eh? What does he think about his Afghanistan experience?.....i think it looks, along with Yemen and Somalia like the armpit of the world...lol...82nd Airborne is who my stepdad fought with in WW II.......Bull, have you ever seen the movie, Zero Dark Thirty? About the finding of Osama Bin Laden?....Can't remember the actresses name, but she won an Oscar recently.....

Buffalo, NY

#1146 Jun 18, 2014
i haven't seen zero dark thirty... hear it was a good movie... i'l see on cable soon , i am sure...
My nephews Iraq-Afghan experence is a mixed bag...his first deployment in Iraq morale was high...individual missions were accomplished even if the over all mission was a train wreck....With each deployment morale sank lower... The guys with problems at home or in between the ears began to act out these problems...
So far the World Cup had been a great event...has nicely deflected our attention awwayfrom the lack of other sports options this time of the year...
The outdoor concerts and other outdoor crap we can do all summer is one of the best things about where we live up here... You and my sister can sit back in Arizona. and Florida and tease me in January ...June,, july and August... we got it good...

Buffalo, NY

#1148 Jun 20, 2014
Yesterday was a rough one........back out..Pilled up so I was dumb and slow....Have a loritab hangover... thus this is brief
England v. Uraguay was a good game...rough loss for the English to take. A couple incidence of fan violence gave me a bad feeling. 15 English fans were attacks by a large group of Uraguayan fans. Tookk place in the city.. There was a large scale attempt for ticket less fans to enter the stadium...
Think it's time for a quiick nod...
later

Location hidden

#1149 Jun 20, 2014
Hope you are feeling better now.....I've noticed, much of retirement for me, is a series of doctor appointments.....I think England is history, since Costa Rica won.....Poor Switzerland, they don't have enough people, to challenge France.....I've seen alot of rude brit soccer fan thugs, drinking overseas......seems they would have something on our news about it.....See where Pat Riley talked about a re-arm, instead of a rebuild, for both fans and players.....Wish they could renew D-Wades knee.....Get some rest, talk when you feel up to it.....

Buffalo, NY

#1150 Jun 20, 2014
Felling much better .. but sleeping during the day is going to kill sleeping tonight...Ah well.. your right getting old is a b*tch...
England is toast... Costa Rica beat Italy putting the English out.... Tomorrow Germany plays Ghana if Germany wins our path in is easier... If we beat Portugal Sunday were in if we tie ....Then Portugal would be depending on Germany beating USA and Portugal beating Ghana by a 4 goal margin...
Link to a story in an English paper to the story of the English fans getting attacked in Brazil...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/wor...
Tomorrow another outdoor concert Tedeschi-Trucks band...Derek Trucks from the Allman Brothers and his b-eautiful wife Susan Tedeschi... She can sing the paint off the walls and isn't hard on the eyes either..

Location hidden

#1151 Jun 21, 2014
Here, we usually root for Germany and Netherlands, anyway...lol...Glad you're feeling better...I take two Exedrin PM's every night, and i still only sleep 5-6 hours.....Costa Rica looks good.....With Altidore out, i wonder why they can't call Donovan?.....Still haven't figured out "offsides".....seems a bit different from hockey....Bought news Asics shoes yesterday at Sports Authority....was checking out the Soccer jerseys....Spanish ones weren't on clearance yet...lol....Your concert sounds good, hope the weather is nice.....105 in Las Vegas yesterday.....imagine trying to walk around and see stuff there........

Buffalo, NY

#1152 Jun 22, 2014
Thanks. I am feeling better...
Last nite's show Tedeschi-Trucks band was very nice...Temperatures in the 70's and sunny when it started... it was held In the Naval & servicemen park at the muth off lke Erie...Theres a retired World War II desttroyer.the 'Little rock" and also there is a submarine of the same vintage... Have you ever been in a submarine.. close quarters to say the least.
Looking forward to 6 pm and the USA v. Portugal game
Offsides is real a simple concept... your most forward attacking player can not be past my deepest defender when a pass leaves the foot of the passing player...think of it as the bue line moves to the depth of the deepest defender...
I am fairly sure the rosster for the World Cup are set when a team plays its first game so it is to late for Donovan...

Location hidden

#1153 Jun 22, 2014
Glad you've improved....70's is a nice evening, but we only get that before sunup.....I was picking up a family friend on a Nuclear Sub at Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale, but never went in.....many years ago.....The Destroyer must be impressive....Sports pages down here are saying Fins free agent investment, ex-Bronco RB, Knowshawn Moreno came to minicamp in poor condition....Miami is not a place to do 2 a days, and be outta shape.....Some of these clowns, have alotta guts....sign for millions, then just fuckoff until the real camp starts.....Guess we are gonna find out just how good our USA team is, eh?.....Fl Panthers hired new coach..Gerard Gallant....He had coached Columbus, then was a Asst on Canadians....

Buffalo, NY

#1154 Jun 22, 2014
We have found out how good team USA is...Our boys have enough "want to"... Enough skill...which makes them just good enough to break your heart.... We had the better of the play... Portugal threw up their best game and we spoted them a goal...The only problem was the tie...Oh well we are in decent shape...
The ships in the Service mans park are impressive...The Little Rock saw service from late 1944 to the end of the war...I cant help but to imagine the ship under fire....Those guys had balls...Imagine being part of the destroyer screen taking on the kamakazi in order to protect an aircraft carrier... imagine being on a floating target... The sub is too cramped I know I could not have done that...
I have hear a lot of good things about Gallant...the Panthers are a tough job...If i was going to be hired as coach of a crappy team ...I would perfer the Sabres job.....More to work with and attendance wont be an issue..
Moreno not being in shape is a diffrrent kind of balls...He seemed to be an effective player...It hurts when some guy on the team is only in it dor the money

Location hidden

#1155 Jun 23, 2014
Very exciting match, and am so glad we at least tied....thought the blond midfielder for US screwed up twice toward the end, missing a pass...then allowing the turnover, just before the last goal.....67 seconds...Wow.......I would probably prefer a destroyer or carrier, over storming the beach on D-Day or Tarawa.....I smoked, so subs are out...Closest i ever got was a recruiter in college...since my dad was a pilot, he thought the Navy air corps needed me...lol....but, alas i sucked at math.....2S status during Vietnam meant, never leave school...lol....Closest to the Little Rock for me, was the tour of the "Bounty" from the Marlon Brando film, docked in St. Petersburg.....We've only been to two Panther games, and they have a great stadium here....FL has too many distractions .....Regardless of the trifling, Moreno...This year is crucial for Tannehill.....BTW, Did you see Michelle Wie in purple shorts?....

Buffalo, NY

#1156 Jun 23, 2014
You may be statisticaly correct on your odds on a destroyer or storming the beach at normandy...But the idea of being trapped below decks on a sinking ship is more frightening and so is the USS. Indianopolis scenario... If you recall the indianopolis was sunk after delivering the A-Bomb... The survivers spent days a drift being attacked by sharks... In any case.... those men ..are real men.
Was a hell of a good game....this stuff is good enough to make soccer a lot of new fans here... They showed the game on big screens at serviceman's park here, some 3,000 - 4,000 showed up for it
Michelle Wie in purple shorts...yummmy... I have a dream where I am marooned on a desert island with boatload of oriental golfers and Russian women' tennis stars.. Is it me or are they are making women athletes hotter tthese days?

Location hidden

#1157 Jun 23, 2014
Michelle Wie was alway's hot....it just felt kinda pervy, when she was 15......Bet half of the guys there, dreamed of chewing off those shorts....lol....Sharipova and her would be the way to go.....Cause you know, occasionally .....eating Chinese just isn't enough....you want something different....lol....Alway's remember Quint telling about the Indianapolis in, Jaws......Justifiably, only Chinese fishermen should be fed to the sharks....think of it as the environment's payback.....Since most of our exit of Iraq was orchectrated by Bush/Cheney.....it was shocking to see Dick Cheney on Sunday's news shows, further cementing his epitaph as a total asshole....Even Megyn Kelly on Fox, got after him....shocking.....Alotta big divisions in the current GOP.....

Buffalo, NY

#1158 Jun 24, 2014
On Wei....You know what thay say about eating Chinese...an hour later you wanna eat again....two true facts...one is the fact that Wei provokes buckets of drool...second...we are nasty old farts...and in dinosauers of our vintage it's far more roar than bite
Fox giving Cheney a rough time may not be a sign of the huge split in the GOP...It might be just Cheney being insane, toxic and friendless, he thus becomes a free and easy target...Fox can now claim to be balanced ...Just picture Cheney as the Chinese fisherman being used as chum....
That scene in Jaws is one of my favorite scenes in any movie...Beginning with the comparing of scars...I wonder if those 3 guys knew they were making gold... love those fantastic segments from the movies... Slim Pickens riding the bomb in Strangelove... Hepburn pouring out Bogarts booze in African Queen... O'Toole and Sharif after the slaughter of the Turks in Lawrence of Arabia

Location hidden

#1159 Jun 24, 2014
Dick Cheney-Megyn Kelly is just fascinating, but there are some divisions within the GOP...Teaparty is the biggest....Personally. I'm not sure i can stomach many more Congressional Hearings....it's Darrell Issa and many other's way of showing they are actually doing something, without really doing anything.......Darrell Issa.."Are the camera's ready?...Tell Mister DeMille, i am ready for my close-up"...lol....Loved Jaws, but not sure Peter Benchly did'nt harm the shark species forever.....One of my fave scenes is from Open Range....when Robert Duval smashes a badguy on the side of the head, with a rifle butt....then say's..."You'll listen outta your good ear, now".....Bull, something too cool occured this morning...Drop my wife at her job and a black guy points at my Michigan front plate and smiles.....Turn's out it is Anthony Carter...incredible, i shook his hand and told him i am a big fan....Turn's out he is from West Palm Beach.....was a superstar at Go Blue....

Buffalo, NY

#1161 Jun 24, 2014
THE ABOVE MESSAGE WAS REJECTED TWICE...WHAT THHHE F*CCK WAS WRONG WITH IT

Buffalo, NY

#1162 Jun 24, 2014
Me objecting was rejected...this SH*T is stupid

Location hidden

#1163 Jun 24, 2014
Wonder if it's one of these a-holes on this forum?

Buffalo, NY

#1164 Jun 25, 2014
Blue..if it is just the filter setting being screwed up then... iit,s just toopix being dumb...If it is one of the delusional Faux-Patriot...liars that infest the political section..the dumb that seeps from thier pores is why i don't bother with those discussions...
BUt...Blue...The quantity of politiics that we cover is small... almost beside the point... did you piss one or more of them off...?
If so...good job...
Did you see the Uruguayan... sink his teeth into the Italian?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can we forgive athletes who stiff the president? 1 hr EspeciallyPhartss 20
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 1 hr ForePhartss 97
News Bizarre finish has Raptors crying foul after lo... 4 hr CanPhartzs 117
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr WakPhartzs 32,754
This college run sports discussion show is fant... 4 hr DefinitelyPharts 2
News Here are all the 76ers' potential draft picks i... 16 hr NextPhartzz 2
News Trump Might Be Planning to Deploy the National ... Sun LongPhart 5
More from around the web