College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#670 Feb 19, 2014
Wow....watched much of the replay of Russia-Finland....what a shocker...felt sorry for Datsyuk, as he had played well...bet Putin is really pissed, eh?.....Rask played great....How good are these Finns?.....Many of the russians may be selfish and immature, like i have heard about many of the women.....It may be that all their freedoms(sic) have negated the devotion.....So, if i have it right....we play Canada and Finland plays Sweden, then those two winners are the Gold Medal Finale...Right?....An another note, i found an article in my Palm Beach Post...about a drop in building and construction confidence in February.....a bad trend...anyway i thought about clipping it to post, then i thought....all the denial and lies dished out.....my detractors don't deserve the display of honesty....lol....As for the pro-black agenda...or Social Engineering....it is everywhere and the saddest part is that much of it is funded by our tax money.....Media is only a tool.....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#671 Feb 20, 2014
You have the hockey scedule correct...The two biggest and nastiest rivalaries in international hockey...The USA v. Canada speaks for it's self to Swede's and the Finn's are just as intense...Way back when the Winnepeg Jets of the brand new WHA brought the first europeans over they found having Swede's and Finn's on the same team didn't work out so well, they hated each other more than the other WHA teams....The women play for the gold today at noon..You are right the media is a tool...and it has no conscience...The drop in building construction and a slow down in other indicators is only a small downward blip...the weather has had an effect on building starts...If the trend is continued into the spring then we can worry...and I wouldn't give the negative creatures any ammo...they will get thier own..or make shit up if they can't find any facts..
Everyone has an agenda, I accept that ..the only thing I reject is strident uncompromising agenda's..I am moderate..and i wont compromise my moderation...lol

Location hidden

#672 Feb 20, 2014
Interesting economic trend...Fidelity Investments announced Tuesday, that American worker's 401K's have increased in earnings, more than double, since 2009......Many don't understand, much of business is just the interpretation of trends.....Also heard, if Comcast is allowed to buy Time-Warner, the #1 cable provider will be buying the #2 cable provider, setting up for 46 of 48 of the largest metropolitan areas of the U.S., will be left with a single cable choice.....Sorry, I'm a bit wound up...lol...Still can't figure out what happened to the russian team, and with all that talent?....I get the Swede-Finn rivalry....in highschool we hated the rich kid's school.....they were great at basketball and golf, we were great in the parking lot....lol....I'm looking forward to the girl's today....Glad Ligaty won gold in the giant slalom....Syracuse finally lost one.....I'm pulling for Steve Fisher at San Diego State.....

Buffalo, NY

#673 Feb 20, 2014
We have a single cable company within city limits, Time warner. You can of course get dish\ TV or directTV...I don't understand the monopoly you could pick from endless numbers of long distance providers..all using the same lines...Two reasons why many Americans don't understand the stock market. First is not everyone has a 401k..second is the instant gratification mentality that is hard to displace...I think i can explain, in terms you will instantly recognize, the reason why the Russians lost with all that talent ...almost all of those wonderfully talented men are the long lost Sedin brothers. Why do the Swedes win? No one has ever confused Kronwall, oduya, Landeskog or Zetterberg with a Sedin and that Lundquist guy between the pipes...In high school we had the same thing City v. Suburbs The kids in the suburbs were all full of their condescending parents shit about the city that they had just moved out of...Don't worry about getting wound up ...we all do..Currently I may be cranky...My litigant companies trail has been over and we are all waiting on the judge....

Location hidden

#674 Feb 20, 2014
So sad to see the USA women lose like that, at the very end.....you have to lose to win the silver medal....They all looked pissed, receiving their medals, probably should be pissed that they kinda choked.....Hope the guys can play better tomorrow....We have Comcast and they win you over by bundling the landline/cable/internet service....I've never had a cell phone.....lol.....never used an ATM.....They were talking about Clowney's questionable work ethics and how that might help Jahlil Mack in the draft....I think the Combine starts this weekend....Dolphins should take a shot at getting Martin back, before the draft...So they don't have to draft a tackle AGAIN......lol.....

Buffalo, NY

#675 Feb 21, 2014
The women did choke if you have a two goal lead with a few minutes to go...the difference was goaltending and coaching...The ref and lineswomen were awful...Also the quality of the teams other than USA & Canada is a bit soft....However girls can play a good game..The Swedes beat the Finns so the gold medal game will be Sweden v. our games winner...I believe that we have a better team we are better in goal we can score with the Canadians...our weakness...Canada has a better second and third set of defensemen...They need to work our defense...We will want it to be a track meet...if our defense can clear our zone cleanly we win...The combine is this weekend Clowney most likely will be the first defensive player based on Bruce Smith abilties...I don't know if his work ethic is strong enough...Fish will need a couple 'O' linemen a tackle be it Martin or someone else and a guard to replace Incognito...If they get the line together you'll find out about Tanneyhill

Buffalo, NY

#676 Feb 21, 2014
Less than an hour and I have recieved taunts from contact people at a Canadian company... enough to make you want to sell...Naw not really...In an hour or two when I am capable of being gracious, i'll reply....The first 15 minutes were almost even after that the USA forwards did very little to obstruct in the neutral zone...after that the avalanche started ..A Canadian winger could gain speed through the nuetral zone and be right on our Defenseman's ass..prevnting our getting out of our zone quickly...The most important facet of the game in my mind...Making mud out of the neutral zone was my specialty...it's easy just skate in the paths of the guys with out the puck...We had our forwards chase the puck...
The Canadians played a better game.

Location hidden

#677 Feb 21, 2014
I agree...even though it was a good game to watch...very fast....thought Canada played defense much better than our team, and Quick did a fantastic job allowing only one goal....Let's face it Bull...It's still their game, but we are getting closer...Hope they keep the NHL guys in the Olympics...Guess an Islander was out for the season, and the NHL team get's a big nationalistic, Thanks.....I think our women are closer, than our men.....My wife thinks the Korean figure skater got robbed, even though i tried to tell her the russian girl was more technically superior,,,the Korean girl was much more refined and artistic?.....maybe?.....Guess our generation will alway's be suspicious of the judges, when Russia(USSR) are involved....Putin is looking more and more like an asshole, eh?....Having his police whip the girls in Pussy Riot, right out in the open, for the world to see and worse yet, video......

Buffalo, NY

#678 Feb 21, 2014
Putin and his goons sure look dumb ...and the appearance seems to be accurate...Pussy Roit knew what was coming ..That beating made a political point a social point and was a shrewd career move...And Putin gets a little bit of shit all over his olympics...I don't think it's a sure thing that the NHL will allow play in the olympics in Korea...I have no idea if the korean figure skater was jobbed or not...figure skating is like art ...or music and hard to quantify...some times its just enough that the women skater are nice to watch...the men are a tad creepy..call me old fashioned
As far as ever saying it's their game...you couldn't pull those words out of me with pliers...The Soviets beat the Canadians in A Canada cup tourny...The Swedes beat the Canadians in the olympics...Dominik Hasek beat the Canadians in the Nagano olympics and dragged the Czech team along for the ride and we beat them in a Canada Cup in 1992...They may even find the Swedes a tall order on Sunday...They may be better today but never untouchable...Think about it... the minute that the Bull rider says that the bull can't be rode...he need to find a new game

Location hidden

#679 Feb 22, 2014
I think from what i saw of the men's figure skating, a tad creepy is being kind....Have you seen Johnny Weir dressed up, doing the commentary?...Pretty scary.....lol....On the other hand, Tara Lupinski looks super hot....funny how that works.....Was so glad to see Ukraine win a gold medal at one of the events, as they have been under Russia/USSR's thumb for too long....Russia and China both love dominating all their neighbors...like Tibet.....Glad these Olympics weren't spoiled by any terrorist BS....Putin is kinda a carryover from the communist regime.....Now, i want the Canadians to beat Sweden, and for us to win the bronze....I still love the hockey, even though they are all probably multi-millionaires...What i meant about Canada is, as Americans we have so much...NFL, MLB, UFC...lol....they mainly just have hockey and great fishing and hunting....plus, brutal winters.....Let's just keep the gold in this continent.....

Buffalo, NY

#680 Feb 22, 2014
About Canada...you play your brother on Friday and lose...There is no taste in your mouth so sour as losing to your brother...still on Sunday you hope for your brother 's victory...Finland just scored their 4th...I told my wife that I thought the USA players would have the attitude that I lost the game I wanted...Lets go home...When you speak of Canada and all they lack...Dont forget Canada lies two stone throws from my door...You in Sunny Florida live about 60 million stone throws from my door...We get the same weather...No tears for the Canadians on that one...I seen Weir in his...attrire...The wife works in a super sized pharmacy they are (as they should be) completely 'understanding'...I don't have that obligation...some of these guys(?) are...interesting...I guess figure skating is a female dominated sport...even the men's competition...
Russia and China have ugly histories in dealing with their neighbors...I was also happy to see Ukraine win a medal...

Location hidden

#681 Feb 22, 2014
Yeah, that was a depressing game to watch...i switched at 4-0.....maybe our guys are just too rich, and did'nt really commit....not sure what their problem was?.....My wife works in a pharmacy also....I have only been to British Columbia, so can't speak for the rest, though i have seen many trolls on here from Toronto.....Some of these events are too gag inducing....50K Cross-country?....Was watching some of the NFL Combine....they had offensive lineman and tightends working out...Matthews from Texas A&M, has the biggest thighs, known to man...lol...It's gotten hot again, and we turned the AC back on yesterday...I hate having to do it so soon, like surrendering.....We had a unusually warm winter....the exact opposite of everyone up north....I think it is time, all intelligent lifeforms admit to climate change, eh?....Wonder if those California farmers would agree?...Johnny Weir seems a bit sad to me, almost like he is crying out for attention....I have a nephew that is gay, and i hate to think of all the bullshit he has gone through...especially with his folks who are dutch reformed....very strict and unforgiving.....

Buffalo, NY

#682 Feb 22, 2014
All of the intelligent life forms have on our planet have reached that conclusion... only oil compamies and those that love them have doubts....
One of Buffalo's cultural treasures is the Gay men's choir... they perform at most secular Christmas events...The wife and I support them by attending their fundraisers..Gay bingo...drag races,...Most of these guys could 'pass'...I take it if your comfortable you don't need outside validation....Like you, I take the flamboyant as ill at ease...Hoping you will ridicule so they can use you as a stand - in ...so id can scream at ego...
I can't imagine the heart break your nephew would feel being rejected by his folks...
The combine is cool..Several years back the wife and I were watching as they worked out D-linemen...Timing their 40's...Some of these guys had man boobs flapping as they rumbled then this guy 315 lbs...not a damn thing wobbled on that guy...It was like watching an enormous sprinted..That was Broderick Bunkley...

Location hidden

#683 Feb 22, 2014
Some of the OL's had big bubble butts, which the scouts supposedly love...lol....I think 325 would be hard to maintain and still look trim....plus, as we've both seen over the years, it's the play, not the shape...Hell, i remember when the Fridge was a novelty...and now 300+ is the norm....Mark Schlareth was talking about how difficult it actually is, during the season, maintaining weight for some...One of the mock drafts had the Bills getting the UB linebacker, would that be a good choice?....Sorry i just blanked on his name....I like the combined also, along with both slaloms, but not sure about all the snowboarding yet.....I'll have to cut this short, as those porkchops aren't gonna grill themselves....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#684 Feb 23, 2014
300+ pounds is a big asset at some positions guards and nose tackles in particular. The bulk combined with being an athlete makes the player ..We both have seen that bulk and strength on it's own is virtually useless if there isn't an athlete under all that muscle and blubber. We had drafted a guy named Jamie Nails who had too much bulk wasted a lot of cash and a high pick on him..The U.B. linebacker Mack would be a dream come true to be honest...The Bills need a play maker at LB...Alabama LB Mosley could fit here too he is great v. the run...Mack could go to one the of NFL's persistent losers...The Bucs, Raiders or Jags...Mack is a Florida boy so he might prefer the Bucs or Jags...
Sent my E-Mail congratulations off to Vancouver..."Enjoy your win...The team played flawless hockey...We want a re-match.."...Blue it would be a shame if the NHL doesn't sent the players to Korea...What I would pay to see is a best of seven US v. Canada ...Feeling like shit...back and a bug...taking a nap..

Location hidden

#685 Feb 23, 2014
Over 300 has become the norm now, even for College....Wisconsin and Nebraska have had 300-325 pounders on their O-Line for years....I remember Jamie Nails, and everyone thought he was a sure thing...guess not, eh?....Like Tony Mandarich.....I hope one of the teams we like get's Kahlil Mack and BYU's Van Noy too....Mark Schlereth pointed out something on Colin Cowherd's show...He said he pissed his pants, while playing every game in the NFL...Somehow, i alway's knew that...lol....Yeah, i hope they keep using NHL guys in the Olympics, it is more even, i think....Tell me, how in hell Sweden beat Finland?....That's a head scratcher.....Hope you get to feeling better soon, have some Chicken soup.....

Buffalo, NY

#686 Feb 24, 2014
300+ pounds is not uncommon in high schools...One of the better Western New York teams had both tacles at 300+...Most of the guys who played line when we were younger dinosaurs were 250 + it is amazing how kids keep getting bigger...Mike Mayock a draft expert says that Mack is the best player in the draft...check it out......
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000032761...

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/02/23/khalil-mack-...

At the beginning of the year i told you that Mack reminded me of LT...I guess Mayock sees it about the same way...It will be a great draft this year.. there seems to be a rich pool this year...Can't wait to see where the three prized QB's go Bridgewater is the best of the group...If I were Houston I would take Bridgewater...But I also would be willing to trade as long as the compensation is right.. Sweden beat Finland because Finland had some injuries and they are thinner than Sweden in talent...The Finn's advantage lies in the fact that youth hockey in that country trains the kids in the system that the national team plays...9 out of 10 Finn's will work like dogs and nearly everyone of them plays responsible defense

Location hidden

#687 Feb 24, 2014
From what i have seen of Mack...he reminds me more of a stronger, less rangy, Clay Matthews....Mayock may be right about a guaranteed return, as far as he goes.....Watching the Combine, some of these D-Lineman have faster 40 times than some RB's and Safetys Want to see Micheal Sam and the LB's, this afternoon.....Talking about the Finns, i wanted to go to Scandinavia so bad, when we were in Europe...but, it was April and it snowed in Munich and Zurich, and that was cold enough for me....Tivolli Gardens in Copenhagen is something i'd like to visit.....Kinda glad for the Russian people, that they won the medals count and had the most golds. ..Glad everyone made it through, without any terrorism stuff....Houston need's to really favor Manzeil, because of the amount of ticket and jersey sales....$$$ Alway's keep your eye on the prize....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#688 Feb 24, 2014
I am glad for the Russian people..The games showed them in favorable light...Very glad no acts of terror..I din't want to say that until the games were over and most of the people were on their way out...It is a mixed feeling because the game also were a tool for Putin...He couldn't make them political like Hitler did with his olympics...But a successful olympics was important to both of these guys ambitions...I wonder what it is that you feed a kid to get a 300 lb ball of muscle...I know part is just proof of Darwin's theory...we are taller than what was average in the Middle Ages..average suit of armour were 5'6..but something has goosed up evolution for this generation..at least thats what is looks like from here..
Manzeil would sell better in Houston...but the gm and coaches future depends on getting this right...Bridgewater

Location hidden

#689 Feb 24, 2014
Alot now, is gonna depend on how Putin reacts to the situation in the Ukraine....Don't you remember when he shut off their heating oil? He is like a USSR carryover.....They said we ended up 4th in the medal count....that semi-sucks......Watched the Combine, off and on today and have yet to see the Linebackers.....Too much Clowney and Manzeil....I have traveled extensively in Asia and you can see where, after WW II, our introduction of huge amounts of protein into their diets made them a foot taller, in just several generations.....It's possible all the food protein additives and life through better chemistry is making more and more bigger, blue chippers....bet it has a kinda negative effect on their lifespan....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders legends revel in return to relevance 1 hr Anonymous 116
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Pete_Carroll 32,616
News Luther Strange to run for Jeff Sessions' Senate... 11 hr Knock off purse s... 4
News Danica Patrick is 'so sad' and sick of mediocri... Wed Ghost War Hero 2
News Mariners betting a roster spot that D.J. Peters... Wed johnnyj 1
News Mariners Could Strengthen Rotation With LHP Sco... Wed johnnyj 1
News Mariners Paxton A Good Bet To Anchor Canada's W... Wed johnnyj 1
More from around the web