The Internet's 'Six Strikes' Rule Is ...

The Internet's 'Six Strikes' Rule Is About to Clamp Down on Your Illegal Downloads

There are 2 comments on the New York Magazine story from Feb 7, 2013, titled The Internet's 'Six Strikes' Rule Is About to Clamp Down on Your Illegal Downloads. In it, New York Magazine reports that:

If you don't pay much attention to tech news, there's a good chance you haven't heard of the so-called "Six Strikes" copyright alert system, a new program that is being rolled out soon to crack down on illegal web piracy - downloads from Mega, BitTorrent, and the like.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Magazine.

JacobR

San Diego, CA

#1 Feb 8, 2013
There are still plenty of ways to protect your anonymity and download safely. For example: Seedboxes and VPNs ( https://sites.google.com/site/seedboxhowto/ ) People will just start learning to use new ways to download and get the movies / music / TV shows they want.
AnonymousV

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#2 Feb 11, 2013
This isn't going to solve anything - people are just going to flock to proxy and vpn providers to hide their ip address.

I myself just for the first time every signed up for a VPN with torguard.

http://torguard.net/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bizarre finish has Raptors crying foul after lo... 38 min Bewitched 202
News New Oakland Police Chief Anne Kirkpatrick's hig... 1 hr IwasborninOakland... 1
News College Football Star Arrested On Public Intoxi... 2 hr JustPhartings 6
News QB Jay Cutler has only taken the Bears to posts... (Aug '16) 7 hr Pigskin Phart 3
News Osweiler return to Denver a bust 8 hr Big Loud Phart 2
News Texans urged to stay in room, not eat room serv... 8 hr Big Fat Phart 2
News Adam Lallana an integral member of Jurgen Klopp... 13 hr LiverPhartxs 1
More from around the web